National Security Leaks

Doc

Looks like the White House is. As per Dianne Feinstein: http://news.yahoo.com/feinstein-white-house-behind-national-security-leaks-064816744.html

Does this make a difference to anyone? Will Barry's supporters just shrug-it-off as "whatever it takes?" Are anti-Barry people right to be pissed?

OBama's supporters are more than fine with it, I'm sure...it's okay when a (D) does it.

All you that have criticized Mitt on his taxes, secrecy etc. Where are you on this? I'd like to see Matt's, B-Large, Park/DiN/DuckDodgers, Juror8's views on this.

If we are going to obsess about Mitt's tax returns, then a matter such as this, which is infinitely more important and troubling that compromises national security, you guys surely must be outraged about this, right?

:lol:

All you that have criticized Mitt on his taxes, secrecy etc. Where are you on this? I'd like to see Matt's, B-Large, Park/DiN/DuckDodgers, Juror8's views on this.

If we are going to obsess about Mitt's tax returns, then a matter such as this, which is infinitely more important and troubling that compromises national security, you guys surely must be outraged about this, right?

But what is Mitt hiding!!!

Don't worry - Deputy Holder is on the case. I am sure that he will bring the perpetrators to swift justice.

In a win-win for the White House, Eric Holder is set to announce the hiring of Craig Livingstone to oversee the investigation. In a single move, the White House is making deep inroads to solving the unemployment crisis while simultaneously cracking down hard on those who would leak our National secrets for political gain. Mr Livingstone and Mr Holder were not available for comment.

Mitt Romney is going to seize on the look at national security leaks in his speech at the VFW convention in Reno later today, which will be part of how he frames his trip overseas, according to excerpts from his campaign:

" This conduct is contemptible. It betrays our national interest.

It compromises our men and women in the field. And it demands a full and prompt investigation, with explanation and consequence. Whoever provided classified information to the media, seeking political advantage for the administration, must be exposed, dismissed, and punished. The time for stonewalling is over.

It is not enough to say the matter is being looked into, and leave it at that. When the issue is the political use of highly sensitive national security information, it is unacceptable to say, “We’ll report our findings after Election Day.”

Exactly who in the White House betrayed these secrets? Did a superior authorize it? These are things that Americans are entitled to know – and they are entitled to know right now. If the President believes – as he said last week – that the buck stops with him, then he owes all Americans a full and prompt accounting of the facts.

And let me be clear: These events make the decision we face in November all the more important. What kind of White House would reveal classified material for political gain? I’ll tell you right now: Mine won’t."

There are other elements of the speech, but the issue of the leaks, which are still being looked into, goes to a message frame Boston has been using for the last few weeks - that Obama is no longer the post-partisan figure he was in 2008.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberman/2012/07/romney-to-rap-obama-on-security-leaks-in-vfw-speech-129912.html

This should be a major issue from the media, I think most reasonable people can agree that this an important issue, now let's see how the mainstream media handles this.

Leaks from the White House? That's never happened before :rolleyes:

Ah, so it's ok then, right?

Hypocrite :lol:

OBama's supporters are more than fine with it, I'm sure...it's okay when a (D) does it.

DiN/DuckDodgers/Park is a perfect example

You know Obama is sitting on some sweet Bin Laden death photos for days like this. I'm thinking the first release will carry a "Warniing: Graphic Images" label to really get people excited. By October we'll probably have photoshopped images of Bin Laden being dumped in the ocean while Obama stands next to his body in his best Buddy Christ pose.

Weeks after Congress opened a probe into national security leaks that mysteriously arose making Barack Obama look good, we seem to have gotten a little close to the source. Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) said publicly yesterday that at least some of these reputation-burnishing leaks came from the White House that benefited from them.

Feinstein rushed to defend President Barack Obama, however:

Feinstein said she was certain that President Obama had not disclosed any of the classified intelligence, but believed others in the administration were responsible.

“I don’t believe for a moment that he goes out and talks about it,” she said of the president.

Of course not. That’s why a President hires staff and appoints political players — to do that kind of work for him.

Ed Morrissey

You know Obama is sitting on some sweet Bin Laden death photos for days like this. I'm thinking the first release will carry a "Warniing: Graphic Images" label to really get people excited. By October we'll probably have photoshopped images of Bin Laden being dumped in the ocean while Obama stands next to his body in his best Buddy Christ pose.

Follwed up by another interview with NBC News in the newly refurbished Situation Room where OBama shows off his newly installed Drone Terminal where he personally plays Whack a Jihadist

Follwed up by another interview with NBC News in the newly refurbished Situation Room where OBama shows off his newly installed Drone Terminal where he personally plays Whack a Jihadist

Hey Dev, you live in virginia, is there any talk about these defense cuts hurting Virginia that you've been hearing about over there in the local media?

Edited by WorldTraveller

Hey Dev, you live in virginia, is there any talk about these defense cuts hurting Virginia that you've been hearing about over there in the local media?

Hell of a lot in DC. Some doom-'n'-gloom predictions for VA are as high as 110k jobs lost.

If a Obama, a Congresscritter, a Senator, or a Flag Officer anywhere so much as sneezes, people here freak out over possible defense cuts

I brought these leaks up along with how the MSM was ignoring them when they first surfaced. The thread is in the archives and I don't know how to access. Anyway, the libtards all threw hissy fits over the fact someone was criticizing the Obama administration for the same thing as leaking the final four on "American Idol". (now that's what I call hyperbole)

If a Obama, a Congresscritter, a Senator, or a Flag Officer anywhere so much as sneezes, people here freak out over possible defense cuts

I ask this because the sequester is becoming a bigger issue now, and Obama has failed to outline where the $109 Billion in cuts are suppose to come from.

I ask this because the sequester is becoming a bigger issue now, and Obama has failed to outline where the $109 Billion in cuts are suppose to come from.

It hasn't gotten to be feverish pitch yet, like every couple years when somebody starts up the Z0mG they want to close Oceana fever or the Hellz no they can't move a carrier group to Florida frenzy caused whenever a local Congresscritter wants some free TV time.

The impending budget cuts are being greeted kind of like the Government shutdown threats. Squids and Jarheads are going to get paid. Federal Workers will get a vacation withouth haveing to take PTO. Contracts will be paid (with interest on any missed payment)

Obama doesn't have the first clue how to outline anything, let alone where cuts will come from. Remember, Obama is an ideas guy.

"I got it! Take LIVE tuna fish, and FEED 'em mayonnaise! Oh this is great."