Pats* WRs are an OLD group

eball

For whatever reason, I took a gander at the Pats* roster and was sort of stunned to see the ages of their WR corps:

33 - Branch

31 - Gaffney, Lloyd, Stallworth, Welker

The only guy under 30 they'll likely keep on that squad (along with the five listed above) is Edelman.

With Brady at 34, that team sure isn't getting any younger at the skill positions.

Of course, Gronk and Hernandez are young pups at 23 and 22.

Don't know what all of this means, but it was surprising to me nonetheless.

I keep hearing or reading older, retired players saying that if they played in today's NFL they would have been able to play into their late 30's, early 40's. I would guess Brady sees another 4 or 5 years until he retires. I think, in the short term - the next few years - those older players will, as long as they remain fast enough, make their offense extremely difficult to defend, with all their combined experience, and with Brady throwing to them, in that offense.

However - I'm hoping the Bills Defensive line makes playing through this season, let alone another 4 or 5, mighty difficult for Brady! Even though he may be in good shape, older players don't heal like they did in their youth, and they don't take hits as well, either - and Brady never handled getting hit even in his prime.

I keep hearing or reading older, retired players saying that if they played in today's NFL they would have been able to play into their late 30's, early 40's. I would guess Brady sees another 4 or 5 years until he retires. I think, in the short term - the next few years - those older players will, as long as they remain fast enough, make their offense extremely difficult to defend, with all their combined experience, and with Brady throwing to them, in that offense.

However - I'm hoping the Bills Defensive line makes playing through this season, let alone another 4 or 5, mighty difficult for Brady! Even though he may be in good shape, older players don't heal like they did in their youth, and they don't take hits as well, either - and Brady never handled getting hit even in his prime.

I guess this is a bit of what I'm thinking (perhaps wishfully)...a little less speed, a little easier to get "nicked up"...

The Pats aren't getting better. They are only getting older. Fhier days will soon come Ronan end and will again be the laughing stock of the NFL. Once Brady is done, Elker won't be far behind and the rest of fhier WRs are there also. They have never had a run game and thier defense is horrendous. Belicheck isn't able to pull off amazing drafts like in previous years and it's only 2-3 years after Brady goes that Bill will get the ax as he shows it was all Brady in most recent years making up for the deteriorating defense from thier SuperBowl wins. Brings me back to the point that Superbowls are won by defenses. Since Brady was in the league he's been to 5 SBs and won 3. The 3 he won was by less than 9 points total and at the time he had one of the better defenses in the league to play behind. As the years have went on and the defense has become invisable yet Brady has emerged as a HOF QB statistically putting up records for TDs, yards and interceptions yet he has lost 2 SBs against a team with a much better defense. I know all this is for another thread. I am bored while my woman is shopping and I was on the subject. Hope you all enjoyed.

The Pats aren't getting better. They are only getting older. Fhier days will soon come Ronan end and will again be the laughing stock of the NFL. Once Brady is done, Elker won't be far behind and the rest of fhier WRs are there also. They have never had a run game and thier defense is horrendous. Belicheck isn't able to pull off amazing drafts like in previous years and it's only 2-3 years after Brady goes that Bill will get the ax as he shows it was all Brady in most recent years making up for the deteriorating defense from thier SuperBowl wins. Brings me back to the point that Superbowls are won by defenses. Since Brady was in the league he's been to 5 SBs and won 3. The 3 he won was by less than 9 points total and at the time he had one of the better defenses in the league to play behind. As the years have went on and the defense has become invisable yet Brady has emerged as a HOF QB statistically putting up records for TDs, yards and interceptions yet he has lost 2 SBs against a team with a much better defense. I know all this is for another thread. I am bored while my woman is shopping and I was on the subject. Hope you all enjoyed.

Unfortunately for us, Brady is not getting any worse with his age and could play for another 5 years at this level without really surprising anyone.. As far as his WRs go, I really don't think it matters a whole lot who is lining up for them outside. Brady turns average receivers into good ones and good receivers into great ones. Plus he's got those TEs locked up.

I hope you're right about the pats being done after brady.. I'm worried that this team is going to get lucky with another stud QB.

The Pats have won 27 games against just 5 losses the last 2 seasons and were 1 uncharacteristic pass incompletion, late in the game, away from winning last years SB. They don't need to get better; if they just stay the course they'll be a heavy SB favorite.

FTR, the Giants defense actually gave up more points per game (25 PPG) than did the Pats defense (21.4 PPG) last year.

HGH is a hell of a drug

This is the most relevant post in the thread. Since the nfl clearly doesn't care about PEDs, the pats receivers will be just fine. They don't test for HGH and it is EASY to use roids and not get caught. So if you are a guy who is smart and works hard, you can hang onto your super powers quite a bit longer these days. 31 ain't what it used to be.

The Pats have won 27 games against just 5 losses the last 2 seasons and were 1 uncharacteristic pass incompletion, late in the game, away from winning last years SB. They don't need to get better; if they just stay the course they'll be a heavy SB favorite.

Conversely, they were three missed kicks from losing the 01, 03, and 04 SBs.

The one team they beat last year that had a winning record, Baltimore, coughed the game away. Not exactly fear inspiring stuff.

Conversely, they were three missed kicks from losing the 01, 03, and 04 SBs.

The one team they beat last year that had a winning record, Baltimore, coughed the game away. Not exactly fear inspiring stuff.

It is a game of inches as they say. Like it or not, the reality is, the Pats have consistently been dominant in this league over the last decade and, on point to someone suggesting they are in decline .... their recent record points to wishful thinking versus factual numbers showing said decline.

It is a game of inches as they say. Like it or not, the reality is, the Pats have consistently been dominant in this league over the last decade and, on point to someone suggesting they are in decline .... their recent record points to wishful thinking versus factual numbers showing said decline.

Maybe not this year, but that day will indeed come and then you can go back to rooting for the 'Boys or the Stillers or whoever the hot team is at that moment. If it's us, then you might out of luck, unless of course you change your user name and create another "fan identity" like so many other frontrunners do....

This is the most relevant post in the thread. Since the nfl clearly doesn't care about PEDs, the pats receivers will be just fine. They don't test for HGH and it is EASY to use roids and not get caught. So if you are a guy who is smart and works hard, you can hang onto your super powers quite a bit longer these days. 31 ain't what it used to be.

HGH testing is supposed to begin by September, at least what the US Gov. wants.

HGH testing is supposed to begin by September, at least what the US Gov. wants.

right now I wouldnt trade our Dline for Brady, and I think our Dline will end up creating wins for us VS brady. I just dont see how you can block williams, williams,dareus,anderson, and merriman all on the same play. Ya we could have an injury but wed still have 4 of those guys plus moats! if the pats lose Brady,just 1 guy, theyre done!

FTR, the Giants defense actually gave up more points per game (25 PPG) than did the Pats defense (21.4 PPG) last year.

The Pats only beat 1 team last season with a winning record & that was the Ravens. The Ravens shot themselves in the foot twice and blew the game, otherwise it would have been a Ravens/Giants Superbowl.

While Brady is getting older, he also put up the best stats of his career last season. Hate to say it, barring a major injury, Brady could play until he is 40 (maybe a little longer).

right now I wouldnt trade our Dline for Brady, and I think our Dline will end up creating wins for us VS brady. I just dont see how you can block williams, williams,dareus,anderson, and merriman all on the same play. Ya we could have an injury but wed still have 4 of those guys plus moats! if the pats lose Brady,just 1 guy, theyre done!

I agree 100% This is the type of D-line the Bills should of had all along with playing against Brady twice a year. Glad we finally have a smart enough GM to have realized it.

Right but this is not a stone to hurl at the Pats, without pointing the finger elsewhere too. I'd never have accused Maybin of juicing, but I am sure there were/are Bills juicing. I mean it was rampant in high school football..... How could it not be in the pros when the stakes are so much higher?