Rex warns Bills to be ready for Tebow

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad Things Tim. Bad things.

Can you hear them coming? Listen close and feel the ground. Those sounds and ground shaking are the hooves of four Buffalo Bills pounding the earth and headed directly for you and your little friend Mark.

Are you guys kidding me? Did I read the same article posted? You all are way over sensitive. He was probably asked a question about the tebow wildcat package and answered it a lot more concisely than most of his retorts. Must be that tie of the month at the Wall.

Are you guys kidding me? Did I read the same article posted? You all are way over sensitive. He was probably asked a question about the tebow wildcat package and answered it a lot more concisely than most of his retorts. Must be that tie of the month at the Wall.

I thought his comments were fairly mild but there's this:

Why did he feel compelled to mention the Buffalo Bills? Just because we're the week one opponent?

Are we the only team this season who'll have to prepare for the Wildcat? Why even mention us?

I personally don't think spitting towards the other dugout after striking out the side is a big deal.

But disrespect is in the eye of the subject.

We're not the subject.

Why wouldn't he just say, "our opponents are gonna have to prepare for the Wildcat."

Is Gailey or any other coach gonna make a similar statement as Rex did by suggesting that his team will provide a unique problem to a specific opponent?

Hopefully gailey doesn't let Rex get into his head like last year and just ignores him.

And all kidding aside, if I could pick jets starter id pick Sanchez. Think he's a bum and you know exacty what you're going to Get from him. Tebow is more unknown , a "wildcard" perhaps ". Demonstrably much better leadership traits than Sanchez, the latter residing over the most Messed up locker room in nfl, openly feuding with #1 WR and taking heat from others in the media. Jets have leadership vacuum with him as starting qb. I also thought tevows much maligned aRm looked pretty darn good in last years playoff win over steelers, he showed a lot of progress. One game fluke or lasting improvement from technique work, I don't know. Another resson I'd rather face that dud Sanchez.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I thought his comments were fairly mild but there's this:

Why did he feel compelled to mention the Buffalo Bills? Just because we're the week one opponent?

Are we the only team this season who'll have to prepare for the Wildcat? Why even mention us?

I personally don't think spitting towards the other dugout after striking out the side is a big deal.

But disrespect is in the eye of the subject.

We're not the subject.

Why wouldn't he just say, "our opponents are gonna have to prepare for the Wildcat."

Is Gailey or any other coach gonna make a similar statement as Rex did by suggesting that his team will provide a unique problem to a specific opponent?

I think the reason he mentioned the Bills specifically is what you suggested - we're the Week One opponent. After the first game, other teams will have a better idea of how the Jets plan to use Tebow. But the Bills are completely in the dark. We have no film to go on.

Rex is certainly a blowhard. But I personally don't feel these remarks about the Bills are offensive or even especially newsworthy. He's just making a valid observation.

Idle chatter like this is exactly why we need to lay down the LAW in week 1.

I don't want Rex bragging about his home opener to the media. I want him explaining to the ruthless NYC media why his fat, foot-worshippin' a$$ shouldn't be in the hot seat.