Seahawks talking to teams about QB T.Jackson

Drewgetz

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People that claim they would rather have Thigpen scare me :bag:

I agree. Is he great, no. Average, yes. Thigpen is terrible. That said, I think VY is better than either and I'd rather have him.

I'd also rather get Dennis Dixon. Still surprised he is a FA. He has great upside. Must be demanding to be a starter.

I agree. Is he great, no. Average, yes. Thigpen is terrible. That said, I think VY is better than either and I'd rather have him.

I'd also rather get Dennis Dixon. Still surprised he is a FA. He has great upside. Must be demanding to be a starter.

More likely, Dixon just isn't that good.

As I mentioned a few times about Jackson, his $4 million salary for this year could diminish his desirability in the eyes of other teams.

News today that he's willing to take a pay cut in order to facilitate a trade:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/19/tarvaris-jackson-willing-to-take-pay-cut-to-facilitate-trade/

More likely, Dixon just isn't that good.

That's probably it right there. Talented young QBs tend to get attention. Other than looking serviceable in very limited spot duty in a Steeler offense that has seen Charlie Batch and Byron Sandwich find success, I'm not sure what he's done to warrant the enthusiasm many fans seem to have for him.

That's probably it right there. Talented young QBs tend to get attention. Other than looking serviceable in very limited spot duty in a Steeler offense that has seen Charlie Batch and Byron Sandwich find success, I'm not sure what he's done to warrant the enthusiasm many fans seem to have for him.

They heard his name on national TV

Call me nuts, but I think VY, and Brad Smith have us covered if Fitzy goes down. I like Tavaris, but IMO, he'd be yet another BIG question mark on a fooball team that already has enough.

It's simple. CUT THIGPEN. And there's your depth at QB.

No link yet, just saw on ticker tape on NFL Network. Seahawks are "talking to a couple teams" about trading for Tavaris Jackson. Do you think the Bills are one of these teams. Do you think he would be a significant improvment over thigpen and young? Keep in mind the time it takes to learn the offense. Just wondering your thoughts.

No.