Axelrod declared Obama has no plans to balance budget

VABills

I am not one to watch the Sunday morning talk shows, but flipping channels looking for weather report, someone had David Axelrod on. He was pretty blunt that the whitehouse has no plans to ever balance the budget. In fact with our huge deficit already he stated that with Obamas plan they would only bring down the deficit 4 trillion in 10 years, assuming nothing goes wrong, 10 !@#$ing years. The Messiah won't even be in office, should he somehow win in 9 weeks. On top of that, they expect if a budget isn't passed that come January, unemploment will easily be back over 9%.

What the hell is wrong with the folks at 1600 Penn? Axelrod, was so matter of fact, like it's a foregone conclusion and they really didn't care that taxes rise, unemployment goes up and the deficit keeps growing.

it's bush's fault

I sense your liberal sarcasm but...that is what they are seriously thinking.

They probably will trot out the ol' " no one knew how bad of a situation we inherited from my predecessor, it was worse than we thought and even though I had media support and complete control of congress for 2 years I just need more time we have more work to do blah blah blah"

They probably will trot out the ol' " no one knew how bad of a situation we inherited from my predecessor, it was worse than we thought and even though I had media support and complete control of congress for 2 years I just need more time we have more work to do blah blah blah"

Yeah, but the problem is, if he wins re-election, is he still gonna talk about the mess he inherited???? From himself????

Axelrod also couldn't say that the country is better off today than 4 years ago. Very telling.

Biden disagrees. He thinks America is better off today than 4 years ago and he'd like to go into detail. But it's too hot

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/09/03/Biden-If-It-Werent-So-Hot

I think all the Sunday shows touched on the Are You Better Off meme and all of Obama's surrogates danced around the question. Now they're backtracking and trying to pretend how things are so much better today

I am not one to watch the Sunday morning talk shows, but flipping channels looking for weather report, someone had David Axelrod on. He was pretty blunt that the whitehouse has no plans to ever balance the budget. In fact with our huge deficit already he stated that with Obamas plan they would only bring down the deficit 4 trillion in 10 years, assuming nothing goes wrong, 10 !@#$ing years. The Messiah won't even be in office, should he somehow win in 9 weeks. On top of that, they expect if a budget isn't passed that come January, unemploment will easily be back over 9%.

What the hell is wrong with the folks at 1600 Penn? Axelrod, was so matter of fact, like it's a foregone conclusion and they really didn't care that taxes rise, unemployment goes up and the deficit keeps growing.

Reducing the deficit 4T in 10 years would be more than is likely to actually happen under any administration. don't believe anyone who says the deficit will be $0 in ten years unless they are raising taxes significantly.

No one knew how bad BO would be at actually fixing anything either. Like Clint said, "Somebody doesn't do the job - you gotta let 'em go."

Reducing the deficit 4T in 10 years would be more than is likely to actually happen under any administration. don't believe anyone who says the deficit will be $0 in ten years unless they are raising taxes significantly.

He said that they have no plans to balance the budget with Obama in office, and only 10 years out is there a plan to reduce the deficit by 4 trillion. So if he continues to run up 1+ trillion over the next 4 years, and who knows what beyond, at the end of 10 years would it be reduced 4 trillion off that.

I personally don't see how they could eliminate a 16 trillion deficit in 10 years either but they aren't talking about that. They are just talking about not balancing the budget. (Read: spending no more than you take in tax wise).

I don't know about you, but I don't want to see us continuing to go in the hole. I see no reason that the budget can't be balanced immediately and the deficit reduced from the current number by at least 4t in 10 years. Continuing to pass stimulus packages that go to donors of your party so they can build "green" companies that go bankrupt, or building toll gates on roads in Connecticut so it's easier for people to get through the gates quicker isn't a good use of my money. What else do we have to show for it?

Balance the budget now, and reduce the deficit sooner rather than later. The quicker we reduce the less amount of money from our taxes that go to interest payments on out deficit. Which means there will be more money longer term, without needing to go into debt. Just like with your home credit. When times are tight, you don't keep getting more credit cards and running up the balance, you stop going out to dinner, stop taking zumba lessons, stop taking trips to cape cod, and you pay down your current credit cards so you can same cash and take an African safari without going further into debt.

Brought to you by FAUX News and Conservative bloggers.

The TWO sides refuse to work together no matter what Americans ask of them.

The Party of NO won't budge (GOP) and the Dems are being just as stubborn.

and FTR 4 years ago we were in a Financial FREE FALL.

The Dow was plummeting from 1400 on its way to less than 7000. For those tan can do math. 50% drop in value

dow-jones-plunge-stock-market-crash-october-2008.gif

March of 2009 - The Dow Jones industrial average (INDU) dropped to 6,547.05, its lowest point since April 15, 1997.

Brought to you by FAUX News and Conservative bloggers.

The TWO sides refuse to work together no matter what Americans ask of them.

The Party of NO won't budge (GOP) and the Dems are being just as stubborn.

and FTR 4 years ago we were in a Financial FREE FALL.

The Dow was plummeting from 1400 on its way to less than 7000. For those tan can do math. 50% drop in value

dow-jones-plunge-stock-market-crash-october-2008.gif

March of 2009 - The Dow Jones industrial average (INDU) dropped to 6,547.05, its lowest point since April 15, 1997.

What does the DJIA have to do with balancing the budget?

The Federal Budget will not be balanced without one of two things happening:

1. Changes to the Structeral Big 3, Defense, HHS or SS

2. Sharp Increase in Tax Rates

Considering each party is a staunch defender of one of those items and will not budge on the other, I can't see balanced budgets during an Obama or Romney presidency, maybe beyond that.

These parties will not change anything, we have seen it again and again. The only real answer is taking their reposinsibilites and control away from them....

Edited by B-Large

Considering each party is a staunch defender of one of those items and will not budge on the other, I can't see balanced budgets during an Obama or Romney presidency, maybe beyond that.

These parties will not change anything, we have seen it again and again. The only real answer is taking their reposinsibilites and control away from them....

Just curious, do you think one approach is better than the other?

And has either approach worked in the past?

At this point, it would probably take both.

Just curious, do you think one approach is better than the other?

And has either approach worked in the past?

Just for context purposes.

The Budget deficit under BO has been over 8% of revenues. Under W it was 2%. In fact at no time since WW2 including under Carter, has the deficit as a percent of GDP been this bad. Even whitehouse estimates for the next 4 years put it at 3.5%.

For further perspective, at no time since WW2 have we ever had a single year where the deficit was more than 6%, and yet all four years of BO have all been over 8%. ;

Just for context purposes.

The Budget deficit under BO has been over 8% of revenues. Under W it was 2%. In fact at no time since WW2 including under Carter, has the deficit as a percent of GDP been this bad. Even whitehouse estimates for the next 4 years put it at 3.5%.

For further perspective, at no time since WW2 have we ever had a single year where the deficit was more than 6%, and yet all four years of BO have all been over 8%. ;

It's Bush's fault.