Jim Kelly's magical mystical ownership group

Shoutbox

Everything is quite clear now: the Buffalo Bills will be sold to the highest bidder upon Ralph Wilson's death in order to maximize his family's inheritance. Never mind what we all think of Ralph Wilson anymore. That isn't what I want this thread to devolve into...

So the battle for the Bills will likely be between:

1. the best Buffalo ownership group

2. the best Toronto ownership group

3. the best LA ownership group

Needless to say, things look very grim for the team's future in Buffalo. LA is the third largest metro area in North America with 18+ million people and an economy that absolutely dwarfs WNY's. Toronto checks in at about #8 with 7 million people and an economy that also dwarfs Buffalo's. There are rich guys out there who have $$$ signs in their eyes over the potential....

All Buffalo has are:

1. various internet rumors of interest from Terry Pegula, Tom Golisano, Jeremy Jacobs, Bob Rich, Danny Wegman, and Donald Trump.

2. a very loyal fanbase that has taken 53 years and 3 generations to build.

3. a serviceable NFL stadium (something that neither Toronto nor LA have at the moment).

4. Jim Kelly prancing around Orchard Park over the past few years, seemingly quite confident that the Bills will stay in Buffalo.

Ok, enough of my preamble. Here's my general question for the message board: what the !@#$ is up with this alleged ownership group that Jim Kelly has assembled? If it exists, why can't us Bills fans know a little something more about it? Why aren't the various WNY sports journalists asking more pointed questions about it? Does anyone here know ANYTHING about any of this?

This is getting really !@#$ing ridiculous. Bills fans have put up with a lot of bull **** over the years with this team. If we're no longer deserving of an NFL franchise, then we are at least entitled to some !@#$ing answers.

I really dont read about it anymore man. Its way out of anyones hands at this point. I will say this though, they day the Bills leave Buffalo I will never watch or support the NFL again. Thats the way it goes for me. As far as Mr Wilson goes, he owns this as a business and owes nobody or any fan anything. We chose to support or buy a ticket to fund this thing. Business is business and it sucks but the mighty dollar rules all in the end. Enjoy them while we have them is about all that can be said at this point.

What were you really hoping to accomplish here? Did you think this time would go different than the last decade of us speculating? Just curious.

I guess I was hoping to collect some "insider" info from people connected to this situation who know things that the public doesn't know.

If you're not interested in this subject, then simply don't click on the thread title and participate. Getting !@#$ing sick of you smartasses.

I guess I was hoping to collect some "insider" info from people connected to this situation who know things that the public doesn't know.

If you're not interested in this subject, then simply don't click on the thread title and participate. Getting !@#$ing sick of you smartasses.

There have been hundreds of threads started on it. No exaggeration. Thats not even counting the ones that devolve into threads about it. I'm not being a smart ass, I just don't see why you think that the answer will suddenly be broken in this thread. Even if someone popped in with an answer, why would you ever believe it?

We are all interested but unless you are coming with breaking news on the topic, a new thread is highly unlikely to bring new info.

Edited by NoSaint

Kelly doesn't have squat. He's got a couple million in the bank and a pension, in a billion dollar market he's a nobody.

Unless Ralph leaves the Bills to Kelly in his will. The Bills aren't going to LA, there are 10 million people from Rochester to Toronto and Buffalo is right in the middle. Only NYC and LA have more, they ain't goin nowhere!

Unless Ralph leaves the Bills to Kelly in his will. The Bills aren't going to LA, there are 10 million people from Rochester to Toronto and Buffalo is right in the middle. Only NYC and LA have more, they ain't goin nowhere!

Kelly couldn't even afford the taxes on it. He'd have to be the cheerleader for a group of rich guys.

Edited by NoSaint

i hear ya.. im interested also.. i think it is very important and relevant right now

This is getting really !@#$ing ridiculous. Bills fans have put up with a lot of bull **** over the years with this team. If we're no longer deserving of an NFL franchise, then we are at least entitled to some !@#$ing answers.

Getting !@#$ing sick of you smartasses.

Rant on! LOL