Easley..

If you watch around the league I think you'd be surprised by the number of big fast guys that get less of a shot than he has. He's a midrounder that hasn't played in two years.

Unless he has tight connections with someone or really blew someone away before his draft.... There's a decent chance he passes waivers for sheer lack of film in the last two years. Out of sight out of mind is a real thing. He may get picked up, he may not... A lot of teams prefer their own bubble guys that already know the playbook

I agree there's a good chance he clears waivers at this time of year. I'm referring to getting lifted off our PS from another team during the season. Its not unusual for WRs & TEs to get taken from PS by another team, especially inexperienced ones. You get the other teams playbook & a guy with some potential upside, for usually not a lot of money. All 3 teams in our divison for example could be looking for a big WR that can get deep ... Pats never really solved it since Moss left and clearly they're trying, Jets tried to by drafting Hill and hes had butterfingers in preseason, amd Fins are totally depleted after trading Marshal.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree there's a good chance he clears waivers at this time of year. I'm referring to getting lifted off our PS from another team during the season. Its not unusual for WRs & TEs to get taken from PS by another team, especially inexperienced ones. You get the other teams playbook & a guy with some potential upside, for usually not a lot of money. All 3 teams in our divison for example could be looking for a big WR that can get deep ... Pats never really solved it since Moss left and clearly they're trying, Jets tried to by drafting Hill and hes had butterfingers in preseason, amd Fins are totally depleted after trading Marshal.

actually if team B is playing team A the next week (it could be longer like 2-3 weeks or next game).....team B CAN NOT pull any players from team As PS.

Roosevelt does nothing but the right thing.. Great hands.. No mistakes.. Hard to get rid of this kid.. Not saying I don't like Easley, because I do.. But if I had to choose, Roosevelt stays!!

On the official Buffalobills.com website do they give full stats? I wanted to see Roosevelt's return stats for the Lions game, but the only ones I could find were at http://www.buffalobills.com/schedules/game/2012/preseason4/ which just gave a summary. (I know I can find them at espn or other sites, but it's strange that the Bills' official site wouldn't have them, unless I'm looking on the wrong page.)

To be honest, I don't think his performance last night will be enough to make the team. That said, if he is placed on the practice squad he finally has a chance to keep working during the season. Considering that rate at which we went through receivers last year keeping him around may not be a bad idea.

At his size and potential though I see him getting picked off by another team from our PS. If you want him gotta keep on the 53

New England!!!!!

On the official Buffalobills.com website do they give full stats? I wanted to see Roosevelt's return stats for the Lions game, but the only ones I could find were at http://www.buffalobi...012/preseason4/ which just gave a summary. (I know I can find them at espn or other sites, but it's strange that the Bills' official site wouldn't have them, unless I'm looking on the wrong page.)

Click on ESPN site, then NFL , then Scoreboard and find game, it is there

The guy basically hasn't played in two years. I think he has showed enough potential that he deserves a chance to get his game legs going. I would hate to see him get cut and end up having a good career somewhere else. The thing is we know what all of the other recievers on the bubble are bringing to the table. Not so much with Easley. I like Roosevelt too. We will know soon enough.

He showed me something special on that 2 pointer and there is no denying his potential. I am cutting Brad Smith and not Easley.

You run the wildcat with our new QB.

Oh and Rooseveldt, he is staying too. Although I might waive him and take my chances but I am def bringing him back If he clears waivers.

At his size and potential though I see him getting picked off by another team from our PS. If you want him gotta keep on the 53

A 1 significant year walk-on at UConn that was on IR for two years is really gonna be at the top of the list.

I'm not too worried about Easely clearing Waivers. There are more "potential" WRs in this league than anything else.

He showed me something special on that 2 pointer and there is no denying his potential. I am cutting Brad Smith and not Easley.

You run the wildcat with our new QB.

Oh and Rooseveldt, he is staying too. Although I might waive him and take my chances but I am def bringing him back If he clears waivers.

Agree cut smith and hagan.....clear a spot for Easley

We are looking for a big guy to get deep too. Unless he's among the top few receivers out there - I think he'd be hardpressed to get targeted and I'm not thinking he will be. Could be but im not banking on it.

Further - maybe my gut is wrong or I didn't notice but how many wrs really get pulled off practice squads?

ok ok. I'm intrigued w projects perhaps subconsciously I wish that a team wudda developed my short ass after my tarrable D2 carreer lol. so the dark horse odd balls are interesting stories such as the Jasperphant experimrent and this years Blind Folded d3 QB invite. But a young man fighting a knee tragedy and then an "undisclosed" heart issue. WOW!!! that wasnt no ko return, EASLEY ran the up the stairs to the rocky theme last night. (so my mind says) "THE KID STAYS IN THE PICTURE"

THANK YOU

ok ok. I'm intrigued w projects perhaps subconsciously I wish that a team wudda developed my short ass after my tarrable D2 carreer lol. so the dark horse odd balls are interesting stories such as the Jasperphant experimrent and this years Blind Folded d3 QB invite. But a young man fighting a knee tragedy and then an "undisclosed" heart issue. WOW!!! that wasnt no ko return, EASLEY ran the up the stairs to the rocky theme last night. (so my mind says) "THE KID STAYS IN THE PICTURE"

THANK YOU

I'm not sure if he's earned a spot yet, but if we don't have a clear winner ahead of him, I might give him a spot on potential. And if he doesn't pan out with playing time this year, then cut him and move on.

From what we see I think a lot of these guys are 6 of one or a half dozen of the other.

I think some stuff thats hard for fans to evaluate (attitude, work ethic, chemistry, response to feedback etc...) along with how well they executed assignments (which we rarely see or know) will break the tie.

Really, none seem head and shoulders above the rest.