Doctor refuses to treat fat-a$$ patient

You haven't been paying much attention. I never once claimed medicine can fix everything. On the contrary, I'm a big believer of preventative medicine, but that Obamacare does nothing in that area and puts no onus on the patient.

Um, no. Most doctors can't make a successful practice by cherry-picking. So no one is geting "sh** on."

LOL! What makes you think I'm "conflicted?"

If a doctor refused to treat a family member, I'd want to know why. Yesterday for example, I took my FIL to the urologist becaue he had a bladder tumor diagnosed by ultrasound on Friday. He called the doctor's office in the morning and was given an appointment for 1:45 that (yesterday) afternoon. We got into the exam room at 1:50, but had to wait a half hour to see the urologist (a guy I knew but he didn't know I was with them since I never told anyone), during which time the nurse came into the room several times to take vitals, a urine sample, and see that we were okay. So my MIL starts complaining about the wait time. I told her, in a nice way, to be happy he got seen so quickly, that waiting in the exam room was better than waiting in the waiting room, and that the doctor was probably taking his time with other patients, just like anyone would want to happen with them. If I hadn't said anything, she probably would have made a comment, when she had no business doing so.

and your point?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

many of the posters here come off as heartless, souless and devoid of anything remotely approaching empathy. sounds a lot like an accurate description of both romney and ryan to me. but romney will be "reintroducing" himself to america this week. seems, his first introduction wasn't met with as much enthusiasm as expected. wonder why...

I would suggest that many posters are smart enough to realize you can't dictate heart, soul, and empathy.

They personally have these traits and use them daily, but realize that they can't and don't want to force others the make the same choices they make.

Where the fu ck do you come up with this sh it?? God, you're a moron.

just about every repub mouthpiece on the talking head shows this week used the word "reintroducing"...almost as if it were scripted.

I would suggest that many posters are smart enough to realize you can't dictate heart, soul, and empathy.

They personally have these traits and use them daily, but realize that they can't and don't want to force others the make the same choices they make.

and your evidence for this suggestion?...cuz i can cite many posts as evidence to the contrary.

many of the posters here come off as heartless, souless and devoid of anything remotely approaching empathy. sounds a lot like an accurate description of both romney and ryan to me. but romney will be "reintroducing" himself to america this week. seems, his first introduction wasn't met with as much enthusiasm as expected. wonder why...

A lot of non-libs have empathy. But empathy has its limits. If you're unwilling to improve your lot, why should I do it for you?

and your point?

My point was you don't know what you're talking about.

just about every repub mouthpiece on the talking head shows this week used the word "reintroducing"...almost as if it were scripted.

and your evidence for this suggestion?...cuz i can cite many posts as evidence to the contrary.

If you believe people's posts on a political forum of a football board indicate how they carry out and live their lives, you need to log off for a bit.

A lot of non-libs have empathy. But empathy has its limits. If you're unwilling to improve your lot, why should I do it for you?

kinda sounds like the quote from the south carolina tea party pol used on "newsroom' recently: " my mother always told me not to feed strays because they breed".

Those loving caring Liberals

heartless, souless and devoid of anything remotely approaching empathy. sounds a lot like an accurate description of both romney and ryan to me.

http://nation.foxnew...bashing-sob-rnc

Hopes Hurricane Kills 'Every Pro-Life, Xenophobic, Gay-Bashing SOB' At The RNC

kinda sounds like the quote from the south carolina tea party pol used on "newsroom' recently: " my mother always told me not to feed strays because they breed".

Wait, you wouldn't ration food to a stray dog, but you would ration health care to humans? Sounds like those libs who want those at the RNC dead. :rolleyes:

both you and dr schweitzer in a post above, base your arguments on premises for which there is no basis in fact (once again)...and dr quinn? thats the best you can do as an example of a doctor with the qualities that i outlined? you're a real renaissance man, now aren't you?

but back to the argument....i know of no evidence linking mcat scores and gpa's to outcomes. THAT'S how i would quantify "that". i vaguely recall a paper about 15 years ago looking at the correlation between med school grades and mcat scores and the results were equivocal i believe. anecdotally, the top scoring kid in my med school class had the personality of a trout, hands of stone and was uncoordinated to the point that he tripped over himself frequently.. thankfully, he ended up in research.

dr schweiter's argument rests on the premise that medicine can fix everything. sadly, that's far from true.

How are the outcomes measured in your study?

So doctors are free to care for whom they (you) deem "worthy" and sh** on the rest of the people.

BRAVO!!!

If it's already happening how can you blame Obamacare?

You really are a !@#$ing idiot. In fact, idiocy on this level isn't even worthy of explanation.

If the imposition on one's will on another is the root of all evil, where does that put you?

Then maybe you should choose a career where you aren't conflicted.

What would you do or say if a doctor refused to treat your parents, wife or children?

---------------

you are right Tom. How could I ever think a Conservative (person of religion) would EVER want to follow Christ's ways.

About the same way a liberal (gay person) avoids religion.

you forgot compassion.

You know what I find to be compassionate? When you support a man whose ideology you share, that bets against the well being of a country, and as a result of his own greed, bankrupts thousands of middle class families.

I find that to be compassionate.

You know what I find to be compassionate? When you support a man whose ideology you share, that bets against the well being of a country, and as a result of his own greed, bankrupts thousands of middle class families.

I find that to be compassionate.

But he feels our pain. That's the important thing. He shares it with us. Even as he's causing it.

Those loving caring Liberals

heartless, souless and devoid of anything remotely approaching empathy. sounds a lot like an accurate description of both romney and ryan to me.

http://nation.foxnew...bashing-sob-rnc

Hopes Hurricane Kills 'Every Pro-Life, Xenophobic, Gay-Bashing SOB' At The RNC

this might have more impact if barkin was lieutenant governor of a state.and doc, i was referring to "take it to" when i mentioned that medicine can't fix everything. but i can see why you were confused.