Backup QB - Matt Moore?

Booger

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. How's Jimmy Clausen doing these days? Still mad that Buffalo didn't use their 1st round pick on him? :oops: Just give up, admit you were terribly, terribly wrong, and send me my beer. :beer:

Clausen is on the same team and backs up the best young QB in the game. Now LeFevour, the guy that you were clamoring for, is on his 4th team in two years and has yet to make a gameday roster. What exactly were the terms of our bet? If Cam goes down and Clausen steps in and plays well, I believe a delicious case of Sams Octoberfest is coming my way.

Btw, Clausen would've been a WAYYYYYYY better pick than that big fat tub O GOO Troupe!

Matt Moore will start for Miami all this season until they are out of it, same time frame as Buffalo.

Moore is already better than Fitzpatrick, his numbers don't lie, there is no possible way anyone can look at numbers and wins and losses and not say Moore is better than Fitz.

Matt Moore will start for Miami all this season until they are out of it, same time frame as Buffalo.

Moore is already better than Fitzpatrick, his numbers don't lie, there is no possible way anyone can look at numbers and wins and losses and not say Moore is better than Fitz.

OMG! :wallbash:

Good morning, Troll.

OMG! :wallbash:

Fitz is 18-33-1 on bad teams as a starter, with a 75 QB rating, 68 TDs and 65 INTs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00.htm

Moore is 13-12 on bad teams as a starter, with a 80 QB rating, and 32 TDs and 26 INTs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoorMa01.htm

Moore was significantly better than Fitz last year, and it was his first time with really extended starts, he is trending upwards and Fitz obviously downwards. Moore had an 87 QB rating last year, and Fitz had a 79.

Edited by paintmyhouse

Clausen is on the same team and backs up the best young QB in the game. Now LeFevour, the guy that you were clamoring for, is on his 4th team in two years and has yet to make a gameday roster. What exactly were the terms of our bet? If Cam goes down and Clausen steps in and plays well, I believe a delicious case of Sams Octoberfest is coming my way.

Btw, Clausen would've been a WAYYYYYYY better pick than that big fat tub O GOO Troupe!

Maybe they can sign TO too and win a Super Bowl.

PTR

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the backup QB job as important as I once did. The Bills are pretty much like everyone else, including the defending SB champions- if they lose their starting QB for more than a game or two, things are probably sunk for the season. There's no way to keep a player who could start and win games as a backup these days. You're really just trying to get a decent game or two from your backup. In the Bills case you just hope that your defense and running game can deliver a win in those one or two games.

Yea good thing the Rams lost Trent Green, Packers lost Don Majkowski, and the Pats lost Drew Bledsoe. They completely lost their season when Kurt Warner, Brett Favre, and Tom Brady took over. :rolleyes:

Edited by FleaMoulds80

Fitz is 18-33-1 on bad teams as a starter, with a 75 QB rating, 68 TDs and 65 INTs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00.htm

Moore is 13-12 on bad teams as a starter, with a 80 QB rating, and 32 TDs and 26 INTs.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MoorMa01.htm

Moore was significantly better than Fitz last year, and it was his first time with really extended starts, he is trending upwards and Fitz obviously downwards. Moore had an 87 QB rating last year, and Fitz had a 79.

Only a moron would think (W-L) records indicate the ability of a QB. No one can possibly be that obtuse.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see the backup QB job as important as I once did. The Bills are pretty much like everyone else, including the defending SB champions- if they lose their starting QB for more than a game or two, things are probably sunk for the season. There's no way to keep a player who could start and win games as a backup these days. You're really just trying to get a decent game or two from your backup. In the Bills case you just hope that your defense and running game can deliver a win in those one or two games.

Last year, the backup QB could have played a very important role for this team if they had one that they had any confidence in. The Bills lost seven straight games with an injured Ryan Fitzpatrick because they didn't have enough confidence in Thigpen to let him start. They need VY to step up and grasp this offense, just in case they need him.

1) Clausen is their 3rd string QB and didn't even dress for most games. So in that case, he's the exact same as Troupe.

2) Classy making fun of a guy with a back problem. At least Troupe has an injury excuse. Clausen has a "suck as NFL QB" excuse.

3) You don't see the difference between you wanting to draft Clausen in the 1st and calling the Bills out on it than me wanting to draft Lefeveour in the 4th as a development QB?

4) Maybin just led the Jets in sacks. I don't miss him at all but it's worth noting.

I like you man but just admit you were wrong. You just look foolish otherwise. :thumbsup:

1) Clausen is their 3rd string QB and didn't even dress for most games. So in that case, he's the exact same as Troupe.

2) Classy making fun of a guy with a back problem. At least Troupe has an injury excuse. Clausen has a "suck as NFL QB" excuse.

3) You don't see the difference between you wanting to draft Clausen in the 1st and calling the Bills out on it than me wanting to draft Lefeveour in the 4th as a development QB?

4) Maybin just led the Jets in sacks. I don't miss him at all but it's worth noting.

I like you man but just admit you were wrong. You just look foolish otherwise. :thumbsup:

1) Is Clausen's career over? He came out as a true junior so he's still very young. I'll pay my debts when the bet is won.

2)I love how you always pull the "classy" card. I make fun of you all the time and you're obviously disabled in some way. :lol:

3)I wanted Clausen in the second. Get your facts straight. About LeFevour, you saw the guy play once and hung up posters on your wall.

4)Maybin was a complete joke here and will never be an every down player. The Jets cut him before last season too. He had 10 tackles and 6 sacks and that is what you are "noting"?

It's not about me admitting that I'm wrong, it's about me believing that he can play. Certainly to this point he's been non existent but so were a lot of QBs at this point in their careers.

Go paint your own house. But wear a mask because you don't want the fumes making it worse for you.

Only a moron would think (W-L) records indicate the ability of a QB. No one can possibly be that obtuse.

That is utterly rediculous to say. Everyone knows the QB is all that matters. If the bills had a QB like Flacco they would be peranial playoff contenders.

I was going to say Manning or Roethlesberger but they can't seem to string winning seasons together. Wierd even though it's the same guy, one year they win it all, the next year they don't even get in post season.

Id even settle for just one amazing season like TJ Yates, Tebow and Alex Smith had last year....

Let's go trade Mario, Kyle and Darius for Yates.

On a less sarcastic note. I love the phins Tanninhill pick, I feel it will do for them what Rob Johnson did for buffalo.

That is utterly rediculous to say. Everyone knows the QB is all that matters. If the bills had a QB like Flacco they would be peranial playoff contenders.

I was going to say Manning or Roethlesberger but they can't seem to string winning seasons together. Wierd even though it's the same guy, one year they win it all, the next year they don't even get in post season.

Id even settle for just one amazing season like TJ Yates, Tebow and Alex Smith had last year....

Let's go trade Mario, Kyle and Darius for Yates.

On a less sarcastic note. I love the phins Tanninhill pick, I feel it will do for them what Rob Johnson did for buffalo.

You had me for a minute. Well played!

1) Is Clausen's career over? He came out as a true junior so he's still very young. I'll pay my debts when the bet is won.

2)I love how you always pull the "classy" card. I make fun of you all the time and you're obviously disabled in some way. :lol:

3)I wanted Clausen in the second. Get your facts straight. About LeFevour, you saw the guy play once and hung up posters on your wall.

4)Maybin was a complete joke here and will never be an every down player. The Jets cut him before last season too. He had 10 tackles and 6 sacks and that is what you are "noting"?

It's not about me admitting that I'm wrong, it's about me believing that he can play. Certainly to this point he's been non existent but so were a lot of QBs at this point in their careers.

Clausen got held back twice by his parents to get an athletic advantage in sports. He had a private QB coach since he was a kid. He peaked in high school!!!Seriously, he was worse than JP Losman.

I seriously doubt Chan Gailey would switch directions unless one of our top 2 backups seriously BOMBED

Thigpen has bombed since the day he became a Buffalo Bill -- both in preseason and in limited action spelling Fitz. I understand loyalty -- to a point -- but methinks the only reason he's still around is his past ties to Gailey.

And that's not a valid reason, imho.

BA

Thigpen has bombed since the day he became a Buffalo Bill -- both in preseason and in limited action spelling Fitz. I understand loyalty -- to a point -- but methinks the only reason he's still around is his past ties to Gailey.

And that's not a valid reason, imho.

BA

OR, is he around because NO OTHER qb has ties with Gailey?

Get a friggin room ferchrissakes