Dwan Edwards cut

Kevin

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Him luck. There really was no place for him once we went back to the 4-3 and drafted Marcell in addition to Kyle Williams. Than add in not only Mario but Mark really made him expendable.

I'm interested to follow him a bit. I assumed he would end up 34 end again, but if starting at 43 tackle we may get a chance to see if he had a spot. Might not have been great value but we will see if he can play the position.

As noted in another thread, Cutting Dwan also saved us close to $4m in cap room. That is also another reason why he's gone. I did really like the guy though and I think he'll do well in Car.

Totally understand. 4m for a 3rd tackle isn't cheap. Still curious to see what he does inside on a 43 consistently. Hopefully we stay healthy and he plays well and everyone's a winner in this move.

i like edwards and wish him success. as far as alex carrington, i hope he steps his game up and puts in the work. i'm very comfortable with spencer johnson and if carrington finds some confidence and consistency, the interior of the d-line can really be something special for 60 minutes every sunday.

Good situation for Edwards. The Panthers are thin at DT. He could wind up starting down here eventually.

Quick update: I checked the Panthers depth chart and he is already listed as a starter.

Edited by Drifter

Dwan was always decent, never anything special but never anything horrid. Prototypical guy you want off the bench but not starting. Honestly S.Johnson being a better player and the upside of A.Carrington made him expendable for us. But the Panthers are a team that needed depth at DT and I can see him starting. The guy had a nice soft landing spot good for him.

I agree that he was an expensive backup. However, after everything the front office did this offseason, it seems hard to believe that the money was the main factor. i certainly hope that the team felt Carrington was better and saw cutting Dwan as a signal to other current non-Bills that we treat our guys well and give them a chance to live their hopes and dreams when they do not align with those of the team.