Pats* and Brady starting slow

Rubes

I haven't watched the Pats*/ Bucs game, but did watch the Pats*/Eagles. Their line was ok, but not great by any stretch. I saw Nat Solder get beat a couple times. On one play he literally got shoved on his ass. There was also a ton of push up the middle of the Pats line, which I thought was odd, considering that's we're all the veterans are. I think it's going to be a long year for Brady behind that line.

On the Welker thing, that may be what Irsay was tweeting about earlier this week--some big trade going down that was going to require him to open his checkbook. Folks thought it was Mike Wallace (someone worth opening his checkbook for, considering Wallace's age). Looks like Irsay may have taken his "Dan Snyder pills" this week if it's Welker. What a disaster that could be for them--a 31 year old system receiver for a second rounder. We can only hope the Pats* draft the next Chad Jackson with that 2 if they get it.....

I can see it now, it's first and 10, two tight end set, Brady goes back to pass and POW, SUPER MARIO WILLIAMS slams Brady to the ground. Now, second and 17 and the Patriots are in the spread formation with Lloyd out to the left. Brady drops back to pass, noone open, Brady steps up to avoid the rush, and WAIT, MARCEL DARIUS, breaks through on the bull rush and drags Brady to the gound. Wow, he's going to feel that tomorrow.

ok a man can dream! Hehe.

The patriot way or not. Brady needs welker IMO.......trade him to the colts works for me. No more 10 catch games vs buff to worry about from Wes welkahhhhhh

Exactly. Wel-kahh has killed the Bills, I'd be giddy as a schoolgirl if they traded him.

I'm not big on believing rumors but that would be interesting. The Patriots and Bellicheat are notoriously arrogant. They think they can just win with whomever they get. I do think that Brandon Lloyd will be excellent for them, and between Gronk, who is virtually unstoppable, Hernandez, who is really a WR, and Lloyd, they really may not need Welker. But that remains to be seen. Their line and their defense is what is going to determine their fate IMO anyway. And they really dont even draft all that great anymore half the years.

This year, I predict they will have a good draft. Hightower, Jones and the safety do look like players but we'll soon find out. If I were the Pats, no way I would trade Welker for a #2 though, even if you lose him next year.

I guess Welker rubbed them the wrong way this offseason when he ran his mouth about money?

On the Welker thing, that may be what Irsay was tweeting about earlier this week--some big trade going down that was going to require him to open his checkbook. Folks thought it was Mike Wallace (someone worth opening his checkbook for, considering Wallace's age). Looks like Irsay may have taken his "Dan Snyder pills" this week if it's Welker. What a disaster that could be for them--a 31 year old system receiver for a second rounder. We can only hope the Pats* draft the next Chad Jackson with that 2 if they get it.....

I'm not big on rumors either. But given the sum total of Welker being a healthy scratch last night, Irsay's tweet, and the unlikeliness of Welker being with the Pats past this year, it makes sense.

I have to admit, I was surprised at the tone that Welker took in a couple of the interview I saw earlier in the offseason about his contract. He was on NFL Total Access one time, as well, and he was very subtly acting like a douche. I'm almost always on the players side in terms of money, but I dont think they should make it a public thing when they are negotiating and/or unahppy with their deal. Seemed like Welker was thinking he was the smartest guy in the room and could drum up a bit of leverage by making veiled comments through the media. As much as I hate the Pats, Kraft and Belichick aren't stupid.

If they do move him, that can't be something Brady would be happy about....which I think is great :)

The patriot way or not. Brady needs welker IMO.......trade him to the colts works for me. No more 10 catch games vs buff to worry about from Wes welkahhhhhh

The Bills upgrades on the DL this year mean that we should be able to pressure Brady with our front four. That's a HUGE advantage because if we bring a 5th blitzer, as Wanny has done in the past, they means we have a numbers mismatch. That mismatch means either Welker or Gronk isn't going to be able to run free, they'll have to block.

I do love the "Brady prancing in the backfield like a doe in a pasture" image!

The Bills upgrades on the DL this year mean that we should be able to pressure Brady with our front four. That's a HUGE advantage because if we bring a 5th blitzer, as Wanny has done in the past, they means we have a numbers mismatch. That mismatch means either Welker or Gronk isn't going to be able to run free, they'll have to block.

I do love the "Brady prancing in the backfield like a doe in a pasture" image!

Yep, our safeties are going to have a big year potentially....we should be able to cheat them up early and often...put Tommy on his backside!!!

Edited by ajzepp

Hernandez has been their main target in both practices and preseason games, and apparently has been the star of their camp. I'm sure they believe they can win with the two huge excellent TEs along with Lloyd and any of their other veteran WRs as the fourth. IMO, they would be dumb to, as Welker is great. But they do often get rid of guys who are still very productive when they don't want to pay them what the going rate in the league is. If I had to predict, he will still be a Patsie. But it's possible he will be shipped out.

They blatantly cheated and stole him to begin with, it's only fitting they should lose him when he's still good..

Since I ordered "preseason live" on the internet, I decided to check out the 1st half of the TB/NE game. TB had a couple sacks on Tommy Boy, followed by more QB pressures. The TB defense had a nice deflection on a Brady pass intended to Gronk in which rookie S Mark Barron ran back for a TD. I saw on the NFL network, both Tommy Boy & Belichek were pissed at how bad the O-line was and how they performed on offense.