Paul Ryan VP. Still want to debate the Walker Recall?

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned this earlier and meazza already posted this link, but I don't mind watching it again

Seriously. I didn't see it. It was just what immediately came to mind when I saw him - of ALL people - Badgering DWS. Not that she shouldn't take a good badgering or two, or three, or perhaps three thousand... the political skank.

Edited by Nanker

He's like one of the characters in the movie Tin Men. He sold 53% of this country on his aluminum siding when we had already advanced to vinyl siding.

Anyone that considers vinyl siding an advancement deserves to have their judgement questioned continuously.

Seriously. I didn't see it. It was just what immediately came to mind when I saw him - of ALL people - Badgering DWS. Not that she shouldn't take a good badgering or two, or three, or perhaps three thousand... the political skank.

Just a reminder: DWS is not just an easy target congress-critter from some easy district. Americans should hold her to account because she is Barack Obama's hand-picked leader of his party. She's not a fringe player.

She's the DNC Chairwoman, installed at the request of the president of the United States.

This seems like a good commercial for Mitt Romney: "I picked Paul Ryan. He picked Debbie and Joe. I'm Mitt Romney and I approve this message."

Ryan is a terrible pick IMHO. Not that I don't think he's effective at what he does, but he's extremely divisive. I might have been willing to jump ship and pull the lever for Romney in November provided that he picked another centrist as a running mate. And face it people, Romney is a centrist. He's saying what he needs to to get elected now, but I think he would govern as a centrist. But Ryan is just way to far to the right for me. And I have a feeling this sentiment goes quite a long way with others who were sitting on the fence just a few days ago.

So divisive that Ryan was being heckled at the Iowa State Fair today. Now I know Iowa still breaks blue a little. Yet, outside of the bigger cities (if you wanna call them that), it is still a VERY conservative state.

Speaking of Iowa and the State Fair... We just took the family there for Opening Day and Friday... Spending the night in Des Moines. The fair was packed... You would have never known the economy was in crapper the way people were dropping money. Even one old farmer type guy I overheard on Friday mentioned: "They say the economy is doing bad, you'd never know it looking at all these people spending money on a work day!" Maybe the fair is the "cheap" thing to do in during down economies, but not judging from the prices and what people were spending...

So divisive that Ryan was being heckled at the Iowa State Fair today. Now I know Iowa still breaks blue a little. Yet, outside of the bigger cities (if you wanna call them that), it is still a VERY conservative state.

Speaking of Iowa and the State Fair... We just took the family there for Opening Day and Friday... Spending the night in Des Moines. The fair was packed... You would have never known the economy was in crapper the way people were dropping money. Even one old farmer type guy I overheard on Friday mentioned: "They say the economy is doing bad, you'd never know it looking at all these people spending money on a work day!" Maybe the fair is the "cheap" thing to do in during down economies, but not judging from the prices and what people were spending...

Does the fair accept EBT?

Edited by Doc

Does the fair accept EB?

What's EB?

If it is what I think it is... No. Just cash. It is !@#$ing Iowa. Possibly to get in... But you gotta be kidding me to use the midway or get food?... For crying out loud... There are guys like Jboyst setting up cots and sleeping with their cows in the cattle barn!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

What's EB?

If it is what I think it is... No. Just cash. It is !@#$ing Iowa. Possibly to get in... But you gotta be kidding me to use the midway or get food?... For crying out loud... There are guys like Jboyst setting up cots and sleeping with their cows in the cattle barn!

I feex.

So divisive that Ryan was being heckled at the Iowa State Fair today.

Yes, in fact the hecklers took to the stage and one of them apparently punched a Ryan volunteer. Everyone knows why the hecklers are there...because the WH needs to divert the conversation away from the fact that Obama himself is trying to gut Medicare even worse than the Ryan plan. So it's union stooges to the rescue.

But sure...let's think that Ryan is being heckled for the first time ever because he's divisive.

Yes, in fact the hecklers took to the stage and one of them apparently punched a Ryan volunteer. Everyone knows why the hecklers are there...because the WH needs to divert the conversation away from the fact that Obama himself is trying to gut Medicare even worse than the Ryan plan. So it's union stooges to the rescue.

But sure...let's think that Ryan is being heckled for the first time ever because he's divisive.

He did say he was going to "unifiy" everybody. Really Paul? Whatever dreamland pills you are taking, I want some too! Hope and change brother!

He seems very polarizing.

I feex.

No problem... I figured that... Not too far off the mark without the "T."

Anyway... I am pretty sure... A total "no" on the answer. It is pretty funny in Iowa, the state has always prided itself on education, laugh if you must, the state steeped in hog farming history has a strong education agenda! Now they are pushing the "Healthiest State" agenda. That is a tall order for a state with a lot of corn fed (and yes, mostly conservatives out in the country... :-P) fat asses! Yikes... Instant heart attack with the food that was available! IMO, the state has a pretty huge mountain to climb!

He seems very polarizing.

Paul Ryan is a lot of things, but polarizing isn't one of them. And after the last three years, including the last three weeks of "successful people didn't do that on their own," tax the rich, Romney cheated on his taxes and gave a woman cancer to intentionally kill her while at Bain...the world is hungry for true leaders who appreciate individual accomplishments and success. Because really, the country is tired of being told that success sucks and successful people are the reason that people are poor.

Best T-shirt seen:

"I didn't get to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian!"

Paul Ryan is a lot of things, but polarizing isn't one of them. And after the last three years, including the last three weeks of "successful people didn't do that on their own," tax the rich, Romney cheated on his taxes and gave a woman cancer to intentionally kill her while at Bain...the world is hungry for true leaders who appreciate individual accomplishments and success. Because really, the country is tired of being told that success sucks and successful people are the reason that people are poor.

Really? Success sucks and we are being told that. ?? I must have missed the memo.

Oh well... We just have to agree to disagree on what seems to be a very polarizing Paul Ryan... I must not be too far out in the suburbs.

Oh well... We just have to agree to disagree on what seems to be a very polarizing Paul Ryan... I must not be too far out in the suburbs.

His budget is middle of the road and his social views are fairly modern

LoL... "fairly modern." WTF does that mean? Does that mean for woman to use a coathanger for an abortion? A metal wire coathanger is a fairly "modern" item.

Yes. That's exactly what it means. Except this is 2012... Plastic clothes hangers are readily available for comfort. Makes killing your unborn child smooth and effortless.

!@#$ing morons have to have an all or nothing view.

oh crap, let's just find a topic and stick this in, because prodding the blind and naive is relatively easy

¶ i get a big kick out of the ingdignant reactions to my stance against the suburbs.

¶ it's as if i've hit a nerve, which isn't all that bad.

¶ you can have you're cul de sacs and i'll take my innercity crap.

¶ labillz gets a big kick out of my comment that the suburbs are inhumane.

¶ given the losers and pork bellied dipshits who park their suvs out there,

¶ i'm not exactly sure how i'm wrong.

¶ commute this and paul ryan that.

¶ and jesus christ this,

¶ cause the roman catholic church

¶ has a long history of twisting the truth

¶ to fit its crusading destiny.

¶ and yet my mom lives in the suburbs,

¶ and somehow she can accept my point of view.

¶ so flee and flea and justify all you want

¶ and pretend guns don't kill.

¶ i'll sit happily on my urban porch

¶ laughing at the hipocricy

¶ amherst's sinking

¶ and yet my foundation's sound.

jw

here's the cool thing. if paul ryan excpects to express his deviant views, i call shotgun in suggesting i have the right to mine.

Edited by john wawrow

No, it's just that neither of you understand strength, real strength, because I seriously doubt either of you have ever had to be, really. I don't know if you are weak. But I do know: you ain't strong.

Strong people don't have tell other people how moral they are birdog, do they? They are not "moral by association" either, Mr. That's Why I'm a Democrat. :lol: They just show it. Smart people don't have to tell other's how good they are at "subtext :lol:" tgreg, do they? They just show it.

Thus, when confronted with real strength, or upon seeing the real weakness in the people you support(Ryan Vs. Obama), it makes you uncomfortable. So, you do the only thing you can: make a "joke" :blink: and hope that prevents others from noticing your/their inadequacies. Yeah...good one. :lol: I thought you were a writer? If you're going to make fun of me, let's see some effort.

Of course...I'm not calling either of you weak, that's for other posters to decide. However, one thing I'm absolutely sure is a sign of weakness:

Putting Paul Ryan in the front row and bashing on him...because you are too scared to take him on man to man is pure weakness.

Neither of you 2 have addressed that point directly, man to man. Instead you are trying to "find" humor....where it already exists in a form you don't comprehend. :lol: Well, will you be strong, really strong....or will you choose weakness?

I wrote it in a style that you've never heard, have you?

Now, anybody whose every been on a team, any kind of team, that doesn't suck, that is expected to win, but there's a good chance they won't, and whose winning or losing will actually matter and affect lives forever, and that knows that will require real blood, real sweat and real tears?

They've heard that language before. You....haven't.

Again, not saying you're weak...it's just that you don't really know it, do you?

Hint: It's not chest thumping...it's the exact opposite....but you are struggling with that too, aren't you?

I bow to the greatness that is this response.

Oh it absolutely is. The right will never say that: they will say "you are too stupid to get it". :lol: Or, they would spend the next 5 pages of a thread explaining what you don't get, in the hopes that you will get it, but if you don't, then they would say "you are too stupid to get it".

But never, ever would they allow your ignorance or stupidity to slide without making damn sure you were held accountable for it. Hence, "you are too stupid", rather than "you just don't".

The right isn't interested in your feelings...as much as they are in your ability to contaminate the rest of the world with your idiocy.

Hence: "you just don't get it" can never ever be a real device of the right. Kinda like: Obama is a f'ing idiot for the way the stimulus was handled....it's not that he just doesn't get economics.

Edit:

Easy way to remember: the right is for NOT everbody gets a trophy.

The more "debates are no big deal" posts I read?

The more fear I smell. :lol:

There's fear and insecurity....asses are puckering....little drops of sweat instantly squirting out of armpits.\

And of course... I am :lol: ing.

Okay, but now you're just showing off.

oh crap, let's just find a topic and stick this in, because prodding the blind and naive is relatively easy

¶ i get a big kick out of the ingdignant reactions to my stance against the suburbs.

¶ it's as if i've hit a nerve, which isn't all that bad.

¶ you can have you're cul de sacs and i'll take my innercity crap.

¶ labillz gets a big kick out of my comment that the suburbs are inhumane.

¶ given the losers and pork bellied dipshits who park their suvs out there,

¶ i'm not exactly sure how i'm wrong.

¶ commute this and paul ryan that.

¶ and jesus christ this,

¶ cause the roman catholic church

¶ has a long history of twisting the truth

¶ to fit its crusading destiny.

¶ and yet my mom lives in the suburbs,

¶ and somehow she can accept my point of view.

¶ so flee and flea and justify all you want

¶ and pretend guns don't kill.

¶ i'll sit happily on my urban porch

¶ laughing at the hipocricy

¶ amherst's sinking

¶ and yet my foundation's sound.

jw

here's the cool thing. if paul ryan excpects to express his deviant views, i call shotgun in suggesting i have the right to mine.

Thats it, I am sticking with my new Wawrow avatar.

Thats it, I am sticking with my new Wawrow avatar.

Are you going to move into one of the original gated communities - a moat and wall encircled european city?

You know. Those are the places the feudal lord constructed to guard his treasure and house the serfs and craftsmen so they could maintain his life of ease. The original pleasure palaces of the effete.