An article thanking Shawne Merriman for turning B-Lo around

Wow...well maybe instead of cutting him, Whaley and Nix should give him a job and have him send an endless stream of tweets to Calvin Johnson, Drew Brees, Adrian Petersen, and Darelle Revis. Director of Twitter Operations?

merriman was a waste a cap space........and general space for that matter........good to see the bills cutting a useless backup, they need to trim so more but got the right idea here.....big black mark for nix but good on him for admitting it, finally

Check this out, I wrote an article about Shawne Merriman and the passion he brought to our city again.

You have to miss it feels good to smile about your team again.

http://nomorelinks....ound/#&panel1-1

he did add some pizazz to the team.

Like hey i have a ferrari in the garage, doesnt run well but with a little work....

all the ferrari guys want to take a look.

Aint nothing wrong with that

merriman was a waste a cap space........and general space for that matter........good to see the bills cutting a useless backup, they need to trim so more but got the right idea here.....big black mark for nix but good on him for admitting it, finally

And yet Chris Kelsay remains go figure

I think you might give him too much credit in the article but he was an active Bills booster and I'm thankful for that.

It wasn't his fault he was injured for so long, nor was it his fault that he couldn't successfully transition to a 3-4 DE at this point in his career. Nix will roll the dice sometimes and this time it didn't work out. I wish Shawne luck where ever he goes. He was a classy Bill if never a very productive one on the field.

Incidentally, here's what Nix had to say about Merriman:

"He can play. He did everything. He's been healthy since OTAs. He hasn't missed anything. He's very attentive in meetings. He's worked hard in practice, and he's played really good in spots in the games. He's a hard worker and he's done everything he could do. We think we've been patient, but there comes a point where we felt like we needed to move on and look down the road so these young guys will get a shot."

Edited by hondo in seattle

I think you might give him too much credit in the article but he was an active Bills booster and I'm thankful for that.

It wasn't his fault he was injured for so long, nor was it his fault that he couldn't successfully transition to a 3-4 DE at this point in his career. Nix will roll the dice sometimes and this time it didn't work out. I wish Shawne luck where ever he goes. He was a classy Bill if never a very productive one on the field.

Incidentally, here's what Nix had to say about Merriman:

"He can play. He did everything. He's been healthy since OTAs. He hasn't missed anything. He's very attentive in meetings. He's worked hard in practice, and he's played really good in spots in the games. He's a hard worker and he's done everything he could do. We think we've been patient, but there comes a point where we felt like we needed to move on and look down the road so these young guys will get a shot."

We didn't try and make a 34 end. I thought we tried making him a 43 end. He was an OLB in the 34?

Yeah that waste of cap space really prevented the team from going out to sign the richest defensive contract in NFL history as well as getting him a high-priced defensive sidekick.

I really don't see it as a black mark for Nix either. It was a high-risk, high-reward type of thing. A black mark for Nix is Troup and Carrington, but not Merriman IMO.

Edited by stony

Wow...well maybe instead of cutting him, Whaley and Nix should give him a job and have him send an endless stream of tweets to Calvin Johnson, Drew Brees, Adrian Petersen, and Darelle Revis. Director of Twitter Operations?

Disagree. Merriman helped other Veteran players to sign with Buffalo like Barnett. He gave credibility to the franchise with his presence and honest attempt to come back. Unfortunately, he couldn't make the transition. Good luck to him.

Disagree. Merriman helped other Veteran players to sign with Buffalo like Barnett. He gave credibility to the franchise with his presence and honest attempt to come back. Unfortunately, he couldn't make the transition. Good luck to him.

What are you disagreeing with? That he shouldn't be Director of Twitter Operations?