Greatest Bills K Ever

Nukethis

Steve Christie or Rian Lindell ?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/chrisste01.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/linderia01.htm

My vote goes to Christie for many clutch kicks, his onside and directional kickoffs and the 58 yarder he hit during a monday night game vs. Dullfins in the 90's. But Lindell has also been money and very dependable.

Demerits and lashes given to anyone mentioning a certain kicker from James Madison.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pete Gogolak?

Tom Dempsey?

Dempsey? Really? He wasn't particularly good for the Bills and I will never forget him missing that chip shot FG at the end of the season opener in '79 that would have beat Miami.

Gary Anderson but Buffalo waived him............lol

http://en.wikipedia....n_(placekicker)

I think Anderson was 0 for 7 in the presesason on FG attempts and Chuck Knox had to cut him.

He was born in S Africa which according to Shark Week on Discovery HD makes him one of the few S Africans to escape

death by shark. That turned out fairly well for Pittsburgh.

If Norwood makes that kick is he in this conversation?

He who attended James Madison was only a 73% kicker over his career and was in the 63-68% range

the last 3-4 years . Please dont use the "N" word.

If Norwood makes that kick is he in this conversation?

Yes. Norwood was a good kicker.

The argument between Christie & Lindell is a good one. Christie had the benefit of being on the Bills when they were still going to the Super Bowl, whereas Lindell joined the Bills during the Mularkey & Jauron regimes.

I personally wanted Lindell cut after that missed FG in the Pittsburgh game. Since then Lindell has proven to be a very accurate kicker. Which is why I'm a fan and not a coach.

In the end it's a tough decision between these two.

He who attended James Madison was only a 73% kicker over his career and was in the 63-68% range

the last 3-4 years . Please dont use the "N" word.

He had one great year, in 1988. A number of the Bills 12 wins that year were scored directly off his right foot.

I have to say it's Steve Christie, hands down. Longevity + numerous clutch kicks. He gets an "extra point" (pun intended) for one of the most memorable plays in Buffalo history, namely, the onside recovery against Houston in the comeback game (plus the GW FG, of course)--- he also made what is only the 2nd most famous Bills Super Bowl FG, but it was for a record 59 yards.

Lindell is 2nd--- he's been fairly clutch in the past several seasons since adjusting his kicking stance, although it's clearly not his fault he's had so relatively few opportunities in clutch situations.

Steve Christie.

Lindell folds under pressure.

Any stats to back that up? I recall a grand total of two situations in which I was "mad" at Lindell for missing a kick -- the chippy against the Steelers (although it was not a "pressure" kick and didn't lose the game), and the Monday nighter against Cleveland four years ago.