Is there room for Roosevelt?

Johnson, Easley, Graham, Nelson, Jones, Hagan are my locks at this point

Do we keep a 7th WR ? it would have to be Roosevelt...

There's NO room for him what so ever. Stevie, Jones, Graham, Easley, Nelson, and Hagan are pretty much locks IMO.

LOL, anyone else see it any different ?

Edited by ddaryl

Johnson, Easley, Graham, Nelson, Jones, Hagan are my locks at this point

Do we keep a 7th WR ? it would have to be Roosevelt...

LOL, anyone else see it any different ?

I disagree with your "locks."

And no we don't keep 7 WRs.

There's NO room for him what so ever. Stevie, Jones, Graham, Easley, Nelson, and Hagan are pretty much locks IMO.

You guys are crazy. The preseason hasn't even started yet. You're basing this off of what? 7 practices worth of Chris Brown's 3-minute highlight reels on buffalobills.com? Hagan is a lock? Maybe he's slightly ahead of him at this point, but by no means a "lock." Marcell Dareus is a lock. Let everything play out.

Hagan is a lock? Maybe he's slightly ahead of him at this point, but by no means a "lock."

Chan disagrees. Too strong: Chan is leaning in a different direction than you. The more I read the quote the more I see Chan hedging. Well, he said some good things about Hagan; let's leave it at that. (And now I am hedging, too.)

(Hagan) is taking advantage of his opportunity. Derek Hagan is working his rear end off out there. It is a great thing to see. He wants to make this football team and wants to be a big part of our offense. He has done a good job. He made some big plays out there today. He is making a real bid to be a near lock.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-2/Transcripts-HC-Gailey-QB-Fitzpatrick-WR-Hagan--RB-Brown/66c711a8-30bd-4552-89b6-4f4b6ebff0a3

kj

yea like I said, I really like the guy and his character but he just isn't talented enough. We need bigger faster guys and if its him or hagan I take hagan. If its him or easley (hopefully a healthy one) I take easley. He just doesn't match up to anyone in what seems to be a unanimous top 6. I have jones as the 6th best.

Because of his hard work I expect him to make the practice squad if he doesn't edge someone out for a roster spot. Would be good for the coaches to get one full year of Easley, Hagan and Jones. If any one of these guys messes up, gets injured (again) or shows no improvement I'd expect Namaan to get a shot.

No sense in keeping him on the practice squad...someone will pick him up as he is better than some #4 and #5 wrs on other rosters.

Barring injury, I don't see any way he makes this team. There is a reasonable chance that the Bills will only keep 5 WRs despite the amount of four wide sets they use. This will all depend on whether they want to keep guys like Dorin Dickerson as an X factor H back, or a guy like Potter as an extra kicker.

Normally we would keep 6 or even 7 WR but Spiller or FredEx are going to play a lot of WR roles and run their routes, and Brad Smith is going to get a few plays a game, too, or at least be the de facto #6 WR. So there is a real chance, because if the Bills keep 5 they are really still having 8. Chances are, they simply won't want to cut Hagan and Easley because they think they can both play and help the team, especially when someone gets hobbled or hurt, which would be 6 (counting SJ, Nelson and Graham as locks, and DJones as nearly a lock).

But I don't see any way that Naaman survives the final cut unless two WR get hurt between now and the start of the season. There is a decent chance that he could be signed by another team, but it will be tough for him to latch on immediately because he is likely to last until the final cuts.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Chan disagrees. Too strong: Chan is leaning in a different direction than you. The more I read the quote the more I see Chan hedging. Well, he said some good things about Hagan; let's leave it at that. (And now I am hedging, too.)

http://www.buffalobi...b6-4f4b6ebff0a3

The thing is, Chan has a prior history of saying very positive things about a player - just before he lowers the boom. The "near lock" thing is more concrete than usual, but the concrete is still kinda mushy.

I disagree with your "locks."

So who would you choose right now?

IMO we have 4 locks + a slash lock

Johnson, Graham, Nelson, Jones

We kept 5 receivers last year (+1)

with all of our options CJ, Fred, Chandler, FB/HB I'm not so sure that he goes for a 6th WR this year.

That means one spot open for Easley & Hagan, with Hagan right now a little in the lead.

Last few cuts on this team are going to be hard this year.