VY Officially #2 QB?

As I concluded in the doomed thread I started (which I thought was distinct enough but apparently not), hes #2 in the division. Its a given best goes to Brady. For young He has the scrambling ability and capacity to get the ball deep that Fitz doesn't and IMO never will. Basically he puts a required "fear" in the defense whereas fitz just cant.   Its clear when they're on the field who has "it" and who doesn't .

Also take Young over that dead beat Sanchez, mack truck Tebow, and Tannehill, at this point in his career anyway. Maybe the latter develops into something over time, but given our window with this defense I want the guy who most helps me get into post season now.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

It wasn't confirmed by chan...he may have hinted that it will probably be that way...but read the transcript.. he says vy will get the #2 spot for the rest of the off season or at least the majority of it..he hasn't been officially named regular season #2

Because if he plays lights out and Fitz squats out he could be our regular season #1? :unsure:

i missed the practice but I did make the all important free reception in Kelly club with open bar and food :beer:

I am glad to hear that VY got all the work as # 2 though. Buh bye Thiggy. Thanks for letting me know what I missed, but I was glad for what I got in the club lol.

Go Bills!

I forgot that was Involved as I just got back into town this morning. We realized that was included after we pulled out of the parking lot. Was top late so we went to Teds instead.

That is a shame Mr. Rags. enjoyed well over $100 worth of food and beers. Whenever Ralph is footing the bill for these events I love to enjoy and get some of what i give every year back. Food was decent and the beers free. Thanks Ralph.

That is a shame Mr. Rags. enjoyed well over $100 worth of food and beers. Whenever Ralph is footing the bill for these events I love to enjoy and get some of what i give every year back. Food was decent and the beers free. Thanks Ralph.

LOL. I remembered when I saw it originally that it was included but when I got back into town at 4am and only slept til 9am I had to head to my house to get my tix in the mail. Never showed any info on the tix that I saw that it was included. Was just a busy few days. A 16hr day at work on Sunday and a 4hr drive after with only 4-5hrs of sleep. Maybe next year huh. It was a fund day tho. I managed to get my Freddy jersey autographed which I have been trying all offseason at camps but he was never signing when I was there. Now I can retire it and frame it. Time for a new jersey.

For the record. It's not Mr. Rags. It's just Mrags. No MR. involved here. I can see it being confusing tho.

Thigpen is limited athletically while Young is limited mentally. Considering the Bills didn't start Thigpen last year when Fitz was injured, I don't see why keeping Young over him would be a bad move? He can make plays with his legs and sometimes arm, while Thigpen mostly can't.

Were there any guests of high repute?

For the record. It's not Mr. Rags. It's just Mrags. No MR. involved here. I can see it being confusing tho.

Mr is a term of respect. Apparently he doesn't know you too well.

You shoulda told him "It's NOT mister to you, bud."

well they clearly have not made young the official qb2 because if they had they would have released thigpen

sounds to me like they are going to throw everything they can at vince and see if he cracks. if i read that right, chan said they are going to do some gameplanning for the mouth rapers, essentially treating it similar to a regular season game, at least for the offense. sounds like that will serve as a final exam of sorts for young

if he passes the test they likely release thigpen on monday. if he doesnt, they either give him another week or might even release him if he really struggles under a gameplan. if that sounds crazy, remember that they know what they have in thigpen, which may not be great but its a guy who can play within the same system. if they feel young would take too much time/effort to be useable they might just cut bait and move on

should be interesting

Were there any guests of high repute?

Lol. No this year there wasn't. Often they will bring out Buddy or Chan for a 5 minute speech and they would take a few questions.

This reception with food and drink is genuinely worthy of hanging around for when they do it. I asked if Buddy or Chan would be speaking and my ticket rep said no they are heading into meetings and are just too busy right now.

And I look for Vince Young to further seperate himself from Thiggy and Thiggy is in the next wave of cuts.

He said VY will get the #2 spot for the rest of the pre season. Fact is, RIGHT NOW he is the #2 which is more information that we've ever gotten before. Does that mean that'll be the way during the regular season? Of course not. I won't bet on anything right now. Is Thigpen still on the roster? You bet your @$$ he is, but it's not looking good for him. Right now though, VY is the #2 and that was confirmed by Chan. As I said, after watching practice today (not sure who else was there but I was) VY got almost every snap in team drills when Fitz wasn't in there. Thigpen was used extremely minimal at best.

Is anyone else wondering about Fitz? Why rest him during training camp? Why isn't he at practice? I'm wondering if he has some injury they aren't disclosing.

The way I interpret the situation is that Chan is essentially saying the #2 QB position is Young's to lose. He could still lose it, but he has to f*** up at this point.

Where are you seeing Fitz is resting? the transcript from Gailey says VY will be getting the majority of the reps with the 2nd unit...fitz will still be getting ALL the reps with the first unit

Is anyone else wondering about Fitz? Why rest him during training camp? Why isn't he at practice? I'm wondering if he has some injury they aren't disclosing.

The way I interpret the situation is that Chan is essentially saying the #2 QB position is Young's to lose. He could still lose it, but he has to f*** up at this point.

Where are you seeing Fitz is resting? the transcript from Gailey says VY will be getting the majority of the reps with the 2nd unit...fitz will still be getting ALL the reps with the first unit

I was wondering this myself. Had to go back to my post to see how I worded it. Could have been confusing I guess. Sorry if the impression you got from me was that Fitz was resting. He's not. He's in on all the 1st team reps. Young will be getting all the 2nd team reps going forward. As others pointed out, it's essentially his job to lose as long as he doesn't mess it up at this point. Fwiw, he has looked really good IMO.

I am very excited about VY, the kid was dynamite in college, i know that doesn't always translate well into the NFL, but he has amazing athletic skills, hopefully we won't need to rely on him, but I am looking forward to good things from him!

I was wondering this myself. Had to go back to my post to see how I worded it. Could have been confusing I guess. Sorry if the impression you got from me was that Fitz was resting. He's not. He's in on all the 1st team reps. Young will be getting all the 2nd team reps going forward. As others pointed out, it's essentially his job to lose as long as he doesn't mess it up at this point. Fwiw, he has looked really good IMO.

I am very excited about VY, the kid was dynamite in college, i know that doesn't always translate well into the NFL, but he has amazing athletic skills, hopefully we won't need to rely on him, but I am looking forward to good things from him!

yup. You hit it on the head there. VY is GOOD!!! He's a star in the league and IF he can get his head on straight, he will be a starter again. If it's here or some other team I have no doubts about it. Do I want Fitz to be amazing and remind of the better years with JK? You bet your @$$ I do. But I do feel if he (like many here claim to already know) fails, then VY will be there to not only step in, but to take us where we want to go. He's got all the talent in the world and his record and stats prove he is worthy.

If that were the case it would Mr. Mrags.

Edited by Drewgetz

Bills fans have reason to be excited!

Cam Newton 6' 5", 225 lbs, cannon arm, 4.5 speed/skill of a RB

Vince Young 6' 5", 230 lbs, cannon arm, 4.5 speed/skill of a RB

Gailey has been given what in my opinion is as close to a duplicate of Cam Newton as you could ever find in the NFL.(at a fraction of the price)

Note: The intense conversation Gailey appeared to be having with Young after his performance against the Vikings gave me the impression Bills HC Chan Gailey has now taken VY under his wing.

Edited by Fig Newton