The religion of peace.

Gary M

I guess Obama needed to take a poll to find out whose side he was on. Someone needs to tell him that bald-faced lies and leading from behind the polls doesn't equal character and balls. This POS criticized Romney for his stance eight hours before he decided he needed to take the same stance? Everything he does is seen in the light of his reelection.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't let the facts get in the way.

PLEASE tell me what Myth Romneys plan is to end the extremists attacks?

Energy independence, you twit. When we are in control of our own economic destiny we can dictate our terms. These !@#$s won't get away with the schit they do when their neighbors are truly afraid of our economic policies towards them.

Part of participating in this global society of ours is tolerating views and practices which may make you upset or uncomfortable. Making that video pretty much makes you an !@#$, but by no means does it justify any violence. Assigning equal blame in this instance as if Muslims are somehow incapable of exercising restraint or judgement when they're angry is beyond foolish. Appeasement has never worked, and will never work.

Part of participating in this global society of ours is tolerating views and practices which may make you upset or uncomfortable. Making that video pretty much makes you an !@#$, but by no means does it justify any violence. Assigning equal blame in this instance as if Muslims are somehow incapable of exercising restraint or judgement when they're angry is beyond foolish. Appeasement has never worked, and will never work.

Exactly right

This topic has some of the stupidest posts I've seen on PPP in a while. Pathetic responses from a few people in here.

Hey everyone...NewBills has spoken. And let's face it, when it comes to stupid posts, he really is the authority...so stifle it, you clowns. Don't make NewBills pull the car over and come back there.

And nobody has said it was justified. But knowing there's minority segment of Muslim population who could react this way made it wholly irresponsible on the film makers part .... 4 innocent people are dead due in part to their wreckless and selfish behavior. It's more than just being an ass

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

The instant narrative from the media is that Romney “jumped the gun,” that he has used the death of Americans as a campaign prop and broken the sacred rule that “politics stops at the water’s edge.”

Except that’s not what happened at all.

Cairo jumped the gun on its controllers in Washington, and by the time Cairo’s disgraceful response filtered out into the media ether it was being rendered more disgraceful still by the violent turn the protests took, and Romney rightly condemned it as disgraceful. The Obama administration then caught up to Romney and muzzled Cairo.

So how is Romney the one with the bad messaging here?

His initial statement had nothing to do with Ambassador Stevens’s murder. Yet just about the same time the Obama administration starts un$&%*ing its response to the crisis, Obama’s political hatchet man (not even his White House press secretary!) starts condemning Romney for politicizing it.

Thus, Romney’s awkward spot. The media has already showed it is going to be of no help in clarifying any of the above, being far more interested in “WHAT ABOUT THE GAAAAAAAAFFFES?!” style questions. So Romney is going to have to be the bigger man and say something like “I was heartened to see President Obama disavow the remarks of his administration’s staff in Cairo and I will pray for him to find the wisdom and courage to address these heinous attacks in a way that brings justice to the dead and ensures the security of our diplomats abroad.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/316631/romneys-awkward-spot-daniel-foster

And nobody has said it was justified. But knowing there's minority segment of Muslim population who could react this way made it wholly irresponsible on the film makers part .... 4 innocent people are dead due in part to their wreckless and selfish behavior. It's more than just being $@#%

Your seriously blaming the film maker. Your unbelievable. It can't be the people who are allowed to act like savages and enabled by apologetic douchebags. No. It's the film makers fault because the radicals are the victims.

The instant narrative from the media is that Romney “jumped the gun,” that he has used the death of Americans as a campaign prop and broken the sacred rule that “politics stops at the water’s edge.”

Except that’s not what happened at all.

Cairo jumped the gun on its controllers in Washington, and by the time Cairo’s disgraceful response filtered out into the media ether it was being rendered more disgraceful still by the violent turn the protests took, and Romney rightly condemned it as disgraceful. The Obama administration then caught up to Romney and muzzled Cairo.

So how is Romney the one with the bad messaging here?

His initial statement had nothing to do with Ambassador Stevens’s murder. Yet just about the same time the Obama administration starts un$&%*ing its response to the crisis, Obama’s political hatchet man (not even his White House press secretary!) starts condemning Romney for politicizing it.

Thus, Romney’s awkward spot. The media has already showed it is going to be of no help in clarifying any of the above, being far more interested in “WHAT ABOUT THE GAAAAAAAAFFFES?!” style questions. So Romney is going to have to be the bigger man and say something like “I was heartened to see President Obama disavow the remarks of his administration’s staff in Cairo and I will pray for him to find the wisdom and courage to address these heinous attacks in a way that brings justice to the dead and ensures the security of our diplomats abroad.”

http://www.nationalr...t-daniel-foster

In poker terms, Romney is on tilt

And nobody has said it was justified. But knowing there's minority segment of Muslim population who could react this way made it wholly irresponsible on the film makers part .... 4 innocent people are dead due in part to their wreckless and selfish behavior. It's more than just being an ass

That sounds like rationalization and appeasement to me. Which is the root of the problem? Someone making movies or a segment of the population acting irrationally and violently every time they get their feathers ruffled?

And not it isn't more than someone behaving like an ass. If I made this film and substituted Mohammed for Jesus, no one would give a sh$t because its already been done a hundred times without incident. I could build the worlds largest toilet on my property and flush 1 million bibles and there would be no violence what so ever. But if the Koran is mistreated or if the prophet is depicted at all, not even necessarily poorly, then heads will roll, literally. Its not the behavior as I've clearly demonstrated, its the reaction.

Appeasement will never work, Joe_the_Neville_Chamberlain. If we compromise our own freedom of speech now, where does it end? Dangerous precedent.

Edited by Jauronimo