Is the rebuilding project over in Buffalo?

HOUSE

Firstly, it's not a black/white thing. Between group 1 and group 2 there is a vast area of grey.

Secondly, teams are constantly trying to improve and maintain their rosters so the process is really never done.

Finally, Nix has said repeatedly that the expectation for this year is the playoffs and anything less would be a disappointment… in other words I'll again state my belief that there's a scenario out there where Buddy fires Chan after this season if Chan can't teach this baby to run.

This is a pretty talented roster and I don't think 8-9 wins is gonna be satisfactory to Buddy… regardless of the exact nature of the season.

There comes a time when the project is basically over, a tweak here and there. You say its not a black or white thing but at some point the GM has to be responsible. We have all our draft picks,no trade in sight and missing the playoffs will not fly in Buffalo.

I am with group two.

While I think the Bills have made leaps and bounds since Nix has been GM, I still would like to see a QB drafted early who will eventually replace Fitz.

I would also like to see a clear #2 WR whether that be via FA or draft.

CBF

Group 2 :thumbdown:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then, I think the job is nearing completion and the expectations should be high… but that the Bills haven't quite crossed the threshold of having been completely rebuilt.

Until I see that WR and LB are no longer concerns, and until I see where VY is clearly on track for a career re-birth, I'll say I'm in group 2.

I'll tell you if we are still in "rebuilding" mode after the season...

I like Vince Young. We will see.

Have you watched him throw? He would be an interception machine if turned loose (see last year, on a much better offense).

Vince Young will never have the brainpower and decision making to lead a team on playoff runs. Too bad, considering his athletic talent.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Well then, I think the job is nearing completion and the expectations should be high… but that the Bills haven't quite crossed the threshold of having been completely rebuilt.

Until I see that WR and LB are no longer concerns, and until I see where VY is clearly on track for a career re-birth, I'll say I'm in group 2.

Group 2 :thumbdown:

Well said, my thoughts mirror these...Except the VY part, I'm not expecting him to ever be the Bills starting QB...

WR and LB are big holes right now, and we are very much unproven at OL and CB. We are much closer, but we still need some more pieces, and we need to know that our young guys are for real.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

As a fan I think the Bills are rebuilding until the point they end a season with a winning record. That would show progression.

The Patriots won't be on top forever. Reigns at the top are cyclical events. Rebuilding is an inevitable component for any team.

It's at that point I want to see the Bills ready to start their own reign of supremacy of the division and I think they are on schedule.

I'll tell you if we are still in "rebuilding" mode after the season...

Have you watched him throw? He would be an interception machine if turned loose (see last year, on a much better offense).

Vince Young will never have the brainpower and decision making to lead a team on playoff runs. Too bad, considering his athletic talent.

Ryan Fitzpatick is not the only quarterback working with David Lee.

As much as I hope the Bills are successful this year, even if they're not I want Nix/Whaley and Gailey to stick around. The hardest thing to do in the NFL imo is to change a team attitude and I believe this combo has done just that. Like a poster previously stated it's not a black and white thing, there are shades of grey. I like our team and I like who's running it.

Ryan Fitzpatick is not the only quarterback working with David Lee.

Working with David Lee doesn't magically turn a brainless QB into Peyton Manning.... The problem has never really been his athleticism, arm power, or even accuracy...It's been that mushy brain controlling that athleticism, it just doesn't get the job done. A QB coach can't fix that...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Good morning guys.....

We have 2 different groups of fans and opinion here....

Group #1 Yes, the rebuilding project is over. Buddy Nix had 3 years, The Bills still have all their 2013 draft picks and haven't made a trade in years..... If the Bills have flaws, fill them NOW.........win or see ya! :flirt:

Group #2 No, The rebuilding project is NOT Over, we still have holes to fill. Another draft or two should fix the team.

I am defiantly in group #1 , make all the excuses you want. Buddy picked his quarterback and paid him well. He made his roster choices and the fans have been patient. Lets see what you got Buddy.

The rebuiding project begins with an experienced and effective GM and Head Coach. In that regard it hasn't even begun.

The Bills need to make the playoffs, period. This is the NFL, 3 years is the norm.

I like Vince Young. We will see.

Vince Young is physically talented, so was Losman with his big arm. But, both have question marks about their ability to do the mental part of the game. And, you will not see Chan allowing an offense to play sandlot football. Fitz Harvard brain is part of the appeal, he knows all the complexity, and can apparently do the quick recall/reads that allow him to pull the strings as the O is designed. Thats why he got the big contract. We can all see his arm is like adequate, not great.

Good morning guys.....

We have 2 different groups of fans and opinion here....

Group #1 Yes, the rebuilding project is over. Buddy Nix had 3 years, The Bills still have all their 2013 draft picks and haven't made a trade in years..... If the Bills have flaws, fill them NOW.........win or see ya! :flirt:

Group #2 No, The rebuilding project is NOT Over, we still have holes to fill. Another draft or two should fix the team.

I am defiantly in group #1 , make all the excuses you want. Buddy picked his quarterback and paid him well. He made his roster choices and the fans have been patient. Lets see what you got Buddy.

No it is closer to being over, but still quite a bit from being over. We still don't have a true franchise quarterback. We don't have any depth so to speak of at Wide Receiver. Glenn still has to prove himself at tackle, we all know what rookie tackles with alot of potential can turn into (Mike Williams). Much closer, but not there yet.

Every team in the NFL has holes. Last years Super Bowl teams included. The Giants didn't have much of a running game last year and I am not sure they have done enough to improve. The Patriots have the same issue. However they both had enough to win.

Every year leading up to the draft names of QBs the Bills should draft are endlessly discussed. Most never amount to much. It is such a crap shoot. QB on the NFL is such a difficult job that there is not thirty two guys good enough and there are very few that can over come being surrounded by a bad or mediocre team and or bad coaching. Brady can compensate for the holes the Pats have because he is just that good as is Payton Manning. We all witnessed the Colts going from good to bad without him.

I think the Bills are rebuilt. Fits has to be the player we saw in the first half of last season to make it successful. If he is bad we are back to rebuilding. So the Fitz haters better hope that they are wrong.

I think the "rebuild" is over, but my definition of rebuild might be different from yours.

I believe the culture has changed, the FO has definitely changed, and the type of players we are bringing in has changed. All for the better.

I believe the FO has built a pretty solid foundation, but in the modern NFL with Free Agency, building is never over. For any team.

We are solid along the Dline and Oline, and are continuing to tweak and improve the roster. We are able to compete with any team on any Sunday. We are no longer the "same ol Bills" that are an easy win for the good teams. So in that way, I say the rebuild is done.

But to think any FO gets a team to a point where they all say "Ok, we're all set. Our job is done", is absolutely ridiculous and out of touch with reality.

Every team in the NFL has holes. Last years Super Bowl teams included. The Giants didn't have much of a running game last year and I am not sure they have done enough to improve. The Patriots have the same issue. However they both had enough to win.

Every year leading up to the draft names of QBs the Bills should draft are endlessly discussed. Most never amount to much. It is such a crap shoot. QB on the NFL is such a difficult job that there is not thirty two guys good enough and there are very few that can over come being surrounded by a bad or mediocre team and or bad coaching. Brady can compensate for the holes the Pats have because he is just that good as is Payton Manning. We all witnessed the Colts going from good to bad without him.

I think the Bills are rebuilt. Fits has to be the player we saw in the first half of last season to make it successful. If he is bad we are back to rebuilding. So the Fitz haters better hope that they are wrong.

Don't get "haters" confused with "doubters". I root for Fitz every sunday and have met him and he seems like a great down to earth guy who after going to camp for years and years is probably the best I have seen with the fans. Do I think he is the long term answer at QB-No I don't, but I don't hate him by any stretch. A big difference at least for some of us.

If Nix thinks there is a QB worth taking he will. Up till now we had bigger holes to fill. Look at the Rams. They draft Bradford and they still suck. The best way to ruin a rookie QB is start him on a terrible team.

PTR

This has been my opinion as well. I think it's much more realistic for what happened to the Rams, than say what happened with the Colts.