All Glory to The Benbernanke

/dev/null

Well Tom, I've been involved and very close to the industry. The housing bubble was created by loose money lending policy. Would you agree that under previous standards the bubble would never have gained the traction that it did? Would you also agree that without these lowered standards that the practices that compounded the crises would never have happened?

Well, 3rd, so have I. Would you agree that many mortgages were written to loose standards outside of the CRA?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, 3rd, so have I. Would you agree that significantly many mortgages were written to loose standards outside of the CRA?

Fixed.

CRA did bubkus to relax lending standards on mortgages. Far bigger culprits were the inventions of countless no-doc loans, ARMs, negative-am, etc that had nothing to do with CRA. The lending machine could support all that crappy underwriting because there were always buyers of the securitized mortgages, because they got credit on regulatory capital by holding those securitizations. CRA had nothing to do with the machine that got built up.

How much of this economic volatility is due to the coming apocalypse on 12.21.12?

I'm betting a lot.

/doomed

Obviously. I already started blowing my life savings on hookers and blow in anticipation of the return of the messiah.

Obviously. I already started blowing my life savings on hookers and blow in anticipation of the return of the messiah.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one.

Who cares? I've got life by the balls. My annuity runs out on 12/22/2012 (just in case they were off by a day).

That's brilliant.

Speaking of money. US credit rating was cut, again. Though, Ive never heard of Egan-Jones company.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49037337

Ratings firm Egan-Jones cut its credit rating on the U.S. government to "AA-" from "AA," citing its opinion that quantitative easing from the Federal Reserve would hurt the U.S. economy and the country's credit quality.

Speaking of money. US credit rating was cut, again. Though, Ive never heard of Egan-Jones company.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49037337

Ratings firm Egan-Jones cut its credit rating on the U.S. government to "AA-" from "AA," citing its opinion that quantitative easing from the Federal Reserve would hurt the U.S. economy and the country's credit quality.

Can't wait for the backlash from the MSM.

• 2 weeks later...