What Bills players are you excited to see in preseason game 1??

I'm especially anxious to see Gilmore, Glenn, Dareus, Merriman, Ma. Williams, Sheppard, A. Williams, Fitzpatrick, V. Young.

Gilmore - He has been hyped beyond belief........already drawing comparisons to Revis. Will he be the shutdown corner that we desperately need??

Glenn - Is he better than Hairston?? Is he ready to be a starting LT in the NFL?? Will he look a out of place or will he fit right in??

Dareus - I expect a monster year from Marcel this year. With much better players around him he will blow up anyone who tries to block him 1v1.

Merriman - He's put in the hard work to get himself back to where he once was. I'm anxious to see if he has the explosiveness that he once had. Will he stand out as a pass rusher??

Ma. Williams - We probably won't get to see much of him this week. I'm excited to see what he brings to the table. We know he can be a force rushing the passer, but can he stop the run?? Can he set the edge vs running plays to his side?? Will he be a visible leader on the field??

Sheppard - Wannstedt said that this guy is taylor made for his 4-3 defense. I want to see that for myself. Will he position himself well to make plays?? Can he shed blockers and get to the ball carrier before he turns up field?? Will he be directing players or will he be taking direction from the vets?? Will he be a tackling machine and draw comparisons to Wanny's former Miami MLB Z. Thomas?? We just don't know at this point......haven't seen him play much.

A. Williams - This guy is a smooth athlete and has good size for a CB. I thought he showed some play making ability last year before he got injured. I want to see that he show signs of confidence on the field and that he belongs as a starting NFL CB. He will certainly be an important player for us.

Fitzpatrick - He threw way too many INTs last year (the most in the league). I'm interested to see if he actually has improved his mechanics under guru QB Coach Lee. Is he confident and is he directing everybody on offense. Does he have a rapport with one or more of his receivers?? Does he show poise under pressure??

V. Young - Never thought I would ever see him in a Bills uniform. He's definitely a stud athlete so I'd like to see signs of that. Can he throw the ball accurately on a consistent basis?? Does he know what he's doing?? Will he play like a guy that wanta to stick with the Bills as their #2 QB??

i really want to see what kind of raw skills a few new guys will bring. i say raw because right now there isn't going to be much polish on these guys, but definately interested in glenn (and hairston), bradham, carder and moats at lb, and the host of young unproven guys at wr.

The starters on both sides of the ball. They're only going to get about 20 snaps, so I want to see what they can do and how they play together as a team. While some of the points above are fine, some are kind of silly too. If the defensive line can't bring pressure on opposing QB's, we WON'T get to see if Gilmore is a shutdown corner. Every corner in the NFL will get beat if the WR they're trying to defend has time. Vince Young? Really? It's already been said in camp that he's a mental midget that doesn't get the offense and isn't likely to overtake Thigpen on the depth chart. I could give a rat's about our third string quarterback. We might as well be talking about who the backup punter would be if Moorman gets hurt. LOL.

To me pre season a necessary evil, where I am relieved when it is over and teams prospects not unduly altered by injury. Two question marks of concern for me are at wide receiver and backup quarterback , will be interested to see how competition for these positions plays out.

Ready to see our new n improved defensive front,mainly the front four.and also see if merriman is back to his lights out days.

Just the rookies and Moats.

I'm looking forward to seeing our starters on the sidelines with their pads off.

GO BILLS!!!

Who is going to separate himself as the 2nd WR from that pack. Will Hagan, who is having a terrific camp, show that on the field. I am really not impressed with Donald Jones.

Oddly enough, UDFA punter Shaun Powell.

I hope he gets a chance to show his stuff in the pre-season games. He has shown the ability to the pin the ball deep at FSU.

Also, Nigel Bradham could be a fun guy to watch.

If the Bills are going to keep him (in PS), I doubt they are going to show him to the NFL too much.