Obama, Solyndra, and $35,800 fundraisers

Why not limit total Federal outlays to 15% of GDP, institute a flat tax on everybody to acheive it, and collect another 5% that is legally manadated to go to long-term debt until it is paid down to acceptable levels, then just have the 15%.

We don't need a 72,000 page tax code, Government was never intended to be this complicated.

And everything would be wonderful then! :rolleyes:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And everything would be wonderful then! :rolleyes:

Not that everything would be Rosy, but let's simplfy our representative democracy as is was intended to be. There is just no reason the Federal Government cannot be run fiscally sound and meeting the needs for which it was intended-

When we decide we need to go to war, raises taxes specifically to fund it instead of borrowing.

When we decide to add a program or outlay, we pare back or kill one that no longer serves out needs.

When we need a Stimulus, borrow accordingly and pay it back in the good times...

**** We just can't continue to cut taxes while government grows and expands and funds itself on the Mastercard. We either need to reform the way government does its job, or raise taxes and start paying out bills. We are having it both ways right now, it will not go on in perpituity.

Edited by B-Large

Not that everything would be Rosy, but let's simplfy our representative democracy as is was intended to be. There is just no reason the Federal Government cannot be run fiscally sound and meeting the needs for which it was intended-

When we decide we need to go to war, raises taxes specifically to fund it instead of borrowing.

When we decide to add a program or outlay, we pare back or kill one that no longer serves out needs.

When we need a Stimulus, borrow accordingly and pay it back in the good times...

**** We just can't continue to cut taxes while government grows and expands and funds itself on the Mastercard. We either need to reform the way government does its job, or raise taxes and start paying out bills. We are having it both ways right now, it will not go on in perpituity.

You are just irrational angry, and if the government didnt exist you'd be howling about God or the devil or something else.

Your first mistake is thinking Park likes the idea of a representative democracy.

I figured maybe I was wasting my breath. The Government can function, believe it or not without being a coersive, bloated, ineffiecient body....

You are just irrational angry, and if the government didnt exist you'd be howling about God or the devil or something else.

are you just !@#$ing with me?

Unlikely. Remember there are people who spend time watching Angry Ed. Here is his base

Hey I watch Angry Ed sometims. Hell, I'll even tune into Current TV and watch The Young Turks and that blonde chick that was like the mayor of Michigan or something.

Granted I watch them for the same reason that I watch Ancient Aliens.

are you just !@#$ing with me?

I've never been able to figure out if DiN's just a troll, or honestly that dumb. Every time I've started to think "troll," he tops himself with something so blisteringly, insanely moronic that I end up thinking "Nah, no one's creative enough to pretend to be that stupid."

I've never been able to figure out if DiN's just a troll, or honestly that dumb. Every time I've started to think "troll," he tops himself with something so blisteringly, insanely moronic that I end up thinking "Nah, no one's creative enough to pretend to be that stupid."

Don't ever underestimate one's ability to be stupid OR pretend to be stupid....

His post the in global warming thread sort of proved beyond a reasonable doubt that he is stupid.

His post the in global warming thread sort of proved beyond a reasonable doubt that he is stupid.

I don't know. "The grass is brown in Delaware Park" coming from a guy in Norfolk is pretty damn good trolling.

I don't know. "The grass is brown in Delaware Park" coming from a guy in Norfolk is pretty damn good trolling.

Norfolk is in Virginia and Virginia borders Delaware*

Per Tim Kaine, former Governor of Virginia (2007-20011) and current Democratic nominee for US Senate