Bills Release Merriman!

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Strange he looked good vs min..... Injured again?

I dont know if we watched the same game, but Merriman didnt even get snaps with the first or second team. That alone should tell you something right there. Also when he did get in he was stood up at the line by 3rd and 4th team players, He lost it and will never get it back. Buffalo did him a favor by getting rid of him. He will never fit in to Wannys new system!

Or the Pats. HGH like soda pop there.

PTR

I agree. Someone in the east is looking at him allready. My bet is the Jets. Week 1 matchup, tell me everything you know about this offense and defense! Thats worth the price to Rexy!

Wow... WTF? There's obviously more going on behind the scenes none of us can know about, but I thought for sure, with all the time and effort we put into this reclamation project, we'd at least have him on the field this year to see how he really was. And all indications were good? There's definitely more to this story and I'm sure we'll hear about it soon.

Maybe!

I see this differently, the Bills treat players very well and try to give them every opportunity to succeed. He doesn't fit their scheme so they're giving him an opportunity to try somewhere else, much like Jasper.

Full story

http://www.buffalobi...ee-659b2f4e96c4

I agree 100%!

First Jasper, now Merriman. I'm so done with this team.

PTR

I was going to wait for Brooks to get released before I sell my tickets!

This is allready on 16 pages! I received the text at like 9. I guess this is confusing. I admit I was taken back from this. But at the same time it shows that our coaching staff actually for one time since Marv (maybe Wade Phillips). That know excatly what they have in our players, and what they are capable of. And Merriman was obviously Overpaid and Underachieved than others on the squad! Id rather see Spencer Johnson on the end than Merriman any day. This is actually good news that after 2 years of hopes of "lights out" past, all that hope we dont even need anymore cause we are upgraded with a few drafts that this coaching staff has put together. Good Luck Merriman! Too bad he riddled his body with Roids! He was naturally a special talent, unfortunately he didnt understand this!

Edited by benbillsfan

Not totally surprised - I thought they'd cut at least two from (Kelsay, Merriman, Edwards, Johnson) but in truth I'd thought I'd be Kelsay and Edwards at the beginning of camp and a little later I thought Edwards and Johnson - This is what comes from taking coach speak at face value- I should known have better because there are always players where the coach love doesn't seem to be in sync with the player performance- Currently I'd include Kelsay, Kelvin Sheppard, Aaron Williams and Brad Smith in this group with a shout out to Lindell and Lee Smith.

Kelsey ok matter of fact i like him better coming off the bench.

Shep not impressing me so far, matter of fact I am concerned the LB's will be our weak link, hope they prove me wrong.

Lindell has already cost us one game already. Better not happen in the regular season.

L Smith was cut by the Pats. So we got him as a backup the Chandler so we can keep him.

I bet Williams will get better with more Reps. They saving B.Smith for the season and I bet will play well Vs. the Jets in the opener.

According to Glazer, "Bills feel he's much better suited for a team that uses a 3-4 than a 4-3. Just texted w Merriman who confirmed they have released him."

I can totally understand that reasoning for cutting him.

That was my guess as well. He isn't a DE or OLB in a 4-3 so was it worth keeping him for the 10-12 plays he would actually play over a young guy that could step in and play every down if needed

I thought anything they would get from him this season was a bonus but that he would be on the team if he was close to healthy just bc of the threat of him rushing the passer opposite Mario. There are a lot of delusional ppl on here who thought he should start at DE or OLB since he was supposedly healthy which was just ridiculous

And we all know he is going to end up with the Pats now

Per Jay Glazer

Jay Glazer@JayGlazer

Bills have informed Shawne Merriman that they are releasing him today.

Full story:

http://www.buffalobi...ee-659b2f4e96c4

Interesting. I wonder if they quietly renegotiated at some point when they kept him on the roster after he was injured.

I think this is a courtesy to Merriman, to release him early enough that another team may pick him up.

The salary per snap taken ratio for Merriman must be outrageous.

You haven't hooked anyone but eball.

I actually resent that. WEO didn't hook anyone; I was simply being honest. I didn't expect Merriman to be cut, nor did 95% of the folks frequenting this board. What I take issue with is WEO's pompous attitude and his disdain for anyone who looks for the positive in arguably debatable decisions.

I actually resent that. WEO didn't hook anyone; I was simply being honest. I didn't expect Merriman to be cut, nor did 95% of the folks frequenting this board. What I take issue with is WEO's pompous attitude and his disdain for anyone who looks for the positive in arguably debatable decisions.

Sorry eball but you responded to a question he posed in which I accused him of just trolling and he admitted that was the point. I'm glad you were being honest and that's admirable and all, but he wasn't interested in any kind of serious discourse regarding his preposterous hypothetical. I might as well start a thread saying that RW plans on firing both Nix and Gailey tomorrow just to see what kind of responses I get. What's the point of that other than to tweek people into a response? That's just trolling and it serves no purpose.

GO BILLS!!!

He was Red n' Blue through n' through during his time with us, being central to bringing about a culture change, and recruiting impact players to join him in the great white north, which had been a "no fly zone" for NFL talent for years; and he did it all with class.

I thank him for his time here, and wish him and his family the very best in departure. I hope he remembers us fondly.

Awesome move FO!

Shawne "man down" Merriman has been milking it for years, and i'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way.

I used to get flamed every time I suggested cutting him loose, :D

TAKE THAT armchair GM's.

But seriously, a move like this puts all the half-a$$ed defensive players on notice. IMO, it was a VERY well-timed firing. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Maybe that skank Tila Tequila has a "position" open for an overrated, steroid-using, has-been.

Edited by #34fan

I agree. Someone in the east is looking at him allready. My bet is the Jets. Week 1 matchup, tell me everything you know about this offense and defense! Thats worth the price to Rexy!

Hmm... it would make sense. However, Rexy doesn't need another gimpy, lackluster, player on his D-line. I don't know why, but I have a sneaking suspicion about the Ravens. I wouldn't be shocked if that was where Merriman wound up.

Awesome move FO!

Shawne "man down" Merriman has been milking it for years, and i'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way.

TAKE THAT armchair GM's.

But seriously, a move like this puts all the half-a$$ed defensive players on notice. IMO, it was a VERY well-timed firing. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Maybe that skank Tila Tequila has a "position" open for an overrated, steroid-using, has-been.

Posts like this make me ashamed to contribute here.

Awesome move FO!

TAKE THAT armchair GM's.

At the very least, you spelled everything correctly.

:unsure:

In that case, you may want to avoid the "Thigpen Cut" thread when it's eventually posted. -I'm not a fan of Tyler's either.

It's a shame that you weren't endowed with even a modicum of the class the men you are tearing into have. This team, it's reputation, and the entirety of Western New York are better served by your absence. Show some respect. Your parents should have taught you better manners. If they tried, you should have listened.

He was Red n' Blue through n' through during his time with us, being central to bringing about a culture change, and recruiting impact players to join him in the great white north, which had been a "no fly zone" for NFL talent for years; and he did it all with class.

I thank him for his time here, and wish him and his family the very best in departure. I hope he remembers us fondly.

Here here!

At the very least, you spelled everything correctly.

And that is about the best thing you could say about his post.

Awesome move FO!

That entire post is a giant pile of stank-ass garbage.

Nobody here wants to read your pig-ignorant personal crap about a former Buffalo Bill who you've never so much as even met.

Why don't you take your mindless trash to another forum where it will be tolerated.....