Did the Bills really reach for T.J. Graham?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every team in the NFL could have drafted Russell Wilson. But only the Bills are idiots for passing.

I don't know, the Jags (who we jumped) took a punter with their 3rd rounder (also passing on Wilson)... Bills fans might accept a second team into the "idiots" category this time...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I agree with both of you that tons of teams passed on him. We are not idiots, but both us and the Jags did reach in the third. I mean TJ would have been there in the 4th round. I think the Redskins fooled us, but that is fine. We got a player who has looked relaly good so far in preseason. I am not mad with TJ. I like the pick up so far. He has been solid, I hope he can turn into a #2 though. We need a #2 badly in Buffalo

Every team in the NFL could have drafted Russell Wilson. But only the Bills are idiots for passing.

The problem is, by the begining of the third round, no team in the league needed a quarterback as badly as the Bills did. It is inexcusable that, despite this, Buddy and Co. did not even consider taking a quarterback in the 2012 draft.

Edited by mannc

I can recall watching the NFL network during the draft. They went to a commercial after the Bills selected TJ Graham because they had no info on the guy. Mike Mayock stated he thought Graham was a 5th thru 7th rounder.

Hey, it remains to be seen if TJ can become that deep threat that keeps the defense honest ....or just another scrub in the many scrubs of the current Bills WR corps.

If Wilson becomes a top QB this season it certainly will give some fans the ammunition to blast Buddy Nix for another Rob Gronkowski type miss

The problem is, by the begining of the third round, no team in the league needed a quarterback as badly as the Bills did. It is inexcusable that, despite this, Buddy and Co. did not even consider taking a quarterback in the 2012 draft.

They did consider a qb and they stated afterwards that he was gone when they came to pick. So they likely set eyes on Wilson who was projected a fourth or fifth rounder before the draft and lost him when Seahawks grabbed him. The pick by the seahawkscat the time looked dumb since they signed Flynn and had TJ

I mean we could have had Russell Wilson? Check out this article on NFL Draft Zone and who would you have rather had?

http://nomorelinks....ith-t-j-graham/

I am not the world's biggest fan of this FO, but I don't think trying to draft a speed guy when you have none whatsoever on your roster is a real reach.

You are talking from your view point and millions of other's viewpoints, but this FO apparently doesn't think the Bills need a QB, or at least they want you to believe they feel that way.

I can recall watching the NFL network during the draft. They went to a commercial after the Bills selected TJ Graham because they had no info on the guy. Mike Mayock stated he thought Graham was a 5th thru 7th rounder.

Hey, it remains to be seen if TJ can become that deep threat that keeps the defense honest ....or just another scrub in the many scrubs of the current Bills WR corps.

If Wilson becomes a top QB this season it certainly will give some fans the ammunition to blast Buddy Nix for another Rob Gronkowski type miss

Like there isn't enough ammo for "some fans" already.

GO BILLS!!!

I think the Bills will DEFINITELY draft a QB next year. Seems like there is some sort of urgency for one right now.

Everyone knows if we had Kirk Cousins or Wilson perform like the way they did, in our team, we would all be calling for them to start over Fitz.

*on our... Dang auto-correct.

I think waivers could have one or two possible young options. Idk what's going to happen.

I think the Bills will DEFINITELY draft a QB next year. Seems like there is some sort of urgency for one right now.

Urgency on who's part? The fans maybe, but the FO doesn't seem to urgent to get an NFL starting caliber QB. We have been thinking for the past few years that the Bills "Have To" draft a QB, and they did a few years ago with Levi Brown-gave us fans what we wanted for sure.

Buddy has said repeatedly that, unless there is a "10-15 year guy available" they weren't going to choose a QB. In other words, Fitz was it until something demonstrably better was available. Nobody thought Wilson was a "10-15 year guy" and he was slotted and drafted as such.

All this gnashing of teeth and second guessing accomplishes nothing. And for as little as Fitz has accomplished in he NFL he has won at least one NFL game. Can we wait until Russell Wilson AT LEAST accomplishes that before we start the HOF induction ceremonies?

GO BILLS!!!

I am not the world's biggest fan of this FO, but I don't think trying to draft a speed guy when you have none whatsoever on your roster is a real reach.

actually, that's kind of the definition of a reach... drafting a player for need when there are high rated players on the board. not to say it definitely was with Graham. kinda hard to believe they didn't have other players rated higher than someone not many analysts even knew much about (including QB's they brought in like Wilson and Cousins); but if they really, honestly, believe he was a better player than anyone on the board then it was not. and maybe he is... sure doesn't look too bad yet.

All this gnashing of teeth and second guessing accomplishes nothing. And for as little as Fitz has accomplished in he NFL he has won at least one NFL game. Can we wait until Russell Wilson AT LEAST accomplishes that before we start the HOF induction ceremonies?

The Russell Wilson love-fest on this board over the past 3 days is a new low. So because Matt Flynn crapped the bed during the pre-season, Wilson is suddenly the most brilliant 3d round pick since Joe Montana.

:doh:

The Russell Wilson love-fest on this board over the past 3 days is a new low. So because Matt Flynn crapped the bed during the pre-season, Wilson is suddenly the most brilliant 3d round pick since Joe Montana.

:doh:

Apparently, he's good enough right now that Buddy just traded for the guy who was playing third string behind him. I don't recall anyone calling Wilson the greatest 3d round pick since Montana. Instead, they are saying that the early evidence suggests that the Bills should have taken him instead of Graham. Seems like a legitimate point.