IF there is a "plan" then why can't they extend the lease?

TheFunPolice

Excellent thread, IMO. - though dripping of a dozen years of pathetic-performance apathy. This IS essential discussion of our Bills that we all have -in 'non-Wall' conversations. Despite the obvious taboo of public discourse about a living LEGEND of the game 'overstaying', it's WHAT Bills fans are really talking about.

From an ever-hopeful lifer, I believe a local group with the $$ to be bidding goes all in with a new, collapsible roof gem in Niagara Falls -spurring the otherwise Unlikely Possibility of a resurgence to relevance in the region.

No logical reason the Wison family is standing pat with Ralph's now dated proclamation.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha ha...always an excuse...and some lame insults. Greatest fans in the NFL can't be bothered to buy the cheapest tickets in the NFL because they might get cold. But don't you dare take our team away or give games to Toronto because we are sooo awesome.

PTR

If your saying that we should continue to buy tickets en masse, averaging $60 each, to watch crappy football, for one of the worst franchises in the NFL, which by all indications will abandon Buffalo in the next few years, or we are poor fans, then I think you are making a very weak argument. And you are the one launching the insults. I understand though, it's the only weapon when there is no rational argument in your favor.

If you want to sell a product, then produce something worth buying.

the recent developments seem to make clear that the state and county are saying "you want hundreds of millions of dollars in tax money? Fine, but you MUST commit to being here for the duration of the lease. No buyout clauses.

Good for Cuomo. He's not your typical politician in that (being a Democrat in NY) he has the media, unions, NYC power brokers, etc. behind him. It either goes his way or it just isn't going to happen. His political future is secure either way.

Even though I normally don't vote Democrat, I am 100% behind Cuomo on this one.

Edited by TheFunPolice

If your saying that we should continue to buy tickets en masse, averaging $60 each, to watch crappy football, for one of the worst franchises in the NFL, which by all indications will abandon Buffalo in the next few years, or we are poor fans, then I think you are making a very weak argument. And you are the one launching the insults. I understand though, it's the only weapon when there is no rational argument in your favor.

If you want to sell a product, then produce something worth buying.

Actually YES...if you want the NFL to stay in Buffalo. The media and the league have little sympathy for fans opinion of the quality of the Bills. All they know and see are empty seats. If Buffalo doesn't want to support the Bills, why keep them here? L.A. is waiting, and other cities as well.

If that is too much to ask then maybe we are better off letting go of the Bills. It would certainly make you happier.

PTR

Actually YES...if you want the NFL to stay in Buffalo. The media and the league have little sympathy for fans opinion of the quality of the Bills. All they know and see are empty seats. If Buffalo doesn't want to support the Bills, why keep them here? L.A. is waiting, and other cities as well.

If that is too much to ask then maybe we are better off letting go of the Bills. It would certainly make you happier.

PTR

It doesn't matter what the level of support is for the Bills. The owner is going to have his asset auctioned off when he passes. You are giving the impression that the Bills have not been reasonably supported. That is not the case. Over the past dozen years or so the fans have supported the team beyond the level of its mediocre performance. In additiion, the local and state public authorities have been very generous in supporting the franchise with public funds. What more do you want?

Open air stadium in Buffalo NY in December. You can't blame people for not wanting to put up with that crap. Comparing to LA and Jax is a nonsensical comparison for December games.

Put a dome on it, I will buy December tix. As it is, I don't look at tix any later than mid-November. And I'm sure a lot of fans feel this way