Akin

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gee, ya think? It's usually followed by "You just didn't understand me," which is usually followed by "Why don't you define what you think I said so I can show you that it's not what I said when I didn't say what I said that you think I said because it's illogical to suggest not suggesting I said what I didn't say when I said it the first time."

It's all he can do. It's his schtick.

Never mind his thoughtful admission that he did in fact misinterpret me. Never let reality get in the way of you looking like an empty headed blowhard.

Edited by The Big Cat

It had to do with the name of the bill and how many Congressmen supported it. Other than that, how many wins this year, not counting Romney?

Pretend I'm retarded (shouldn't be hard)...I still don't get your point. Also..."how many wins this year"...don't get that either. (not trying to be snarky here btw)

Pretend I'm retarded (shouldn't be hard)...I still don't get your point. Also..."how many wins this year"...don't get that either. (not trying to be snarky here btw)

Wow, we are on a Bills (secondary) board here and you have to ask that question? I was just trying to lighten things up and give you a way to save face. You know, the compassionate conservative that I am.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Wow, we are on a Bills (secondary) board here and you have to ask that question? I was just trying to lighten things up and give you a way to save face.

LOL save face? Obviously I never save face. As such I still don't understand what you are talking about. The name of the bill or cosponsors matter? Am I running around pasting the endless list of sponsors for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or do I cut to the chase in topics on Obamacare?

I still don't know what your point is here. People in congress who feel strongly about abortion should own it. The ones who do and rise to front of the stage should continue to. This isn't unreasonable and I could care less honestly that they do I know all kinds of people (living near the bible belt) that feel this way. If there's one issue I strongly disagree with it's this one. But don't run from it if it's something you want to be law b/c people start talking about it.

Edited by TheNewBills

LOL save face? Obviously I never save face. As such I still don't understand what you are talking about. The name of the bill or cosponsors matter? Am I running around pasting the endless list of sponsors for the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act or do I cut to the chase in topics on Obamacare?

I still don't know what your point is here. People in congress who feel strongly about abortion should own it. The ones who do and rise to front of the stage should continue to. This isn't unreasonable and I could care less honestly that they do I know all kinds of people (living near the bible belt) that feel this way. If there's one issue I strongly disagree with it's this one. But don't run from it if it's something you want to be law b/c people start talking about it.

My personal views on this subject are tortured. I have come to a place in my life that I am personally against abortion, but feel that it is not my place to judge others, and feel that abortion is up to the individual (obviously within reason). This is not an issue that means schit right now. Our economy is what matters and we have a president that would like to talk about anything other than that. After 5 years of knowing this guy is that he's not really an American at heart and has an ulterior motive. Sorry. Barry sucks.

My personal views on this subject are tortured. I have come to a place in my life that I am personally against abortion, but feel that it is not my place to judge others, and feel that abortion is up to the individual (obviously within reason). This is not an issue that means schit right now. Our economy is what matters and we have a president that would like to talk about anything other than that. After 5 years of knowing this guy is that he's not really an American at heart and has an ulterior motive. Sorry. Barry sucks.

lol ok

"legitimate rape," pregnancy is rare because "the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down."

Go ahead

defend it

:lol:

the problem is that a substantial part of the right wing contingency believes this kinda stuff or something similar. some are just brazen enough to say it out loud. reinventing science is pretty common on the far right. ever heard of creationism?

Edited by birdog1960

the problem is that a substantial part of the right wing contingency believes this kinda stuff or something similar. some are just brazen enough to say it out loud. reinventing science is pretty common on the far right. ever heard of creationism?

Do you honestly believe this nonsense? bull **** of this magnitude requires data points.

Do you honestly believe this nonsense? bull **** of this magnitude requires data points.

data points? how bout cal thomas and jerry falwell? how bout the biblical mandate to defend israel?do you really think this idea just creeped into akin's mind and out his mouth spontaneously?

data points? how bout cal thomas and jerry falwell? how bout the biblical mandate to defend israel?do you really think this idea just creeped into akin's mind and out his mouth spontaneously?

Cal thomas and Jerry Falwell ? ?

Hey.....its 2012, not 1997.....................lol

only the left thinks that those characters hold any influence, because it fits their little anti-conservative screed.

data points? how bout cal thomas and jerry falwell? how bout the biblical mandate to defend israel?

Two data points. Oh, okay. :wacko:

do you really think this idea just creeped into akin's mind and out his mouth spontaneously?

Of course not, he clearly got it from the biblical mandate to defend Israel.

Yes, !@#$ing data points. Your well-poisoning fiat declarations about invented positions that "substantial" portions of your political opposition holds aren't going to be enough to take you seriously. You're going to have to: a) define "substantial" within the context of your statement, and b) show data backing up your claim. Otherwise I'll have to assume your post to be an empty headed attempt to marginalize opposing viewpoints by simply shouting louder. Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Yes, !@#$ing data points. Your well-poisoning fiat declarations about invented positions that "substantial" portions of your political opposition holds aren't going to be enough to take you seriously. You're going to have to: a) define substantial in the context of your statement, and b) show data backing up your claim. Otherwise I'll have to assume your post to be an empty headed attempt to marginalize opposing viewpoints by simply shouting louder.

I'm going to save you some time and wondering:

It's the latter.

How many viewers does the 700 club have?Readers for Thomas' syndicated column. Wasn't Hannity quick to point his "strong" (read conservative) christian beliefs out in his criticism of Akin? Liberty University has actually become a pretty influential "think tank" in my corner of the world (largest university in Virginia, 7th largest 4 year uni in the nation). I believe they have a pretty strong internet presence and curriculum. and to deny Ralph Reed holds influence in the Republican party is to willfully disregard the facts.

Edited by birdog1960

I'm going to save you some time and wondering:

It's the latter.

To be completely honest I'm sitting here completely awed by the fact that he's maligning what he claims to be a "substantial" portion of the population for blindly believing without deference to mathematic or scientific evidence, and then he's backing those same claims with blind belief without deference to mathematic or scientific evidence.

To be completely honest I'm sitting here completely awed by the fact that he's maligning what he claims to be a "substantial" portion of the population for blindly believing without deference to mathematic or scientific evidence, and then he's backing those same claims with blind belief without deference to mathematic or scientific evidence.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste!!