Where is Kelvin Sheppard?

BillsLux

I'm interested in others opinions.

All offseason, I've heard praise about Sheppard from the coaches and fellow teammates, but I haven't seen a thing. Not only this year, but also the last half of last year. I can't think of an impact play.

I understand he has limited experience, which might explain mis-reads, penalities, and things like that, but it seems to me that he doesn't have the athleticism to play out there. He seems slow, without the ability to peel off a blocker. Any play that penetrates past the front line (draw, short pass) goes for 15 yards into the secondary.

I wasn't a believer in Poz because all his tackles were 5 yards down field, but at least he was there.

It's a shame because our line is really good.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That`s what I`ve preached,since day one of his starts. Like I said before..time will tell,and it`s starting. This is why he `s getting alot of reps to improve on. Mc killop looks much better against the run. In the backfield,a couple of times. Like I said before,he doesn`t come up to lay the smack in a hole. Too slow and although some think he`s jacked,not me ,little shoulders,upperbody. We need a real MLB. Bryan Scott also IS too slow.

All offseason, I've heard praise about Sheppard from the coaches and fellow teammates, but I haven't seen a thing.

You've summed up the problem by asking the question right there.

By the way, he's not playing any differently than he was last season.

People overlook reality in favor of what they want to see.

Edited by TaskersGhost

Where was Sheppard? On his back or where he shouldn't have been.

Two things I got from last night...

1) The entire linebacking corps sucks... that's why the Bils got gashed so much in the first half.

2) Outside of the DL and one corner and one safety, the rest of them suck. It is no coincidence that in two games, two very young QBs have taken this defense apart within the first 3 possessions. And to have eight play drives in the first quarter in the first two games, both resulting in TDs against your first team, indicates a trend. This defense is not going to crack the top 10. They ain't as good as I thought they were going to be.

All offseason, I've heard praise about Sheppard from the coaches and fellow teammates, but I haven't seen a thing. Not only this year, but also the last half of last year. I can't think of an impact play.

I understand he has limited experience, which might explain mis-reads, penalities, and things like that, but it seems to me that he doesn't have the athleticism to play out there. He seems slow, without the ability to peel off a blocker. Any play that penetrates past the front line (draw, short pass) goes for 15 yards into the secondary.

I wasn't a believer in Poz because all his tackles were 5 yards down field, but at least he was there.

It's a shame because our line is really good.

Wandstadt will be asking that question when he reviews the game film.

He was running around in circles last night. There was a play where he got absolutely smoked by either their tight end or a fullback, I can't remember which and I don't even want to watch it again because it was so ugly.

Where was Sheppard? On his back or where he shouldn't have been.

Two things I got from last night...

1) The entire linebacking corps sucks... that's why the Bils got gashed so much in the first half.

2) Outside of the DL and one corner and one safety, the rest of them suck. It is no coincidence that in two games, two very young QBs have taken this defense apart within the first 3 possessions. And to have eight play drives in the first quarter in the first two games, both resulting in TDs against your first team, indicates a trend. This defense is not going to crack the top 10. They ain't as good as I thought they were going to be.

I wouldn't go as far as to say they all suck, but they certainly stunk up the joint last night. Moats seemed to be pretty decent overall, but the usually reliable Barnett was smoked in pass coverage over and over again. Most notably on the TD, and also the big gainer by Harvin during the 1st drive.

And yes, Shepp looked completely lost out there.

Sheppard sucked.

Morrison is playing at least as well as Moats. If they want a veteran guy at MLB maybe they should go to Kirk which would enable Moats to take over at the strong side.

Maybe McKillup can develop into the answer but I'm not liking what I see from Sheppard. I gave him a free pass last year but not anymore. This is supposedly the same D he played in at LSU, he's had a full offseason, and he's out of excuses.

Sheppard was god awful last night, Mark Kelso pointed out his mistakes often.

At one point, he turned his back on the ball carrier and he ran right past him.

Worst job by a MLB in years........

Sheppard sucked.

Morrison is playing at least as well as Moats. If they want a veteran guy at MLB maybe they should go to Kirk which would enable Moats to take over at the strong side.

Maybe McKillup can develop into the answer but I'm not liking what I see from Sheppard. I gave him a free pass last year but not anymore. This is supposedly the same D he played in at LSU, he's had a full offseason, and he's out of excuses.

One of the ones that ripped me months ago on Sheppard. Yeah what did I know ??

Sheppard sucked.

Yeah I was ripped a new one a couple months ago on Shep. Ha, what did I know

Sheppard was god awful last night, Mark Kelso pointed out his mistakes often.

At one point, he turned his back on the ball carrier and he ran right past him.

Worst job by a MLB in years........

It really was that bad. He didn't even factor in the boxscore. Not even an assisted tackle. It is as if they are playing short handed when he is on the field.