What I found to be most unsettling

First, let me say I liked the mindset on offense to go in an work on some no huddle spread formations, that in my opinion is what preseason is really for.

What I found to be a little worrisome was how poorly the secondary looked. If there was one glaring sore spot above the officiating, it was how easily they were carved up by a first ever starting rookie.

What concerned you the most?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

second Washington drive averaged 10 yards per play. against starters. All I was able to listen to on way to dinner were about 4 series. ouch

it's still early, its still early, it's still early......but I really wanted to feel better

Because the other 3 drives which featured two 3 and outs and a turnover meant nothing right? The only thing that matters is that they were scored on. If you're expecting a shutout every game then you're going to be in for a long season.

First, let me say I liked the mindset on offense to go in an work on some no huddle spread formations, that in my opinion is what preseason is really for.

What I found to be a little worrisome was how poorly the secondary looked. If there was one glaring sore spot above the officiating, it was how easily they were carved up by a first ever starting rookie.

Carved up? I don't think Gilmore was even thrown at... I'm gonna look through the game again, but I believe it was McKelvin covering Garcon and/or Williams. As far as i'm aware Gilmore wasn't tested once, which may mean he had his receiver locked down.

And this was a base defense.... but yes the sky is falling.

Because the other 3 drives which featured two 3 and outs and a turnover meant nothing right? The only thing that matters is that they were scored on. If you're expecting a shutout every game then you're going to be in for a long season.

You think giving up 7 points per quarter is a good defense?

Just remember pre season is all vanilla....no schemes and stunts.....I will wait until the bullets fly and the 5 paragraph order is in to really asess the situation.....a better snapshot will be game 3 of pre season buddy

Guys, the O and D both admitted to not doing any game planning. They were trying to different things on offense and the defense was running a base package basically all game. They're trying to figure out personnel in this first game and who belongs where. Let's take a deep breath, relax, and relish in the fact that there were no serious injuries.

Carved up? They scored a TD on a WR screen. The final score was 7-6. If anything, the offense is to blame.

Did you not see any other completions? yes, carved up, completely. By a rookie who has never thrown an NFL game pass. Watch the game before blindly making a comment like that.

This thread is one reason why I hate preseason.

I can understand that. Anyone who isn't brand new to the game can recognize that in week one of the reg season, teams look ENTIRELY different than how they looked during the preseason. Preseason is for roster evaluation more than anything. People who get hung up on one particular play, or one series, or even one entire preseason game, need to chill a bit. Season doesn't start for another month.

Hey ... I haven't seen the game yet but from what I read the ONLY SCORE that Washington had was on a well designed pass play where neither of our starting DB's had the coverage. Everything else that I have read or heard about the game indicated that Gilmore, Williams and especially Brooks played very well.

Folks, this is a PRESEASON game coming after a short training camp with limited hitting and tackling. Neither Fred Jackson nor CJ Spiller ran the ball.

Yikes ... that needs to be a thread ... are we trying to trade Jackson? Is he in Chan's Dog House? Does Fitz hate him? I am so unsettled by the fact that our offense didn't run the ball once ... it must mean we aren't going to run at all this year. Didn't Gailey notice the yards Spiller and Jackson gained last year? WOE IS ME ... oh oh oh WOE IS ME!

If our defense would give up only 7 points in every game, life would be great! What concerned me the most? WRs.