Luke Kuechly looking good.

True enough. Between the rumors, whispers, nevergiveup and you, I gather that the Bills had Barron, Kuechly and Gilmore rated high. And in the previous draft, they would have been happy with Newton, Von Miller and Dareus. So, it will be interesting to watch their careers. To a certain extent, the team they land in, their coaching and other players determine success, but in general cream rises to the top.

On the flip side, it will also be interesting to watch how the QBs we passed on in the last two drafts fare. I was of the opinion that we should have drafted one in the top 2 rounds in 2011 or 2012. The fact that we passed on a few implies that the FO had not pegged them high at our pick spot. Will be highly interesting to see if those were the right decisions.

what QB was still on the board when we drafted Troup?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were able to fill almost all need positions this draft and either Bradham or Carder have alot of upside imho. And Tank could play all 3 positions too and might be quite a player in time that might compare in general to Luke.

Cream does rise to the top Fan in Chicago i agree. it rises quicker in the right environment.

There is no way Kuechly was not at the upper top of Bills board.

One thing to consider possibly regardless of the details. Was Linebacker a more important position to place a #1 pick for us than corner at this level? I think we did well. i am saying that as if was the day i was surprised we picked him a little. The more i read the more i liked and felt very good about his skills and our needs.

All that being said.

Luke is one of my favorite youngsters coming up and i will be watching how he gets along. Ain't Nothin' wrong with that.

what QB was still on the board when we drafted Troup?

Seek and ye shall find. Troup still has more potential than any of these guys. Heck, the two taken before him have some question, too. 2010 was a crap year for QBs in the draft.

Jimmy Clausen

Colt McCoy

Michael Kafka

John Skelton

Jonathan Crompton

Rusty Smith

Dan LeFevour

Joe Webb

Tony Pike

Levi Brown

Sean Canfield

Zac Robinson

GO BILLS!!!

Mark Barron sounds like he is having him self a very good off-season so far. I feel very confident if we hadn't selected Gilmore and instead drafted Mark Barron, we would still have our selves one heck of a football player. I am rooting for the kid. I was secretly hoping for him. Him or Gilmore. Either way, I thought it would be something interesting to bring up.

Andrew Luck sounds like he is having him self a very good off-season so far. I feel very confident if we hadn't selected Gilmore and instead drafted Andrew Luck, we would still have our selves one heck of a football player. I am rooting for the kid. I was secretly hoping for him. Him or Gilmore. Either way, I thought it would be something interesting to bring up.

What were your thoughts on RG3?

Seek and ye shall find. Troup still has more potential than any of these guys. Heck, the two taken before him have some question, too. 2010 was a crap year for QBs in the draft.

Jimmy Clausen

Colt McCoy

Michael Kafka

John Skelton

Jonathan Crompton

Rusty Smith

Dan LeFevour

Joe Webb

Tony Pike

Levi Brown

Sean Canfield

Zac Robinson

GO BILLS!!!

We should have picked Levi Brown instead of Troup!

What were your thoughts on RG3?

Bob Griffin sounds like he is having him self a very good off-season so far. I feel very confident if we hadn't selected Gilmore and instead drafted Bob Griffin, we would still have our selves one heck of a football player. I am rooting for the kid. I was secretly hoping for him. Him or Gilmore. Either way, I thought it would be something interesting to bring up.

I did not say 2010. In 2011, Andy Dalton and Colin Kaepernick were picked right after Aaron Williams

I got what you were saying, I was just thinking that if there were any obvious guys still there at Troup's pick in '10, that guy would now be in year three of Chan's system. We were all so gung-ho over changing to 3-4 thinking we needed THAT guy in the middle. Ouch.

I know it's wishful thinking but it'd be nice to have that seed blooming right about now, we could jettison both Thigpen (talent) and Young (smarts). Oh well.

But on the other side of the coin, Troup's failure to live up to expectations has a portion to do with what has brought us to this point, so six in one...

I would be interested in hearing more about that.

When Buddy, Doug and Chan were running multiple draft scenarios in the days leading up to the draft in order to be ready for any eventuality, they kept gravitating toward Keuchly every chance they got. They loved him as a player as much as they loved him as a person. When draft day rolled around they believed that he was far and away the best player they could realistically get at their spot, with everybody else a consolation prize.

This is in no way a knock on Gilmore, who is a legit player and the kind of intense high-character guy they like, but the Bills draft room was crestfallen when Carolina took Keuchly right in front of them. They're very happy with Gilmore but they viewed Keuchly as a perfect fit for what they want to do and what they need to do it.

It's ironic that the Panthers chose two of the players the Bills would have selected if they hadn't.

Under my skin

A lot of people are knocking the aaron williams over andy dalton thing

- Andy Dalton is a good QB

But cant anybody see that the bills had a plan? They are trying to turn their ridiculously bad and inconsistant defense into a strength because they know they have a "good" QB in Ryan Fitzpatrick......

Now...not everyone is going to agree with the strategy that they took....me? I applaud it.

Everyone wants to point to the Patriots and say you can win if you have a QB like Brayd and a bad defense....TOM BRADY IS A FUTURE HOF QB....say what you want about him.....he is going to go down as one of the all time greats.

We cannot use that as a model of success......because the Brady's frankly dont come along to often.

No what they decided to do was try to put a dominating defense on the field....and see if they can score points with a defense that gives you many opportunities. We have NOT HAD THAT with this offensive unit yet.

Lets see how it plays out

ok lets see how it plays out. That's ok by me right now.

But we still need to add some more defensive pieces. Not many but i dont think we are going to be amazing yet or dominating.Strong? yes.Chinks in the armour? what do you all think? I can see some

The offensive line is not settled yet and we still dont know what we have for wide recievers.

Once the season gets going and we have defined and healthy starters the needs/strengths will show themselves.

3rd year players need to show up as someone mentioned. Nix i think. or Chan. Thank goodness for ota mini and Training camps.

Last year was just pure hope that we had guys that could jump in and hang on. some did.

But this season is of the 3 years in rule and will be time to start dialing in the good stuff coaching wise.

we got some keepers from the last couple drafts. last being by far best. Patience is the key to building through the draft for us fans. And continuity of coaching and players together means an awful lot. A Team in the truest sense.

Having the right guys running the show takes alot of faith on our part.

I think we do. and i have faith and they are building one heck of a Team.

But most important of all friends a great perspective...

John says " Lets see how it all plays out. "

Truly wise words from our man from Hemet

When Buddy, Doug and Chan were running multiple draft scenarios in the days leading up to the draft in order to be ready for any eventuality, they kept gravitating toward Keuchly every chance they got. They loved him as a player as much as they loved him as a person. When draft day rolled around they believed that he was far and away the best player they could realistically get at their spot, with everybody else a consolation prize.

This is in no way a knock on Gilmore, who is a legit player and the kind of intense high-character guy they like, but the Bills draft room was crestfallen when Carolina took Keuchly right in front of them. They're very happy with Gilmore but they viewed Keuchly as a perfect fit for what they want to do and what they need to do it.

Maybe they were real high on Keuchley, as were plenty of other teams. I can not confirm what you say is true in this regards, because I have no inside information on this matter.

Personally I am very glad that the Bills have Gilmore. I think he is a top notch CB who has potential to be great. I would have been happy with Keuchly as well, but that didn't happen. I wish Keuchly all he best, and he may turn out to be an outstanding NFL LB.

So I am not going to wonder or fret about what might have been. We have Gilmore, and I am pleased with that.

Edited by Mark Vader