assuming the bills keep 10 dlineman

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is unfortunate for Carrington. He, like Moats got bounced around for a couple years between DE, DT & LB with his weight was going up & down as well. The guy didn't have a cross word to say, sucked it up and played where he needed to.

It's unfortunate because they'll have a tough time releasing Heard as he had some good reps last year and played well. Now, with the emergence of Moore, who has shown he can be a gamer rcently, Carrington may get the sh*t end of the stick.

I like Carrington. The kid has shown some flashes, is coachable, and is willing to do whatever it takes. Again, the unfortunate part about it is that this league is more of a "show me now" rather than "what could be soon."

Hey, personal preference aside, putting the best players on the field is what it's all about. We shall see.

Understood that bouncing around is tough, but Carrington hasn't done too much of anything no matter where he has lined up. He has looked okay at times, that's about it. I think he's a depth guy no matter the position, or team, he ends up.

Feel bad for Troup. I watched a lot of the little he played, and he did really well... held up against double teams back in the 3-4 days anyway, and looked promising last year even with a cast on his hand. Also a shame because the backups behind Dareus and K.Williams are nothing special, and the 5th spot if we have one, is barren. Hope his back gets better eventually.

As for the original question, I'd think as of now it'd be Heard and Moore since that gives you one player suited for each, rather than Carrington who is maybe not suited for either (in a 4-3).

Merriman, Williams, Anderson, Kelsay, Dareus, Williams, Johnson, Edwards, Troup, Carrington/Moore.

Troup will be IR'd. Moore will make it. Its plausible for Edwards to get the axe to save $$. Either Heard and Carrington will get cut. Thats what the enxt three games will determine. It's also possible they just waive/injured Troup.

Am I the only one who think Troupe could get the axe?

No, I think he will too. Heard will stick and Carrington will get it too. They have 37 to cut, there will be some who go on to other teams. It is good that way as long as when we play them they don't kill us but it shows a more talented team.

Let's see: 1.) Super Mario, 2.) Kelsay, 3.) Anderson, 4.) K. Williams, 5.) Dareus, 6.) Kyle Moore, 7.) Johnson, 8.) can't believe I'm saying this- Dwan Edwards- though his contract may see him cut for youth 9.) Merriman, and 10.) Heard

I'm thinking the cut group is Dwan Edwards, Troupe, and Carrington. 1 of these 3 stays, the other 2 are gone. Dwan Edwards has NFL experience, but seldom makes a difference and has a nasty contract, for a back-up, IMO. Troupe and Carrington are developmental, but have not shown anything as Troupe has been nothing but injured and Carrington is improving but at a snails pace.

Prediction: Dwan Edwards and Troupe are cut, Carrington stays for 1 more year to see if he finally can play.

Williams, Kelsay, Merriman, Anderson

Dareus, Williams, Johnson, Heard

Carrinton/Edwards/Moore for the final two.

Troupe has zero chance in my book.

I believe Edwards is ahead of Heard and has a better shot to make the team unless Edwards is a cap casualty, which I hope doesn’t happen. We’re not near the cap so keep the best players regardless of salary. IMO Heard is just a space eater and that’s not what Wanny is looking for so I don’t think he makes it. I like Carrington’s versatility which I think will be important for the #5 DE or DT. Let’s see if he can show some consistency in the next 3 preseason games. Troup to IR. Let him get fully healthy and then let’s see what he can do next year. He’s got skills, he just can’t get/stay healthy. Whether he’s on IR or on the street, I just don’t see Troup in a Bills uniform this season.

Keep Mario, Kelsay, Merriman, Anderson, Moore @ DE and Dareus, Kyle, Johnson, Edwards, Carrington @ DT.

Understood that bouncing around is tough, but Carrington hasn't done too much of anything no matter where he has lined up. He has looked okay at times, that's about it. I think he's a depth guy no matter the position, or team, he ends up.

Feel bad for Troup. I watched a lot of the little he played, and he did really well... held up against double teams back in the 3-4 days anyway, and looked promising last year even with a cast on his hand. Also a shame because the backups behind Dareus and K.Williams are nothing special, and the 5th spot if we have one, is barren. Hope his back gets better eventually.

As for the original question, I'd think as of now it'd be Heard and Moore since that gives you one player suited for each, rather than Carrington who is maybe not suited for either (in a 4-3).

Agreed...I just read a report about how ineffective he's been, even against the 3's...sunk like a ship & won't make the roster. Especially with Moore playing as well as he has with the 2's.

Williams, Kelsay, Merriman, Anderson

Dareus, Williams, Johnson, Heard

Carrinton/Edwards/Moore for the final two.

Troupe has zero chance in my book.

100% correct, carrington and Moore stay. Edwards could be traded but if released the colts won't wait long to sign him...I like Edwards but he'd be wasting his talent in a 4-3.

Am I the only one who think Troupe could get the axe?

Its entirely possible that Troup gets cut but I have a feeling he'll get IR then get waived eventually.

You just hate to see the Bills nswing and miss on guys drafted high like troup and carrington.

In the big picture they have contributed much less than the Jills on a cold perky day.

Just because

75643514.jpg

I'm of the impression that there are 8 solids

Williams, Williams, Dareus, Kelsay

Merriman, Edwards, Johnson, Anderson

And that there would be one more on top of that, probably Moore or Carrington. Troupe and Heard are likely to be cut, in my eyes.

I wonder if the bills can trade one of the fringe defensive linemen for a 6th or 7th round pick? The bills will clearly be cutting a couple of lineman who would make most teams. A team might be willing to surrender a 6th or 7th round pick instead of competing with other teams to sign one of the bills cuts d lineman.

I'm of the impression that there are 8 solids

Williams, Williams, Dareus, Kelsay

Merriman, Edwards, Johnson, Anderson

And that there would be one more on top of that, probably Moore or Carrington. Troupe and Heard are likely to be cut, in my eyes.

I agree 100% on the locks. Those suggesting Edwards, Johnson, or Kelsay could be cut are delusional.

I'm starting to believe they like Moore a lot. He's insurance for Merriman. Troup is either IR or cut -- he hasn't done enough to even be evaluated. Carrington and Heard are fighting for that 10th spot (if the Bills keep that many).