Who should the VP pick for Romney be?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The obvious choice is Chris Christie. Romney really is in desperate need of a "muscle" wingman (insert yawner fat joke here) to go against the Chicago sleazoid-style politics that Reid and Pelosi have rolled out the sneak preview of this week.

It's not in Romney to do that day-in day-out dirty work that happens to be in Christie's wheelhouse. I think that their styles complement each other very well. I like his chances since he's been rarely mentioned of late. Romney wants to have that WOW factor and I'm sure that their campaign has put out a whole lot of false leaks to ward off his real choice.

The obvious choice is Chris Christie. Romney really is in desperate need of a "muscle" wingman (insert yawner fat joke here) to go against the Chicago sleazoid-style politics that Reid and Pelosi have rolled out the sneak preview of this week.

It's not in Romney to do that day-in day-out dirty work that happens to be in Christie's wheelhouse. I think that their styles complement each other very well. I like his chances since he's been rarely mentioned of late. Romney wants to have that WOW factor and I'm sure that their campaign has put out a whole lot of false leaks to ward off his real choice.

Romney's problem is that the VP is not supposed to overshadow the Pres. That's going to be hard for him since his personality and presence has the consistancy of tapiocca pudding.

Drudge is trying to talk up the possibility of General Patreaus or as Moveon.org would say

General "Betray us"

Definitely would be a surprise pick, he could add beef to Romney's Foreign policy, but I'm not sure he would be effective on the stump. Also, could he really attack Obama on Foreign policy? Wouldn't that be controversial?

In any case, I'm guessing that's just Drudge stirring the pot.

Drudge is trying to talk up the possibility of General Patreaus or as Moveon.org would say

General "Betray us"

Definitely would be a surprise pick, he could add beef to Romney's Foreign policy, but I'm not sure he would be effective on the stump. Also, could he really attack Obama on Foreign policy? Wouldn't that be controversial?

In any case, I'm guessing that's just Drudge stirring the pot.

That would be a pretty stupid pick, I think...you already hear the vague rumblings of "war-mongering neo-con" from the fringe left. Making a general the VP selection would move that out of the fringe and into the campaign proper.

Romney's problem is that the VP is not supposed to overshadow the Pres. That's going to be hard for him since his personality and presence has the consistancy of tapiocca pudding.

I think they would work well together and could possibly have a Crosby/Hope "road to..." type of chemistry.

This campaign is going to get VERY dirty and I think Romney will be making a huge mistake if he goes with "nice", "plain" and "boring".

What would make it interesting is that a) he is a very popular war hero b) he is the CIA director appointed by who?

He could be an appealing pick, definitely hard for the Obama attack machine to go after. Having said that, I don't believe he'd be the right pick.

Who should he pick? Gov. Susanna Martinez from NM. She was on the record early this year that she will absolutely not accept a VP nod no matter who is the nominee. Sucks, b/c I really think she makes a great executive in terms of actually getting things done where there is agreement, working with anyone who shows up, but not abandoning her positions to do it. She will be speaking at the GOP convention. I hope it's a springboard for national politics in her future, as it's been for others. She will be a great voice for the party whenever she decides it's time.

Who will he pick? My thought was on Portman up until yesterday, just based on electoral college reasoning and what I've seen. And then McDonnell came out with a hell of an op-ed on the White House's changes to welfare that gut the work requirement and provide another pipeline for public dollars to go to Obama's core constituency where they don't have to lift a :censored: finger.

So the question becomes partly Ohio or Virgina? Then it becomes who's going to bring the baseball bat when it's time to go behind the woodshed? I dunno. Either one or even another candidate might do fine. But I like that McDonnell is showing some chops and is not afraid to lay it on in the national media already.

I'd like Rubio but I suspect he'll go Portman. While I heard recently there is significant evidence that suggests a VP will deliver their state, he wants a governor and needs Ohio.

On the upside, he doesn't face the same choice Obama had to make, which was to pick the biggest dumbass known to mankind so when Obama says stupid stuff like "57 states" it barely registers when his VP talks about that little three-letter word. Jobs. J-O-B-S!

Stand up, Chuck!

I'd like Rubio but I suspect he'll go Portman. While I heard recently there is significant evidence that suggests a VP will deliver their state, he wants a governor and needs Ohio.

On the upside, he doesn't face the same choice Obama had to make, which was to pick the biggest dumbass known to mankind so when Obama says stupid stuff like "57 states" it barely registers when his VP talks about that little three-letter word. Jobs. J-O-B-S!

Stand up, Chuck!

Best quote since Dan Quayle said the Vice Presidency could be summed up in one word: "to be prepared".