Fitz's Health

hamtenp

I know I have heard that Fitz was supposeadly injured last mid season. But do we really know? Or was this a

big coverup by coaches to save face? Does anyone have real proof that he was injured? Because if the injury was that severe,

why did he continue playing till season end? The way I see it, if he was healthy enough to complete the season, the injury

could have not been that significant. And the reason that we were 1 and 8 in the balance of the season is that opposing

teams had figured out our offense, and our coaches did not have the skills and answers to counteract.

I know I have heard that Fitz was supposeadly injured last mid season. But do we really know? Or was this a

big coverup by coaches to save face? Does anyone have real proof that he was injured? Because if the injury was that severe,

why did he continue playing till season end? The way I see it, if he was healthy enough to complete the season, the injury

could have not been that significant. And the reason that we were 1 and 8 in the balance of the season is that opposing

teams had figured out our offense, and our coaches did not have the skills and answers to counteract.

We're still awaiting the commission's findings on the topic of "Ribgate."

Stay tuned.

(However early rumors are that his injury was a fitx)

I have asked several times, including yesterday, and have not seen anything confirming Bills organization

(front office, coaches, trainers, G.M.) stating Fitz had cracked/broken ribs.

People constantly bring up being injured last season, and that being a major factor re: his 2nd half performance, yet no one

provides any actual information.

I would say, yes, put the myth to rest pending any real, tangible references. And if he WAS hurt, I would can the O.C. for not going to the run more. But that's another topic.

Go D-line!

There is little chance many could have played worse than Fitz did in the last 9 games as a whole. Fitzpatrick was terrible. Thigpen's career numbers in limited time would say otherwise to he could not have matched at least what Fitz did. I mean, for his career Thigpen is +3 in TD to INT, so is Fitz. Fitz has a 75 QB rating, and it is only that high because he bumped it up the past 2 seasons in Gailey's system, only slightly. Thigpen put up similar numbers in extended play in KC, and the Bills had better players.

The hate for Thigpen is crazy, dude got to throw 8 passes in 2 meaningless games he entered that were blowouts and the whole team had already quit. I don't think he that great at all, but to say he couldn't ahve played as well as Fitz in the last 9 is really dumb.

Edited by paintmyhouse

Just about every body involved has admitted it to some extent, some more begrudgingly than others. His teammates, Fitz himself, even Chan. Have we seen the x-rays ourselves? No. But if you require hard evidence that would hold up in a court of law to be convinced... Well, then I don't know how you can believe anything at all.

Teams play games with the injury report all the time. I remember reading Belichick puts Brady or somebody on it every week basically for no other reason than to be a dick.

And teams will under-report injuries to hide weaknesses. "Chest injury - he's probable" instead of "OMG cracked rib - have at him pass rushers!"

The real Fitz collapse started against the Bengals. Weeks before any actual, reported or alleged injury.

He was brutal against Cincy, the D scored 2 TDs.

Looked average against Eagles. Efficient, and Gailey went heavy on the run game. :thumbsup:

He cost the Bills the game against Giants, again pre-injury. Had nice stats, but threw the game away in 3rd and 4th quarters.

Check game log for yourselves.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311002004

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311009002

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=311016019&period=0

FYI: I'm not saying he was or wasn't injured or hurt, I don't know, I'm just saying the collapse started well before Washington game.

Edited by SoCal-Surf

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/139436-fitz-has-possibly-had-a-broken-rib-since-toronto

Wow, this topic yet again. Let's think just how many q-backs play injured all the time and still win.

Here's a single example

I don't have time to search but was it last year or 2010 when Romo played with cracked ribs and a collapsed lung. You got to wonder if the Dallas fan board blames that for not hoisting the Lombardi that year?

I'm hoping this year Fitz doesn't have to re-write history with the interview he gave last post season, when he amazingly admitted they were not used to winning (early on) and were feeling the heat. I know its been discussed before but the mental part of the game is as important as his newly installed "mechanics". That said Fitz is the man this year and probably next no matter what. Go Fitz!

Flame away!

When people ask this I answer with "Do you really need someone to tell you he was hurt"

- He did not suddenly stop being able to make throws he WAS making

- That looked like a flaq vest under his uniform to me

- The team would not be going out of its way to say he was hurt and not bring in a replacement in year 3 of a rebiudling program if he WASNT hurt....you would see a vet (not like psycho but a REAL vet)

I was watching him after the hit by Fletcher....he was not the same after that.

The real Fitz collapse started against the Bengals. Weeks before any actual, reported or alleged injury.

He was brutal against Cincy, the D scored 2 TDs.

Looked average against Eagles. Efficient, and Gailey went heavy on the run game. :thumbsup:

He cost the Bills the game against Giants, again pre-injury. Had nice stats, but threw the game away in 3rd and 4th quarters.

Check game log for yourselves.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311002004

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=311009002

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=311016019&period=0

FYI: I'm not saying he was or wasn't injured or hurt, I don't know, I'm just saying the collapse started well before Washington game.

Nearly 200 yards of passing a game and 90 percent passing rating/88 percent passing rating/75 percent passing rating

What negative am I supposed to be looking for in these boxcores?

Fitz played well enough, for me, the first half of the season, that he has earned the benefit of a doubt.

The prevailing (stupid) theory, at the time, was that he singed his big new contract, and then rested on his laurels and stunk it up the rest of the season. That doesn't hold water for me... the huge hit he took against the Redskins makes more sense to me.

There is nothing I have seen from him, or heard from Gailey/Nix (both pretty consistently candid) to suggest that he just stopped trying...that is not to say he didn't have some problems before that Skins game.

We already knew, going into last season, Fitz does not posses the strongest arm...but he does posses a good amount of confidence, IMO. So, you have a QB who put together a nice start, because he wasn't afraid (like his two predecessors) to throw the ball into tight coverage, and trust his receivers to get the ball...even before that big hit, from what I saw, Fitz had to put too much of his body into his throws...with broken ribs, that has got to be even more difficult. Also, you can't underestimate the injury woes the Bills had in the second half of the season, and how little constancy they had along the O-line, and the receiving corp.

Fitz still gets some slack from me...but not an unlimited amount. After what we (Bills fans) have seen since Bledsoe left, leadership qualities and confidence are real, valuable commodity's for an NFL QB. Fitz is not perfect, but he has a lot of good qualities going for him, I am ready to give him a chance to see