Bills waive a pair of DB's

HOUSE

Posted 51 minutes ago

Chris Brown Lead Journalist Email @ChrisBrownBills

The Buffalo Bills made a couple of roster moves prior to their afternoon practice Wednesday. Cornerback Cris Hill and safety Josh Nesbitt were waived-injured by the club.

Hill was an undrafted cornerback out of Virginia Tech that missed most of training camp due to injury. He did manage to suit up for each of Buffalo’s first two preseason games registering a pair of tackles against Minnesota last week.

Nesbitt was a member of the Bills practice squad last season, and was promoted to the active roster last November, but did not appear in a game.

The safety has been battling injury since the spring practices and showed very little in the way of improvement in training camp. He was inactive for the Minnesota preseason game, but had a pair of tackles in the preseason opener against Washington.

The release of the two defensive backs puts Buffalo’s roster total at 86. The Bills must reduce their roster to 75 players by Monday, Aug. 27th by 4 pm.

http://www.buffalobi...2e-9e0e6b8ef28a

Edited by HOUSE

So, 11 more cuts by Monday. Whose future with the Buffalo Bills (at least until the final cuts) is dependant on how they play this Saturday? You would think Thigpen is dangling by a thread (they would have cut him by now if he wasn't), who else?

Not that it matters at this stage of his career, but HILL was once one of the top DB prospects in the nation when he signed at VT. He was an All American and was expected to be a superstar. He really never did much at VT. Obviously things change, but I thought that was interesting. Just goes to show that the transition from the High School game to the College game can even be challenging.

Thigpen stays on just in case....besides you need a body to get beat up at QB in game 4.

Beind a waived/injured release I wonder what the rules are for them being able to go to the PS

Why, after thrashing the Pats in the first 3-1/2 quarters, would we decide to simply allow them to beat up our QB?

That doesn't make sense...

So, 11 more cuts by Monday. Whose future with the Buffalo Bills (at least until the final cuts) is dependant on how they play this Saturday? You would think Thigpen is dangling by a thread (they would have cut him by now if he wasn't), who else?

Thigpen i think will be one of the last cuts. Just insurance in case one of the other 2 go down. Yeeech, I cannot imagine him having to do anything more complicated that sideline warmups, which we all know he can't even stay aware enough to pull that off.

Thigpen stays on just in case....besides you need a body to get beat up at QB in game 4.

:lol:

I knew there'd eventually be a useful role for Thigpen!

Beind a waived/injured release I wonder what the rules are for them being able to go to the PS

Once the 'waived-injured' players clear waivers, the Bills can either part ways with them for good thru an injury-settlement (typical) or place them on IR (rare) - or re-sign them and place them on their practice squad (which is what I'm hoping for with Nesbitt).

I have hopes that we see Prince Miller, Delano Howell, or Isaiah Green occupy the 8th spot

As of now (after the Nesbitt move), based on his play against the Redskins (3 tackles, 2 broken pass-plays) and the Vikings (team-leading 4 tackles + fumble recovery), FS Delano Howell has moved up to #2 on the depth chart :thumbsup:

link

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer: