Vince Young, What do you make of it?

BillsLux

Bottom line is this: if it were an open competition for starting position, fitz would have done nothing to distinguish himself from young and thig. Case could made he's actually behind them given his head start with Chans offense and play with the 1st teamers.

You're kidding or trolling, right?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom line is this: if it were an open competition for starting position, fitz would have done nothing to distinguish himself from young and thig. Case could made he's actually behind them given his head start with Chans offense and play with the 1st teamers.

Bottom line is this: coaching staffs get FAR FAR FAR more of an indication of who is distinguishing themselves in practices, not the preseason scrimmages. I know that might be a challenge for you to wrap your head around but Fitz CLEARLY distinguished himself over Young and Thigpen all through camp.

You are just making sh*t up to support your tired crusade.

GO BILLS!!!

wow... :blink:

If anything, I think VY is relieved right now. Whether it's the financial problems, the pressure to resurrect his once promising career, or any combination of factors off the field, he clearly wasn't enjoying the game ON the field. I hope he can get his life in order and find the fun in playing again. Maybe he goes to the CFL for a year or two, I don't know.

GO BILLS!!!

I've stated this before and will state it again. Vince Young isn't smart enough to run this offense. His response to pressure is taking off running. When you can't make reads quick enough to actually get the ball out in a 3 step drop, we don't just want him trying to make plays with his feet. In addition to not being smart enough to get it, he's not accurate in his delivery. Picking up Tarvaris Jackson wasn't a bad move to motivate Fitzpatrick. I think that's it in a nutshell. Thigpen really just wasn't getting it done either, so getting Jackson wasn't bad.

I've stated this before and will state it again. Vince Young isn't smart enough to run this offense. His response to pressure is taking off running. When you can't make reads quick enough to actually get the ball out in a 3 step drop, we don't just want him trying to make plays with his feet. In addition to not being smart enough to get it, he's not accurate in his delivery. Picking up Tarvaris Jackson wasn't a bad move to motivate Fitzpatrick. I think that's it in a nutshell. Thigpen really just wasn't getting it done either, so getting Jackson wasn't bad.

You really think T Jackson is here to motivate Fitz? I think he is here because the other backups have sucked, and they want someone that is at least competent to send out there if Fitz goes down in a game, or for a few games. I hope TJ is competent enough. I certainly think he is better than the other backups.

good move by the bills im very pleased to see it

if you suck you get cut end of story

in years past the bills would just let crap players wallow on the roster for years on end and never take action

And then there's Kelsay.

I'm am a little surprised by the cut. I thought Thigpen would be cut first. There is clearly a bond between Chan and Tyler.

Making the move for Jackson clearly had an impact. Jackson makes Brad Smith somewhat expendable as well. Chan seems to take care of his past players no matter what, regardless of talent. This is the only reason I can see why Choice and Thigpen are still on the team.

I think we are looking at what is to be the last year of the Chan Gailey era.

Edited by VADC Bills

Not the reason at all as to why they picked up T Jax.

You really think T Jackson is here to motivate Fitz? I think he is here because the other backups have sucked, and they want someone that is at least competent to send out there if Fitz goes down in a game, or for a few games. I hope TJ is competent enough. I certainly think he is better than the other backups.

Do you think Thigpen is worse now than he was last year? FWIW, I thought he looked really poor last preseason, and he was the #2 QB for the 2011 season.

I'm am a little surprised by the cut. I thought Thigpen would be cut first. There is clearly a bond between Chan and Tyler.

Making the move for Jackson clearly had an impact. Jackson makes Brad Smith somewhat expendable as well. Chan seems to take care of his past players no matter what, regardless of talent. This is the only reason I can see why Choice and Thigpen are still on the team.

I think we are looking at what is to be the last year of the Chan Gailey era.

Check out the contracts. There's a big part of your answer as to why VY has been shown the door.