Would You Trade Any 3 Bills Players for Andrew Luck?

Boludo

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it were somehow possible, would you trade for Andrew Luck in exchange for any three of the Bills players of the Colts choosing (ie - Luck for Fitzpatrick+Johnson+Dareus)?

If you think 3 is the wrong number, do you think 1, 2, or 4+ would be the most you'd give up?

Question is a little vague, but hell yes. Any 3 players on the roster for Luck in a heartbeat.

If it were somehow possible, would you trade for Andrew Luck in exchange for any three of the Bills players of the Colts choosing (ie - Luck for Fitzpatrick+Johnson+Dareus)?

Fitzpatrick and Dareus make sense in a theoretical Luck trade but I don't think Spencer Johnson is enough of a sweetener to get it done.

Thats a fun hypothetical. I don't think the Colts make the trade, so yeah I'd do it. A once-in-a-generation QB is worth it. It would set the clock back another couple years, but the ceiling is higher with Luck than without him.

Let's flip it around: if you were Indy what would you have needed to receive to trade the pick? I think the only potential trade would have been something with panthers for cam newton; I.e. the only thing of comparable value to a young QB with high expection of elite franchise potential under the new cap is the same thing. No package of other players and positions works.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Any 5 players I would do it, and next year's 1st round draft pick, you have to have a good QB to win.

My 2 cents???

I trade nothing. He is an unproven player AND we still need the evaluation process with Fitz and Young.

We may already have the quarterback we need.

Craziness, there is no one who works in football that does not believe he will be a really good player.

Absolutely.

They'd definitely want Dareus. After that its kind of a crap shoot. Would they want the huge contract of Mario Williams? Would they want a promising young player without proven experience (Gilmore, Spiller)? Would they want a solid proven piece (Levitre, Johnson, Jackson)?

If I'm the Colts I'm taking Dareus, Gilmore and Levitre... and yea I'd do that deal in a heartbeat if I'm the Bills.

Let's flip it around: if you were Indy what would you have needed to receive to trade the pick? I think the only potential trade would have been something with panthers for cam newton; I.e. the only thing of comparable value to a young QB with high expection of elite franchise potential under the new cap is the same thing. No package of other players and positions works.

There's always more scrutiny for the deal you DO make than the one you don't. The combination of Mario, Dareus and Fred/Stevie might very well have better real value than Luck, but the importance of QBs is so highly regarded that their front office would never live it down absent of a Superbowl.

The guy looked great in one preseason game... perhaps because it was against the Rams defense ( new staff). Perhaps one HC / owner called another and said I need to sell tix, let my guy look good willya.

Its preseason, lets see what he does in week one in the regualr season at Chicago against a good defense.

I'm not convinced just yet, one guy goes into his first year and takes a pounding and gets better (Manning-Aikman), another guy takes a pounding and gets worse (David Car-Joey Harrington) Its not just about how good Luck is, its also about how good his coaching staff, and players around him are the next few years, and how they build that team

NFN but if ya give them SJ, wth on the team is going to be a receiving threat? The next Bills guy is ranked at #61.

OTOH, The guy was worth 3 first rounders before the draft, and the Colts probably wouldn't have even traded him for that... so yea :D

Any 5 players I would do it, and next year's 1st round draft pick, you have to have a good QB to win.

Craziness, there is no one who works in football that does not believe he will be a really good player.

Same with Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russel, Couch ... the list goes on and on. Show me the baby!

If you think 3 is the wrong number, do you think 1, 2, or 4+ would be the most you'd give up?

Everyone :flirt: (Figster loves a good QB)

Edited by Fig Newton