Good Stevie J article

Good article; that's the first time I've read/heard that Stevie thought he was done in Buffalo after the benching. It's also enlightening the Bills didn't make the celebrations an issue during contract negotiations. Love Barnett's comments -- now that's a leader. Those statements about respecting Chan for following through speak loudly. These guys want it to be about the team first.

He owns Revis Island? Two games, 1 TD, zero wins. That's not owning. It's not even borrowing.

You forgot the 11 catches for 159 yards, playing with a bad groin and a depleting offense. And wins, seriously? :rolleyes:

He owns Revis Island? Two games, 1 TD, zero wins. That's not owning. It's not even borrowing.

Extrapolate Stevie's stats in those two games to a 16 game season and tell us what you think.

Edit: oh, hell, I'll do it for you. 88 catches, 1272 yards, 8 TDs

Stevie may not own Revis Island, but he takes up permanent residence whenever he chooses.

Edited by eball

You clearly have never seen those games and i think you forgot the part where he had 11 receptions, averaging 80 yds in those 2 games and a TD. If you've seen the games, you'd know that he did as good of a job as any WR against the "top CB" in the game. He beat him short, he beat him long.

His 3 receptions for 84 yds and 8 catches for 75 yds were both better than Andre Johnson's 4 catches 32 yds, 0 TD in 2010 and 4 catches 35 yds 0 TDs in 2009.

11 receptions and 159 yds, 1 TD for Stevie against Revis his last 2 games compared 2.

Andre Johnsons 8 catches 70 yds and 0TDs the last 2 games against Revis.

Not saying Stevie's better than Andre but thats about as good as you can do against Revis. So YES. Johnson OWNS revis island. Not many WRs have had success against Revis. Obviously he's not going to have 100 yds and 3 TDs against Revis. That's not going to happen. But those numbers are VERY good against a caliber defender like Revis

So WRs get wins and losses recorded into their stat sheets now? That's news to me.

Edited by FleaMoulds80

You clearly have never seen those games and i think you forgot the part where he had 11 receptions, averaging 80 yds in those 2 games and a TD. If you've seen the games, you'd know that he did as good of a job as any WR against the "top CB" in the game. He beat him short, he beat him long.

His 3 receptions for 84 yds and 8 catches for 75 yds were both better than Andre Johnson's 4 catches 32 yds, 0 TD in 2010 and 4 catches 35 yds 0 TDs in 2009.

11 receptions and 159 yds, 1 TD for Stevie against Revis his last 2 games compared 2.

Andre Johnsons 8 catches 70 yds and 0TDs the last 2 games against Revis.

Not saying Stevie's better than Andre but thats about as good as you can do against Revis. So YES. Johnson OWNS revis island. Not many WRs have had success against Revis. Obviously he's not going to have 100 yds and 3 TDs against Revis. That's not going to happen. But those numbers are VERY good against a caliber defender like Revis

So WRs get wins and losses recorded into their stat sheets now? That's news to me.

I'm not denying that Stevie has done well against Revis. And I will even go so far as to say I was wrong. He does own Revis Island. So I stand corrected. I'm also a firm believer in the fact that (W-L) records are strictly team statistics, not QB and definitely not WR.

I'm just not a big fan of a player talking crap when his TEAM got swept by the team of the guy he's talking crap about.

I love Stevie and proudly don my #13 jersey for every home game. I love this kid's confidence ... I'd just like for the Bills to actually be a playoff team before anyone gets too arrogant.

I'm not denying that Stevie has done well against Revis. And I will even go so far as to say I was wrong. He does own Revis Island. So I stand corrected. I'm also a firm believer in the fact that (W-L) records are strictly team statistics, not QB and definitely not WR.

I'm just not a big fan of a player talking crap when his TEAM got swept by the team of the guy he's talking crap about.

I love Stevie and proudly don my #13 jersey for every home game. I love this kid's confidence ... I'd just like for the Bills to actually be a playoff team before anyone gets too arrogant.

He wasn't talking crap about the Jets as a team; just the guy who he lines up against during games.

He wasn't talking crap about the Jets as a team; just the guy who he lines up against during games.

Yep. That's what I said. I still think it's wrong, but maturity isn't Stevie's strong suit.

Yep. That's what I said. I still think it's wrong, but maturity isn't Stevie's strong suit.

I don't have a problem with players talking the talk, as long as they can walk the walk. No doubt Stevie is in Revis' head.

Love Stevie -- glad he's here for the long term! But not overly thrilled with this quote from the article:

"I want to prove I can celebrate without getting penalties. I work hard to get in the end zone. My attitude is, 'Why can't I have some fun when I get in there?' But I have to do it in a way that doesn't hurt the team."

The way I see it, ten other guys also work hard to get the player that actually scores the TD into the end zone. It's a team sport, first and foremost. Eleven guys busting their butts to score a TD. The guy who actually scores it is just one player -- one of eleven guys who carried out their responsibilities successfully on the play in order for the TD to happen. No individual should celebrate in such a way as to draw attention to themselves. If Stevie can celebrate without hurting the team, then fine, go for it. I just wish he'd toss the ball to the ref and trot off like Thurman would do after scoring instead of making a spectacle of himself. It would be a greater demonstration of respect to one's teammates to do so, I believe.

This!

At the end of the day, it's about winning the football game and nothing else.

Stevie is good. I am very thankful he is coming back. I would say I "like" him as a receiver and a part of our team.

However, I HATE his celebrations resulting in penalties. However, I can almost understand his doing so. It is not just "for fun" or to "celebrate" when he gets to the endzone. He and may others like him are drawing attention to themselves. Every 15 yard sharpie penalty gets him a clip on Sportscenter and some media attention. If you a Joe Blow fan from Nebraska you start to notice Stevie more than other players because of his antics. Their are fans (mostly younger) who love the show of the game. Their are those who hate it too. However, in the highlight reals if you have a choice to show Barry Sanders celebrate in the end zone or a guy like Stevie you show Stevie.

The difference here is guys like Barry made their highlights before the end zone in the field... and guys like Stevie make them in the endzone. Stevie has made great plays on the field and he should be credited for that not his "why so serious" antics.

I also find his "I was ready to go to San Fran" attitude a little frightening. Seems like he wanted to quit and go to a winning squad. Not grid it out and make a team better. His "change of heart" to be all aboard this year will need to be proven

Lastly, and most importantly, STEVIE PLANS THESE 15 YARD PENALTIES!!! He premeditates his dances and shirts written on with sharpies. I absolutely loathe this. I can sympathize with the guy who accidentely takes his helmet off or does something in the heat of the moment. The fact that Stevie plans it pregame is outright an embarrassment and makes him a me first type of player.

Well done, gugny.

Kudos to you.