Dwan Edwards cut

Kevin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills have no depth at defensive tackle other than Spencer Johnson, and Williams is coming off of a significant injury. Cutting Edwards is a mistake. Neither Carrington nor Heard should be on the regular season roster.

Nick Barnett is not happy about Dwan being let go.

NickBarnett ‏@NickBarnett

Absolutely disappointed if what I hear about Dewaun Edwards is true!! Can not have enough guys on your team like him!!

I too think this is a mistake. The Bills do not have great depth at DT now with only Spencer Johnson as a viable backup. Bills were well under the salary cap for the season too so that "benefit" of releasing him means nothing.

perhaps his salary really didn't have anything to do with it. Like was said above, square peg in a round hole. He's been a 3-4 DE his entire career. At least Carrington, disappointing as he may be, was a 4-3 DE in college, and obviously Spencer Johnson was a 4-3 DT during the end of the Jauron era (shudder) so it could just be a scheme fit issue more than talent or salary.

Nick Barnett is not happy about Dwan being let go.

NickBarnett ‏@NickBarnett

Absolutely disappointed if what I hear about Dewaun Edwards is true!! Can not have enough guys on your team like him!!

I too think this is a mistake. The Bills do not have great depth at DT now with only Spencer Johnson as a viable backup. Bills were well under the salary cap for the season too so that "benefit" of releasing him means nothing.

The thing is, with Edwards at DT, you're not winning anything. I think Edwards, Gilbert and Heard are interchangeable. You save money by releasing him from a position he was not going to excel at.