Brawl at Jets Camp

5 Wide

Fights are not really that big of a deal at camp. I mean it is hot,you are with the same group of guys day and night for weeks on time. You are awy from your home and family. Mix it all together and add in a bunch of competitive guys, fights will happen. Some coaches even ensight or egg on a fight every now and then.

I remember playing in college and during camp we had two guys get in a fight in the lunch line. They were good buddies but the stress of it all builds and finally explodes.

Now if it had been Sanchez getting body slammed by tebow during qb drills, that would be a different story.

Fights are not really that big of a deal at camp. I mean it is hot,you are with the same group of guys day and night for weeks on time. You are awy from your home and family. Mix it all together and add in a bunch of competitive guys, fights will happen. Some coaches even ensight or egg on a fight every now and then.

I remember playing in college and during camp we had two guys get in a fight in the lunch line. They were good buddies but the stress of it all builds and finally explodes.

Now if it had been Sanchez getting body slammed by tebow during qb drills, that would be a different story.

2 players fighting is not a big deal, and actually something coaches want to see in certain circumstances, agreed. But 20 players having to jump in is a bit much, and shows just how out of control that team is getting.

2 players fighting is not a big deal, and actually something coaches want to see in certain circumstances, agreed. But 20 players having to jump in is a bit much, and shows just how out of control that team is getting.

Exactly - a couple guys ripping facemasks and going to the ground is one thing. It also broke out a few feet from the crowd. This video shows it literally was almost right in the crowd of fans http://www.telly.com/M1ML9?fromtwitvid=1

The good old jests... I can't seem to get away from them... I took my x to go watch Ted last night (i know it came out over a month ago) and found out Flash Gordon was playing as a QB for the N.J. Jests... I never knew that...

The way I feel about the jests is how I used to feel about homosexuals... I used to look at them as strange, but now I'm learning to accept them cuz they're everywhere... Even Obama is talking about them... Granted it wasn't necessarily positive talk from Obama but all media is good media in that business... Especially when the president of the U.S. mentions you....

Ahhhhhh the good old freakin jests... Can't wait to face them week one and see good old Rexy throwing his headset on the ground...

There is no way in hell that this team does not implode this year....

I'm almost as excited to see that as I am for the Bills season. :lol:

There's a reason jokers like Ryan have a short shelf life as a head coach; they just can't control all the jerks they couldn't help but sign.

I'm almost as excited to see that as I am for the Bills season. :lol:

There's a reason jokers like Ryan have a short shelf life as a head coach; they just can't control all the jerks they couldn't help but sign.

I totally agree and share your feelings. With a WR like Holmes and his mouth, ARC claiming to be the second best WR on the team, Sanchez/Tebow, Maybin TG's blog post 'Aaron Maybin pretends he has veteran perspective', Rex already talking crap saying we have to watch out for Timmy...

Yes, fights happen in camp all the time, but one involving a player who is a coach's son who gets a ball chucked at his facemask, is on the receiving end of a right overhand, is broken up by about players and looks to occur real close to the fans...

This is just an undisciplined team being led by an undisciplined jerk...

There is no way in hell that this team does not implode this year....

We can certainly hope. I'm done predicting anything in any sport anymore, as anything can happen.

But I will say, that starting with the snide comments coming out of the Jets locker room about Sanchez possibly returning as the starting QB this year, I thought that they were in big trouble.

A fight is nothing in the scheme of things, but I'm not sure Ryan has a good handle on these guys anymore.

The swag has limits, and I think Ryan may have crossed them with the antics he actively promotes.

Meanwhile Aaron Maybin and his incredible shrinking biceps walked sheepishly to the other side of the field and had a cold cup of Gatorade.

You clearly mean he did this after hopping off the pile and celebrating something he didn't do...

Meanwhile Aaron Maybin and his incredible shrinking biceps walked sheepishly to the other side of the field and had a cold cup of Gatorade.

actually...according to

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini

Chippy today: Revis, Cumberland brief shoving match, Maybin steps in. #Jets

You clearly mean he did this after hopping off the pile and celebrating something he didn't do...

darn, did I leave that out? details, details

actually...according to

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini

Chippy today: Revis, Cumberland brief shoving match, Maybin steps in. #Jets

Maybin (whispering): Rich, psssst...buddy ol' pal, do me a solid and tweet that I was in the fight would ya?

Rich: But..but... Aaron, I just saw you talking to those two chicks over by the Gatorade table...

Maybin: Dude, look at my biceps.

Rich: OK, Mr. Maybin