If you could go back in time and watch any Bills game live

major

I would love to go back in time and watch the greatest comeback game against the Oilers. It was my all time favorite game in Bills history. Watched it on TV - wish I could have been there in person.

If you could take the Delorean back in time to watch a Bills game, which would it be and why?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The comeback game would be one of the top on my list. The Pats game last year. The game OJ broke the record. The "Fandemonium" game with the goalposts would be prolly top on my list. And the Miami game when the fans raised the Goalposts to Ralphs box. Would have to be one of these. Maybe, just maybe the Raiders AFC Championship game too.

The Comeback game clearly has to be mentioned but I have it on DVD and saw it live on TV when it happened. So I would choose the time the Bills beat the Raiders 51-3 in the AFC Championship game in 1990. I was deployed to Iraq at the time and have never had the pleasure of witnessing that beat down.

Also, I'm not sure what game I would choose but watching OJ run was pure joy. I think he's underrated and underappreciated by the Gen Xers because obviously his reputation has been soiled by his post-Bills activities. But man that guy could run. I'm not sure he was better than Jim Brown but he was better than any runner since. Fans would jump to their feet at Rich Stadium when OJ had the ball.

By the way - for those too young to remember - the Oilers had a very good team the year of The Comeback. In fact, we lost to the Oilers the week before in the "House of Pain" in Houston 27-3. This was a critical game, as I recall, because it got the Oilers into the playoffs and knocked us out of 1st place in the AFCE. So we had to play the Oilers again in the first round of the playoffs. By halftime, we had suffered 6 consecutive quarters of painful futility, managing just two FGs while giving up bucketloads of points. And Kelly and Thomas both got hurt. If the first-teamers couldn't reach the endzone, how could Franck Reich? The Comeback was incredibly unlikely when you know the circumstances which made it all the sweeter when it happened.

Edited by hondo in seattle

It would have to be the comeback against Moon Man and the Oilers. Gosh I still remember the gigantic smile on Bruce's face right after the winning field goal. If that game won't make your body rush with adrenaline, nothing will. What a game.

The Bills shellacking of Jay Shroeder and his Raider cohorts is up there too.

Finishing off Elway in the AFC Championship game with an interception was one of the best nail biters. I think it was Leon Seals? I could be wrong.

Too many good memories....

That's the spirit! With the way this team and FO is coming together I think we will all (minus the trolls and trollettes) have new good memories. It's been too long and we can't keep living on the old wonderful memories. New great ones seem to be on the horizon and will be had!

At the risk of angering the thread Gods, I'm looking forward to new good memories… actually new GREAT memories.

Dallas game in 84 when Tinker rips off a 80 yarded on 1st play and upset the mighty Cowboys. Yes, we were 2-14 that year, but I think that win was just awesome for everyone there, and everyone there was a true diehard I would think. No griping about losing draft position, just pure joy getting off the schneid beating the Cowboys.

Next up would be the Miami snow game

Also the Dallas Monday nighter a few yeas ago. Yes the Bills lost, but that place seemed electric that night.

Edited by plenzmd1

Bills Giants Super Bowl.

I would take the opportunity to run on the field, or at least try, right before Norwood's FG to try to change history for the better. I would definetely try to Marty McFly that game.

GO BILLS!!

The comeback game would be one of the top on my list. The Pats game last year. The game OJ broke the record. The "Fandemonium" game with the goalposts would be prolly top on my list. And the Miami game when the fans raised the Goalposts to Ralphs box. Would have to be one of these. Maybe, just maybe the Raiders AFC Championship game too.

What he said

I would love to go back in time and watch the greatest comeback game against the Oilers. It was my all time favorite game in Bills history. Watched it on TV - wish I could have been there in person.

If you could take the Delorean back in time to watch a Bills game, which would it be and why?

Certainly the comback game was pure exhiliration. I remember a huge, wild pile-on in the bar I was watching it in...

Here's another... back when the Bills / Dolphins rivalry meant something deep... we retired Don Shula in the playoffs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_playoffs,_1995-96#AFC:_Buffalo_Bills_37.2C_Miami_Dolphins_22