VY Officially #2 QB?

During today's 6:00 O'clock news broadcast in Buffalo Ed Kilgore reported on the release of Shawn Merriman.

At the end of the story he said that Vince Young has officially become the Buffalo Bills number 2 QB.

He did not elaborate any further. No mention of Thigpen. Simply said that VY was #2 QB.

Has anyone else heard anything more?

I've already made the decision for Chan that he's our number 2 and we'll cut Thigpen and should cut Smith as well.

They won't cut Smith because he is Mr. Wildcat. Thigpen may as well pack his bags.

IMO - VY should run wildcat. Cut Smith and Make Pigpen number 3. Cutting Smith would save the team more $$.

For those that think Kilgore was blowing it out of proportion, it's no lie. It's been confirmed by Chan, Buddy and Murphy. Was in the John Murphy show today. He even interviewed Vince about it after.

FWIW I was at practice today and not only did Vince get almost all the snaps behind Fitz (very few for Piggy) he looked really good today.

Also to make note of, Brad Smith didn't take a single snap at QB and was practicing all day with the WRs. Had a few catches that I remember.

It wasn't confirmed by chan...he may have hinted that it will probably be that way...but read the transcript.. he says vy will get the #2 spot for the rest of the off season or at least the majority of it..he hasn't been officially named regular season #2

For those that think Kilgore was blowing it out of proportion, it's no lie. It's been confirmed by Chan, Buddy and Murphy. Was in the John Murphy show today. He even interviewed Vince about it after.

FWIW I was at practice today and not only did Vince get almost all the snaps behind Fitz (very few for Piggy) he looked really good today.

Also to make note of, Brad Smith didn't take a single snap at QB and was practicing all day with the WRs. Had a few catches that I remember.

I really liked the VY signing and think he will one day be the Bills starting QB

I know the issues but he is still only 28, has a strong arm, can run very well and has been a starter with a winning record

I'm not calling for this or saying when just that he will be the Bills starter at some point

he says vy will get the #2 spot for the rest of the off season or at least the majority of it..he hasn't been officially named regular season #2

He said VY will get the #2 spot for the rest of the pre season. Fact is, RIGHT NOW he is the #2 which is more information that we've ever gotten before. Does that mean that'll be the way during the regular season? Of course not. I won't bet on anything right now. Is Thigpen still on the roster? You bet your @$$ he is, but it's not looking good for him. Right now though, VY is the #2 and that was confirmed by Chan. As I said, after watching practice today (not sure who else was there but I was) VY got almost every snap in team drills when Fitz wasn't in there. Thigpen was used extremely minimal at best.

And just to make sure nobody put me into the VY is better than Fitz comments. I never said anything about that. I do feel good about going into the season of he continues to hold the backup spot though.

As I said, after watching practice today (not sure who else was there but I was) VY got almost every snap in team drills when Fitz wasn't in there. Thigpen was used extremely minimal at best..

i missed the practice but I did make the all important free reception in Kelly club with open bar and food :beer:

I am glad to hear that VY got all the work as # 2 though. Buh bye Thiggy. Thanks for letting me know what I missed, but I was glad for what I got in the club lol.

Go Bills!

Edited by beerme1

i missed the practice but I did make the all important free reception in Kelly club with open bar and food :beer:

I am glad to hear that VY got all the work as # 2 though. Buh bye Thiggy. Thanks for letting me know what I missed, but I was glad for what I got in the club lol.

Go Bills!

I forgot that was Involved as I just got back into town this morning. We realized that was included after we pulled out of the parking lot. Was top late so we went to Teds instead.

So basically Tim Tebow minus the intelligence, stability and tenacity. Awesome.

Yes, but with a much better arm, some actual quick-twitch muscle fibers, and a much better public speaker (in spite of his allegedly low IQ).

Go figure.

BTW, watched Tebow vs the Giants this morning.

He would be very effective running the statue of liberty play. His delivery is perfectly suited to that play.

Seriously, I wonder if a person can get so muscle bound that they lose the ability to make quick explosive movements.

Tebow's throwing and running are so deliberate and ponderous, it's painful to watch… and I've never seen a QB so muscle bound.

Then when you factor in the embarrassment of watching body builder types attempt to throw a football and you can well imagine that too much bulk is not good for one's throwing mechanics. You lose the ability to be a human slingshot. Same deal with pitchers.