Paul Ryan VP. Still want to debate the Walker Recall?

"Eye four won dew wont two make shore Umairikans no awl thee offal passed off Mr. Ryan," David Axelrod - Democrat Party chief political strategist and character assassin.

I'm looking forward to finding all about Ryan's transgressions as a teenager, that he ran over a bunny rabbit in grade school, that his first wife sued him for divorce because he likes to wear silk tank tops, that he once didn't leave a tip at a diner, that he cancelled his newspaper subscription and the poor paperboy's mother had a heart attack and died as a result, that his neighbor complain because he mows his lawn at 9:00 am on Saturdays, that he once was a member of the thespian society, that he buys expensive suits made in Hong Kong, and owns two Toyotas, etc., etc. You know - all the things the Mean Streak Media are dying to let all the world know about Mitt's choice for VP. This man needs a proper vetting, and there's time to kill between now and the second coronation and these important issues of the day must be discussed ad nauseum in the public forum. It's their duty to dig into the past both private and public of any person who seeks such high office.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Eye four won dew wont two make shore Umairikans no awl thee offal passed off Mr. Ryan," David Axelrod - Democrat Party chief political strategist and character assassin.

I'm looking forward to finding all about Ryan's transgressions as a teenager, that he ran over a bunny rabbit in grade school, that his first wife sued him for divorce because he likes to wear silk tank tops, that he once didn't leave a tip at a diner, that he cancelled his newspaper subscription and the poor paperboy's mother had a heart attack and died as a result, that his neighbor complain because he mows his lawn at 9:00 am on Saturdays, that he once was a member of the thespian society, that he buys expensive suits made in Hong Kong, and owns two Toyotas, etc., etc. You know - all the things the Mean Streak Media are dying to let all the world know about Mitt's choice for VP. This man needs a proper vetting, and there's time to kill between now and the second coronation and these important issues of the day must be discussed ad nauseum in the public forum. It's their duty to dig into the past both private and public of any person who seeks such high office.

I agree. We really need to vet Paul Ryan. He should release his college transcripts immediately.

He was who I was hoping for. I've got a lot of faith in paul Ryan. He will help make this an election about big things

More specifically, it will be an election about things Obama is not only afraid of, but has promised to address and utterly failed. One of his biggest and most obvious broken promise was to go through the budget and reduce the deficit by half at the end of his first term. Think that topic will be discussed? Not to mention, the right can roll out the "pushing Grandma off the cliff" stuff as if it's a new ad. The country is quickly sickened by the embarrassing ads and attacks coming from the WH...the Romney killed a guy's wife being the most recent. When they watch the left depicting Ryan literally pushing a wheelchair-bound old woman off the cliff...? Yeah, that'll fly.

And for those of you who think his plans to address entitlements is a loser, I remind you that this was a big part of the liberal attacks in 2010 mid-terms. Libs may want to come up with another plan.

In the end, it comes down to this: is America ready to address it's fiscal problems, or ignore them in exchange for a poor economy and taxes on the rich?

I am so looking forward to

!

Moderator: Mr Ryan, your roadmap assumes FY 2018 Budget Line Item 1234 Section A Subsection 36 Paragraph Four having growth of 3.456789%. However respectable economists are predicting only 3.456788%. How sir, do you explain this discrepency?

Moderator: Mr Vice President, why do the Republicans want to throw my dear old Grandmother over a cliff?

A few excerpts from Rep. Ryan's speech this morning.

“I’m proud to stand with a man who understands what it takes to foster job creation in our economy, someone who knows from experience, that if you have a small business—you did build that,”

"Let me say a word about the man Mitt Romney will replace. No one disputes President Obama inherited a difficult situation. And, in his first 2 years, with his party in complete control of Washington, he passed nearly every item on his agenda. But that didn’t make things better. In fact, we find ourselves in a nation facing debt, doubt and despair. This is the worst economic recovery in 70 years. Unemployment has been above 8 percent for more than three years, the longest run since the Great Depression. Families are hurting. We have the largest deficits and the biggest federal government since WW II. Nearly 1 out of 6 Americans are in poverty–the worst rate in a generation. Moms and dads are struggling to make ends meet. Household incomes have dropped by more than $4,000 over the past four years. Whatever the explanations, whatever the excuses, this is a record of failure. …

We Americans look at one another’s success with pride, not resentment, because we know, as more Americans work hard, take risks, and succeed, more people will prosper, our communities will benefit, and individual lives will be improved and uplifted. …"

This is the kind of thing we need to hear (from Ryan's speech today):

The commitment Mitt Romney and I make to you is this: We won’t duck the tough issues…we will lead! We won’t blame others…we will take responsibility! We won’t replace our founding principles…we will reapply them! We will honor you, our fellow citizens, by giving you the right and opportunity to make the choice: What kind of country do we want to have? What kind of people do we want to be? We can turn this thing around. Real solutions can be delivered. But, it will take leadership. And the courage to tell you the truth. Mitt Romney is this kind of leader. I’m excited for what lies ahead and I’m thrilled to be a part of America’s Comeback Team. And together, we will unite America and get this done.

Well first off as has already been mentioned Ryan did not charge the fee and second what was the fee used for?

Whatever it was used for, it could have been put to better use

Like donating $3 to Obama 5 times for a chance to play basketball with him

Romney just sealed the election for Obama. Picking a VP nominee that actually has ideas based in rationality is the kind of intelligent move that an experienced executive would make that completely alienates voters who not just expect but demand "leadership" that tells them who to blame for their problems, how to solve it. He clearly doesn't understand that the American Presidency isn't about solutions, but pandering, and nothing illustrates better how out-of-touch Romney is with the average American than this choice.

Romney just sealed the election for Obama. Picking a VP nominee that actually has ideas based in rationality is the kind of intelligent move that an experienced executive would make that completely alienates voters who not just expect but demand "leadership" that tells them who to blame for their problems, how to solve it. He clearly doesn't understand that the American Presidency isn't about solutions, but pandering, and nothing illustrates better how out-of-touch Romney is with the average American than this choice.

I fear you are correct, or at least have a greater chance of being right than being wrong. The only hope is that the pandered to crowd sees at face value that the country is in an enormous hole which will only get bigger if we don't throw this empty suit out of office now.

Moderator: Mr Ryan, your roadmap assumes FY 2018 Budget Line Item 1234 Section A Subsection 36 Paragraph Four having growth of 3.456789%. However respectable economists are predicting only 3.456788%. How sir, do you explain this discrepency?

Moderator: Mr Vice President, why do the Republicans want to throw my dear old Grandmother over a cliff?

Yeah, that sounds about right.

A few excerpts from Rep. Ryan's speech this morning. “I’m proud to stand with a man who understands what it takes to foster job creation in our economy, someone who knows from experience, that if you have a small business—you did build that,” "Let me say a word about the man Mitt Romney will replace. No one disputes President Obama inherited a difficult situation. And, in his first 2 years, with his party in complete control of Washington, he passed nearly every item on his agenda. But that didn’t make things better. In fact, we find ourselves in a nation facing debt, doubt and despair. This is the worst economic recovery in 70 years. Unemployment has been above 8 percent for more than three years, the longest run since the Great Depression. Families are hurting. We have the largest deficits and the biggest federal government since WW II. Nearly 1 out of 6 Americans are in poverty–the worst rate in a generation. Moms and dads are struggling to make ends meet. Household incomes have dropped by more than $4,000 over the past four years. Whatever the explanations, whatever the excuses, this is a record of failure. … We Americans look at one another’s success with pride, not resentment, because we know, as more Americans work hard, take risks, and succeed, more people will prosper, our communities will benefit, and individual lives will be improved and uplifted. …" .
This is the kind of thing we need to hear (from Ryan's speech today):

But Mitt's wife has a horse and he killed a woman.

Yup, he's about to get RAKED by Axelrod's minions, make no mistake.

Is this an indictment on Obama's dirty politics, or the incompetency of the GOP opposition research? Or both?

Edited by The Big Cat

He had no choice, veep pick was dictated by his sinking in the polls. Had his strategy of hang back and remain vague on platform while benefitting from anti-incumbent/Obama sentiment been working, he'd have gone with a more neutral choice like Portman. To stop the ship from crashing on the rocks near term he needed to solidify the base and define a platform, the latter he did by inheriting Ryan's. But this adds more risks longer term that need to be managed that camp Romney didn't envision taking

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack