Bills in on Harvin?

You on crack? If we're in the market for a WR in next year's draft (which we will be), i'd fork over a 2nd round and something else for Percy. He can lineup ANYWHERE. RB, QB, WR, kick returns, punt returns. I've always said the Vikings are misusing him. They don't know how to use him and that's probably why he's growing frustrated up there. Who can blame him? He's better than any WR coming out of next year's draft and more versatile and he's still young. Just imagine what we could do with Spiller, Jackson and Percy. Chan would have a field day with those 3.

he was kicked out of high school athletics, hes the poster boy for what was wrong at florida, and hes been a handful in minnesota.....

red flags are ALL OVER this guy.

do you want to pull the trigger on him with high picks and a huge contract and then get stuck if he hasnt grown up? theres a lot of indication he could be a major handful.

im not disagreeing that he is super talented, but i will say its the type of move that could easily backfire. not the basket i put my eggs in, but i would certainly hope for the best.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Bob's twitter:

I dont know about Harvin's attitude (problems), but considering WR will probably be our biggest need and we will use another high draft pick at that position, Im not opposed to giving a 2nd and Smith and/or another player. We have some quality depth players on defense that we'll be cutting. Might as well get some value out of them. Or throw in Smith and one of our other bubble WRs.

dont forget harvin comes with a major new contract needing to be signed too.

Percy isn't just a WR. That's why he'd be so great with an offensive mind like Gailey. Vikings offense right now is just Peterson. There's no thought as how to use Percy. Trade Brad Smith, 2nd and a 6th for him and I'll be happy/

We're going to need those picks to trade up for a QB. Just my two cents.

BA

For who? I think next year's class of QBs is pretty weak and we can sit and wait for a QB like Landry Jones or Geno Smith to fall to us in the 1st. I view us as picking some where in the high teens or early 20's this year and to move up to get someone like Barkley isn't going to happen. No WR is worth drafting within the first 2 rounds so I say why not? Draft a QB in the 1st and spend the 2nd on Percy who can be utilized as more than just a WR. That's just me.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

he was kicked out of high school athletics, hes the poster boy for what was wrong at florida, and hes been a handful in minnesota.....

do you want to pull the trigger on him with high picks and a huge contract and then get stuck if he hasnt grown up? theres a lot of indication he could be a major handful.

im not disagreeing that he is super talented, but i will say its the type of move that could easily backfire. not the basket i put my eggs in, but i would certainly hope for the best.

Nix/Gailey certainly frown upon negative character issues- much more so than most GM/HCs. If they didn't trust his character, I'd be surprised if they took the risk.

Harvin is from my area in Va beach.....He has always been in hot water as he was a reeeeeedonkulous talent since he was 15.

Harvin has a migraine issue which makes him miss 3-8 games a year.......Harvin would be amazing in the slot. Nelson/Spiller's roles would be reduced IMO if somehow this happens.

Not a fan of giving away picks as the QB need/high draft pick trigger will need to pulled eventually.

If he can contribute in a major way and it puts us over the hump and could get us to the show? Yep. In a heartbeat.

Take it for what its worth, but incarcerated bob on twitter reports that the Bills are one of the teams in on Percy Harvin.

**BREAKING NFL NEWS**Source: Vikings actively *SHOPPING* Harvin (Will not come cheap) Jets Front Runners! Cowboys/Browns/Bills also in it

I watched him here in Virginia in high school and he was a head case then and is now. But, that said, our receiving corps is so weak that I would welcome it in a heartbeat.

If he can contribute in a major way and it puts us over the hump and could get us to the show? Yep. In a heartbeat.

what if he implodes ala santonio though? there are two sides to that, after all.

if he gets us deep in the playoffs then great. if hes a major distraction and we are stuck with him.... not so great.

what if he implodes ala santonio though? there are two sides to that, after all.

if he gets us deep in the playoffs then great. if hes a major distraction and we are stuck with him.... not so great.

I kinda feel that on our team, we'd be able to keep him in check. But if he goes to an environment like the Jets, he'll only help speed up their pending implosion.

So I guess it's a win/win? :thumbsup:

From Bob's twitter:

I dont know about Harvin's attitude (problems), but considering WR will probably be our biggest need and we will use another high draft pick at that position, Im not opposed to giving a 2nd and Smith and/or another player. We have some quality depth players on defense that we'll be cutting. Might as well get some value out of them. Or throw in Smith and one of our other bubble WRs.

From what I know, that quote from Bob's twitter is flat wrong. The Bills are not getting tired of Brad Smith one bit, in fact they are largely increasing his role.

As far as Harvin goes, I have mixed feelings. He is a huge talent. He is not the kind of guy that Gailey and Nix have been assembling on this team though, and those kind of guys IMO are going to have a huge effect on the quality of the team over the next few years. Nelson needs to play in the slot to be effective, so Harvin would need to start as an outside WR for the Bills to utilize him enough, and I'm not sure he can do that. Sure he can play inside sometimes, and we often use two slot receivers, but that would greatly limit Chandler being on the field, and hinder Graham's ascension.

I would imagine that Gailey would love a player like Harvin in theory. But because we already have a problem with how many balls are going to go to Fred Ex and Spiller, it may be a luxury we cannot afford, because those carries out the backfield are likely not to happen as much on the Bills. Not to mention that we already have a lot of high level returners.

I like Harvin and his skill set. I wouldn't mind him at all. But I doubt the Bills go after him strong, even if his on the block rumor is true. Nix would for sure look into it, he would have to. But he also values his draft picks so much it's hard to imagine him giving anything up. Plus we need to re-sign Byrd, Levitre and Urbik.

dont forget harvin comes with a major new contract needing to be signed too.

This is a huge point. One I didnt even think of.

He's looking for a big contract. That means less money for Levitre and Byrd. But if we dump Smith, and guys like Kelsay next year... Maybe we can pull it off?

Not saying I disagree with you at all, but the part I bolded if someone didn't know who you were talking about they might assume you were talking about Stevie Johnson-so similar. I watched Harvin play in High School and he got suspended a game or two for pushing or spitting on a ref or something. He was then barred for some reason from playing basketball his senior year. Heck, if we don't get him he will probably end up in New England then we will wish we did.

True, but I don't see him as a Santonio Holmes type player. I met Santonio when he came into our offense a couple years ago and I could tell off the bat he had an EEEEGGGOOOOOOOO. To the millionth degree. Honestly Percy's been good and staying out of trouble as of late so why not? Winning cures a lot. If we can find a way to make his contract work, it'll be fine i think.

Probably a 2nd round pick for what amounts to a one-year rental. Unless the Bills are pragmatically confident in a long playoff run, I don't know if you could justify it.

I believe he is signed for two more seasons, at least from what I have read, and it is quite affordable too.

Harvin is from my area in Va beach.....He has always been in hot water as he was a reeeeeedonkulous talent since he was 15.

Harvin has a migraine issue which makes him miss 3-8 games a year.......Harvin would be amazing in the slot. Nelson/Spiller's roles would be reduced IMO if somehow this happens.

Not a fan of giving away picks as the QB need/high draft pick trigger will need to pulled eventually.

2009 - 15 games played

2010 - 14 games played

2011 - 16 games played

might wanna check your facts...