USADA to strip Lance Armstrong of Tour titles, ban him for life

why he garners any sympathy or respect is beyond me.

The guy's charity did raise roughly $500,000,000 to help fight cancer. Cheating aside, that's deserving of respect. Nobody is all good or all bad. People make bad choices but it doesn't mean nothing they've done is worthwhile. I'd say the guy deserves lots of respect for his philanthropic venture.

That being said I have no sympathy for him for his his titles being stripped or the bashing he's getting from all sides. He deserves that too.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the evidence is overwhelming that armstrong is a world class cheater and liar. why he garners any sympathy or respect is beyond me.

Maybe because at worst he did the same thing as everyone else yet he is the only one being vilified for it.

Maybe because at worst he did the same thing as everyone else yet he is the only one being vilified for it.

That is an complete falsehood. The recent revelations have resulted in riders being fired, team managers quitting and/or being fired and sponsors dropping out. Every rider who testified now faces sanctions or bans. The ramifications are far and wide reaching now, WAY beyond Lance.

And he did not "just do what everyone was doing." Lance was the central focal point of the entire doping ring. He wasnt just another rider playing along, not just another good soldier. He was the boss.

Edited by RkFast

The guy's charity did raise roughly $500,000,000 to help fight cancer. Cheating aside, that's deserving of respect. Nobody is all good or all bad. People make bad choices but it doesn't mean nothing they've done is worthwhile. I'd say the guy deserves lots of respect for his philanthropic venture.

That being said I have no sympathy for him for his his titles being stripped or the bashing he's getting from all sides. He deserves that too.

many have proposed that his charity was an intentional inoculation from these ethics issues that just wouldn't go away because they couldn't go away. it's easy to be philanthropic when you're making $15 mil per year in endorsements and the continuation of that income requires perpetuating a lie.

The funniest part is that the only reason that everyone is after him is because the frenchies are butt-hurt that Armstrong whipped their asses 7 straight times.

The entire sport is dirty as !@#$ but lets go after one single guy.

Edited by Ramius

I could care less about the doping, cuz I think you're right that everybody else was doing it too.

But I've been reading stories about what a total d-bag this guy is for at least 10 years now and I'm glad he's getting exactly what he earned.

The funniest part is that the only reason that everyone is after him is because the frenchies are butt-hurt that Armstrong whipped their asses 7 straight times.

The entire sport is dirty as !@#$ but lets go after one single guy.

Ridiculous comment. Former riders came about against HIM. So they went after HIM.

If you tell the cops a neighbor two doors down broke into your house, the cops are supposed to go after the neighbor three and four doors down, too?