ESPN SportsNation Poll

bluenews

The Poll is in an AFC EAST blog. 2 of 3 are NFC teams and the only AFC East candidate is the Buffalo Bills. Gee, I wonder what team might rank highest in this poll. :doh:

its also in the the nfc east blog. Probably all the other conference blogs too

The Poll is in an AFC EAST blog. 2 of 3 are NFC teams and the only AFC East candidate is the Buffalo Bills. Gee, I wonder what team might rank highest in this poll. :doh:

Yep. And the short article next to the poll is about the Bills D-Line. Think maybe Bills fans are skewing the results?

Guys....while I expect them to be good they haven't proven anything yet!

This is such an odd statement that a lot of people are making. How have the not proven anything yet? these are not rookies that have never taken an nfl snap. Individually, these are all great players. Sure, they have a lot of things to prove as a unit, but individually, these players have proven a lot, even Dareus who has only been in the league one year and Anderson who I guess you can argue is a one year wonder.

These are great players with a great coordinator. They do have things to prove, but saying they haven't proven anything yet is a little dishonest, especially when there are pro bowl players involved.

I think that it is obvious this is going to be a very good line. The only question in my mind is "how good?"

And the biggest thing they have to prove is health with kyle, anderson, and mario all coming off injuries. other than that, they dont need to prove anything in reguards to talent.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

This is such an odd statement that a lot of people are making. How have the not proven anything yet? these are not rookies that have never taken an nfl snap. Individually, these are all great players. Sure, they have a lot of things to prove as a unit, but individually, these players have proven a lot, even Dareus who has only been in the league one year and Anderson who I guess you can argue is a one year wonder.

These are great players with a great coordinator. They do have things to prove, but saying they haven't proven anything yet is a little dishonest, especially when there are pro bowl players involved.

I think that it is obvious this is going to be a very good line. The only question in my mind is "how good?"

And the biggest thing they have to prove is health with kyle, anderson, and mario all coming off injuries. other than that, they dont need to prove anything in reguards to talent.

2 Year wonder

Dolphin fans are blowing up the Comment section below the poll, obviously hurt that their D-line wasn't in the poll, thus invalidating the results. The "Dolly D", now a 4-3, won't be a bad one, but it ain't Bills-Ravens-Giants material IMHO.

See: Eagles.

Anyway, the poll doesn't ask which is the most "talented D-Line". Since no one has ever seen them play together (you know, as a "D-line") then you can't really pick the Bills.

See: Eagles.

Anyway, the poll doesn't ask which is the most "talented D-Line". Since no one has ever seen them play together (you know, as a "D-line") then you can't really pick the Bills.

but those guys had OBVIOUS work ethic and focus issues, and they were plugging people into odd holes... thats major.

our line has no hint of that. they are guys that have succeeded immensely doing what they will be asked to do here, and several are poster boys for what you look for in your stars (hard work, small ego, etc...). unless health is an issue, theres no reason to think they would fall apart. its just a matter of will they be very good or elite.

Edited by NoSaint

but those guys had OBVIOUS work ethic and focus issues, and they were plugging people into odd holes... thats major.

our line has no hint of that. they are guys that have succeeded immensely doing what they will be asked to do here, and several are poster boys for what you look for in your stars (hard work, small ego, etc...). unless health is an issue, theres no reason to think they would fall apart. its just a matter of will they be very good or elite.

Yeah but people weren't saying that at in the first week of August last year, which is where we are now.

Yes they should be a solid group. But until they play together, you can't claim they are the best.

Yeah but people weren't saying that at in the first week of August last year, which is where we are now.

Yes they should be a solid group. But until they play together, you can't claim they are the best.

people werent questioning vicks ability and desire to be great (and stay healthy) ? if desean could get over himself? if their oline coach could put together a coherent defensive scheme?

they had the talent to beat anyone, no doubt, and you saw that acknowledged big time. i didnt expect them to implode that badly but i didnt think they had the type of guys to win it all, but the type to be very dangerous any given week. fortunately we didnt invest in guys that had these types of questions. we are plugging good to great players that are very much professionals into what they do best.

whether the team excels, our linebackers excel, the young corners can hold on may be a different story, but short of injury theres really no reason to forecast doubt on the front 4. even if they dont have elite chemistry they really dont have a reason to expect them to just flop.

Edited by NoSaint