Easley and WR's have a big night practice

If someone can emerge and be a solid WR opposite Stevie Johnson our offense should be darn good. Easley is the x-factor. We don't really know what he brings to the table because he hasn't been able to stay on the field for health reasons. Graham looks to be really raw at this point- he's going to need time to develop. He could be the next Don Beebe :thumbsup: or James Hardy :thumbdown:

I am going against conventional wisdom and think the Bills are loaded at WR. Stevie is a true #1. Nelson is money. Easley and Hagan both have size and speed and will make teams reconsider stacking box trying to contain Spiller/Jackson. Graham has the size to line up outside and must be accounted for with his blazing speed. Jones is a good all around WR with great blocking skills and good hands.

My guess is the Bills keep 6 WR- Stevie, Hagan, Nelson, Easley, Graham, Jones. And I expect Spiller to explode this year and being able to strike from many different positions.

I am going against conventional wisdom and think the Bills are loaded at WR. Stevie is a true #1. Nelson is money. Easley and Hagan both have size and speed and will make teams reconsider stacking box trying to contain Spiller/Jackson. Graham has the size to line up outside and must be accounted for with his blazing speed. Jones is a good all around WR with great blocking skills and good hands.

My guess is the Bills keep 6 WR- Stevie, Hagan, Nelson, Easley, Graham, Jones. And I expect Spiller to explode this year and being able to strike from many different positions.

How does Graham "have the size" to line up outside? He's listed at 5-11 and 188 pounds on the depth chart. He's a threat because of his speed and not his size. Hagan and Easley are both 6-2 and in the 210 pound range so they make sense. Nelson is our biggest receiver at 6-5. If he can stay healthy, I think he's the legitimate #2 on the outside with Graham playing in the slot. Regardless of all that, I agree with you in terms of the Bills having a lot of potential at the position. The real key is their health. As a prime example, Nelson left the first full practice in pads on Saturday with an injury. They say it's minor, but it still takes him off the field for a day.

How does Graham "have the size" to line up outside? He's listed at 5-11 and 188 pounds on the depth chart. He's a threat because of his speed and not his size. Hagan and Easley are both 6-2 and in the 210 pound range so they make sense. Nelson is our biggest receiver at 6-5. If he can stay healthy, I think he's the legitimate #2 on the outside with Graham playing in the slot. Regardless of all that, I agree with you in terms of the Bills having a lot of potential at the position. The real key is their health. As a prime example, Nelson left the first full practice in pads on Saturday with an injury. They say it's minor, but it still takes him off the field for a day.

Desean jackson is what 5'8'' 170 soaking wet with cowboy boots on? He does fine on the outside. Its not about the size of the dog, but the size of the fight in the dog

Desean jackson is what 5'8'' 170 soaking wet with cowboy boots on? He does fine on the outside. Its not about the size of the dog, but the size of the fight in the dog

That's not the argument that was being made nor what I challenged. BTW, DeSean Jackson is listed on the Phily roster at 5-10 and 175 pounds. He's a little bigger than you represent him to be. Regardless, comparing Graham to Jackson at this point is quite a bit of a stretch. Being hopeful that he'll turn out to be that good is fine and I share a lot of hope that the team as a whole will be a much better product than the last decade.

That's not the argument that was being made nor what I challenged. BTW, DeSean Jackson is listed on the Phily roster at 5-10 and 175 pounds. He's a little bigger than you represent him to be. Regardless, comparing Graham to Jackson at this point is quite a bit of a stretch. Being hopeful that he'll turn out to be that good is fine and I share a lot of hope that the team as a whole will be a much better product than the last decade.

The Roster on Buffalobills.com lists TJ as 6'0" and 180lbs.

Nelson owns the slot position. I expect the Bills to have many 3 and 4 WR formations. That is how Graham will play outside. And the Bills brass said they drafted Graham to play outside. With Smith and Spiller and all our WR talent, and Gailey's creative play calling- I expect big things from this bunch.

I would like to see a footrace between Graham and DeSean. No disrespect to DeSean, but my money is on Graham. We need that speed on the outside that we lost when Evans left. That is why we drafted him in the 3rd round this year

I'm more surprised about what I'm hearing about Graham so far than Easley, Hagan or the other recievers. It sounds like he is taking his new job very seriously:

BB.com "Why Graham’s making progress"

When asked just how much studying he’s done with respect to the playbook and film, Graham wasn’t shy about admitting he’s been practically living with his playbook under his arm. But it’s paying off.

“A lot more than probably the average person,” he said. ”I always wanted to come in and contribute really early so I kind of had to pull my weight. There are a lot of temptations that make you want to go out at night or just go have fun during the summer. But I would just stay in and study.

Evans was/is a shade under 5'11" and 197#. Graham doesn't have as much weight, but if he can beat the jam, it doesn't matter much.

As far as the slot goes, that's going to be occupied by Nelson and, when we go to a four-receiver set, probably Donald Jones. That 4th receiver spot in that set is the other outside receiver, which will likely be either Easley or Graham. I'm actually pretty stoked about that group -- like Gailey implied, I think our receivers are going to be a lot better than most outsiders are giving them credit for.

It really is a classic 'No Name' offense. Their star receiver is just another Johnson, Fitzgera...er Fitzpatrick (what school again?) and a running back from DivIII. And those are the starters. No one remembers the O line til they get put up on some wall or in some hall.

Let's face it. We very well could win the SB this year and have an excellent offensive season and still I think these guys aren't household names like the Rodgers' and the Breeze's, et al.

And Steve Smith is only 5'9" and who wouldn't want him outside.