Santonio Holmes may have a broken rib

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- The Jets' top receiver, Santonio Holmes, may have broken a rib in tonight's Green and White scrimmage, coach Rex Ryan said."I don’t know if Santonio did break a rib or not, but the fact it as sticking out of his thing was prob an indicator," Ryan said. "But again, I'm sure he’ll be fine."

Holmes walked off the field with a trainer, not wearing his jersey, before the end of the scrimmage. Ryan said Holmes was hit in the ribs after a catch. The play he was injured on appears to be his final catch, for 7 yards, after which he was drilled by cornerback Antonio Cromartie.

Holmes has not yet had X-Rays, Ryan said, and the team is waiting for an update.

"He's a tough guy, but I don't think hes going to be running out there tomorrow or the next day," Ryan said. "But we'll see."

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2012/08/jets_receiver_santonio_holmes_4.html

Sounds like they are wanting to return to ground and pound, anyways. So, it might not be too big of a deal. Hooe our revamped line is ready to stop the run. :D

Interestingly while talking about the goal-line session from today's practice, Gailey said something along the lines of "our run defense is not one of my biggest concerns" and he said it with a bit of a smile/smirk.

I hope Gailey's right because both Miami and the Jets are talking about running the ball a lot more this year and the Cheaters**** are going to the double tight end as their base offense, I believe partly because it allows them to switch from a passing spread to a power run offense without substituting players.

It could be that San Fran, Houston, and a few other teams might have started a counter-trend in football back towards the run after about 3 decades of increased emphasis on the pass.

If he has a broken rib will he be back in time for bIlls opener?

depends on how bad it is but since we still have five weeks to go i doubt it. regardless, it will hamper his preseason preparation and if he does make it back for the opener he will likely have to protect it with padding further reducing his effectiveness

depends on how bad it is but since we still have five weeks to go i doubt it. regardless, it will hamper his preseason preparation and if he does make it back for the opener he will likely have to protect it with padding further reducing his effectiveness

It's nice that this happens in the context of a new offensive coordinator and a jumble at the QB position.

Probably a good topic in-and-of-itself but our rivals in the AFC East have had generally bad things happen to them this offseason.

When you tally all the injuries, retirements, and controversies, it's very arguable that not only have the Bills had a great offseason but that their divisional rivals have all had poor offseasons.

It's not really a stretch to say this at all.

He doesn't have a broken rib, results came back negative. It's bruised ribs, and he's listed as day to day, and will probably miss the first pre-season game only. Still, it hurts the Jets preparation.

Results dd reveal a large growth of ass around his brain

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack