Akin

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have any links? How many co-sponsers were there?

Mr. BROUN of Georgia (for himself, Mr. AKIN, Mr. ALEXANDER, Mr. BARTLETT, Mr. BISHOP of Utah, Mr. CARTER, Mr. CHAFFETZ, Mr. COLE,

Mr. CONAWAY, Mr. FLEMING, Mr. FORBES, Ms. FOXX, Mr. FRANKS of Arizona, Mr. GARRETT, Mr. GINGREY of Georgia, Mr. GOHMERT,

Mr. JONES, Mr. KING of Iowa, Mr. KINGSTON, Mr. KLINE, Mr. LAMBORN, Mr. LATTA, Mr. MANZULLO, Mr. MARCHANT, Mr. MCHENRY,

Mr. MCKINLEY, Mr. MILLER of Florida, Mrs. MYRICK, Mr. NEUGEBAUER, Mr. OLSON, Mr. ROE of Tennessee, Mr. ROGERS of Kentucky,

Mr. ROGERS of Alabama, Mr. ROONEY, Mr. SCALISE, Mr. SCHOCK, Mr. TERRY, Mr. THOMPSON of Pennsylvania, Mr. WESTMORELAND,

Mr. SAM JOHNSON of Texas, Mr. HERGER, Mr. BURTON of Indiana, Mr. RYAN of Wisconsin, Mr. GARY G. MILLER of California, Mr. ADERHOLT,

Mr. BACHUS, Mr. CRAWFORD, Mr. LONG, Mr. PEARCE, Mrs. BLACK, Mr. GIBBS, Mr. HUELSKAMP, Mr. LUETKEMEYER, Mr. ROKITA, and Mr. WITTMAN)

What is that, fifty? But now...it's the "Akin-Ryan" bill.

http://www.gpo.gov/f...-112hr212ih.pdf

And it's been in committee for a year and a half.

Edited by DC Tom

What this issue shines a light on is the beliefs and actions of Paul Ryan, and the Ryan-Akin co-sponsored bill that affirms that from the moment of fertilization onward, “every human being shall have all the legal and constitutional attributes and privileges of personhood.” It then says that Congress and the states have the “authority” to protect all human beings — again, defined as human life from fertilization onward — residing in their juristictions.

What that means is that Ryan wants to ban abortion even due to rape or incest, and would in effect ban in vitro fertilization since that procedure usually requires the destruction of embryos, which is as extreme anti-choice as one can get. In addition, Akin and Ryan had both co-sponsored another measure, that would distinguish “forcible rape” in banning abortion funding.

These are the type of extremists that Romney had to become "severely conservative" for to win the nomination, and would be the people he would be indebted to if he became president. He won the primary battle, but these are the "death by 1000 cuts" that are going to lose him the election among independents and moderates.

No one takes you seriously

BTW, I find your comment insulting to cavemen.

:lol:

Not only that, but Romney/Ryan have control of the discussion right now. Obama is sucking hind tit, DWS is in lockdown, Axelrod can barely complete a full sentence without contradicting Cutter, Newsweek and Politico have released the hounds and Biden is limited to buying Girl Scout cookies and making up knock-knock jokes. If Obama can spend the week talking about Romney/Ryan's positions on abortion, he'd soil himself.

Cut Akin. End the discussion. Move on to keep control of the dialogue.

Agreed.

Momentum is on their side, and they have defied conventional wisdom and have been winning the Medicare debate. I just got done reading an article from mark Caputo, arguably south floridas most respected journalist and he wrote a piece today acknowledging how Romney and Ryan are controlling the debate on this issue.

Oh! This is too wonderful to be true!!!

Akin/Ryan the co sponsors of anti-choice bill!!

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/the_rumble/2012/08/todd-akin-paul-ryan-and-the-very-real-war-on-women

Paul Ryan :worthy: What a great choice!

I couldn't find a single portion of your post that didn't wildly mischaracterize your topic.

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/the_rumble/2012/08/todd-akin-paul-ryan-and-the-very-real-war-on-women

Have you read any of the other posts in this thread? If so, you are a fool for posting this, and if not, you are still a fool for not having read what you are commenting on.

Oh, was I mistaken that Ryan worked closely with this creep, this political leper on a very anti-choice piece of legislation?

This tars Paul Ryan, that's why the whole Republican establishment is freaking out over this. Paul Ryan is a disease, he will kill Republicans on Medicare and now the female vote. Wonderful job, the guy just might be an even bigger political liability than Sara Palin, that's something!

Oh, was I mistaken that Ryan worked closely with this creep, this political leper on a very anti-choice abortion piece of legislation?

This tars Paul Ryan, that's why the whole Republican establishment is freaking out over this. Paul Ryan is a disease, he will kill Republicans on Medicare and now the female vote. Wonderful job, the guy just might be an even bigger political liability than Sara Palin, that's something!

Fixed.

Because, let's be honest. You guys don't give a **** about allowing individuals to make their own choices.

Fixed.

Because, let's be honest. You guys don't give a **** about allowing individuals to make their own choices.

It's not even that, Rob. The worst part is that while agreeing that life is sacred, he seeks to muddy the waters and refuse a debate over how that life should be defined. It's an interesting situation, because it's not a question science can answer, yet our legal system requires one.

Do you know how many other Congressmen co-sponsored this bill?

That's not really a defense though...just saying. If any good comes of this it's that certain GOP factions realize their views are unpopular. But I still feel they should stick by them.

In any event...this guy says he's still running. If he believes what he says, he should. So be it, I disagree and find it retarded...but I say politicians step up and just say what they think and if they are not elected then they shouldn't be b/c their views are not shared by most people. I have a few old friends who are very catholic and very VERY pro-life...I couldn't agree less...but they don't hide it. That said even they have never suggested some of the things this guy did but in any event the points stands...if you are pro-life and active in politics to make your view on this subject law then own it.

Edited by TheNewBills

That's not really a defense though...just saying. If any good comes of this it's that certain GOP factions realize their views are unpopular. But I still feel they should stick by them.

In any event...this guy says he's still running. If he believes what he says, he should. So be it, I disagree and find it retarded...but I say politicians step up and just say what they think and if they are not elected then they shouldn't be b/c their views are not shared by most people. I have a few old friends who are very catholic and very VERY pro-life...I couldn't agree less...but they don't hide it. That said even they have never suggested some of the things this guy did but in any event the points stands...if you are pro-life and active in politics to make your view on this subject law then own it.

Of course, therein lies the difference between the healthy debate inherent in "I believe life begins at conception and should be protected," which agree or disagree is at least something that can be discussed intelligently, and "women can't get pregnant in the course of a REAL rape", which just establishes one as a complete shitmonger not worth considering.

Of course, therein lies the difference between the healthy debate inherent in "I believe life begins at conception and should be protected," which agree or disagree is at least something that can be discussed intelligently, and "women can't get pregnant in the course of a REAL rape", which just establishes one as a complete shitmonger not worth considering.

Some scientists somewhere said they are afraid and can't conceive when "horrified hormones" are coursing through their woman parts though. This is important to debunk the argument of the real world implications of making a rape victim carry and have a baby she gets through rape. Obviously btw...CO2 emissions effect on the ozone is not settled so we need not rush to conclusions.

Edited by TheNewBills

If I remember correctly, someone else in this thread described the bill sponsered by 50 congressmen as a bill defined as defining "life". To make it the Akin-Ryan bill to ...............is bs and disingenuous. What is the name of the bill?

HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

This is pure gold. Obama 54% to Romney 39% among women. Ouch :(

If I remember correctly, someone else in this thread described the bill sponsered by 50 congressmen as a bill defined as defining "life". To make it the Akin-Ryan bill to ...............is bs and disingenuous. What is the name of the bill?

Somehow I doubt the GOP party wants it defined as "the entire GOP bill." You sound like MSNBC hehe

First: what he said was so patently ignorant/stupid/offensive this SHOULD dominate the news cycle, ESPECIALLY by 2012 standards (fwiw)

Second: GOP cheerleaders shouldn't be looking for ways to defuse this by scolding the offended. This was a serious mistake that ought not be dismissed/excused by Repubs. Instead, the GOP should have this ass hat's head on a spike for flubbing so bad as to take the attention off the economy and onto the antiquated social issue abortion--in that arena Repubs will get SLAYED.