What was the Scariest , Frightening Moment in Life

millbank

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, never knew a Renee.

Thank God. I worry about a teenage kid popping up out of nowhere and saying "Hi, dad!" :ph34r:

Well you're a lot like my dad, thought he beat me to this board. :lol:

And at least you couldn't be fully blamed for my stupidity/ "naive ignorance"

Edited by Teen Insight

Cheating with your buddy's wife and thinking you might get Fond out

Lived it for real. Sucks.

Glad you are not my buddy. 3.5 billion women out there- I NEVER let a women come between me and a friend. Women come, women go, but a true friend is hard to find. I have had friends beautiful wives try and seduce me a couple times- I always run away. I have yet to tell my friends that their wives put the moves on me. But I have a clean conscience

Glad you are not my buddy. 3.5 billion women out there- I NEVER let a women come between me and a friend. Women come, women go, but a true friend is hard to find. I have had friends beautiful wives try and seduce me a couple times- I always run away. I have yet to tell my friends that their wives put the moves on me. But I have a clean conscience

Good for you. It was what it was, over and done. No one got hurt.

Sorry if I was overly harsh. I appreciate your candor. And we all make mistakes- I have made my fair share. 15 years is way in past. Live and learn

I have had a crazy life with over a dozen near death experiences. Many times I was certain I was going to die, but this one comes to mind. I was coming off two amazing nights in Madrid and it was Saturday night. I walked out of a bar around midnight in Plaza Del Sol(think Spanish Time Square) feeling good and I see this beautiful girl smiling at me. "hola sexy! Como estas? Hablas Ingles?" She did, and I said "show me around Madrid. Lets go get a drink somewhere" She says there is a good place on this side street. Well there are people everywhere and Spain really comes alive at midnight. We go walking up the side street, and I am a very savvy traveler always aware of my surroundings, but it was Saturday night at Madrid, and I was too busy running game on this chick, and let me guard down. Well she says the place is right around the corner...we turn the corner, she is on my right, and this guy comes running up behind me, and wraps his left arm around my neck.....I grabbed his wrist, looked at him over my shoulder, saw his face, and he was scared shitless(I have a fighting background and keep myself in shape)-I looked back at the girl and she flashed a very nervous look at the punk and I realized they were in cahoots. Well I was about to snap the punks wrist and was going to !@#$ his world up...while I am processing all this a guy comes running at me from across the street fists up 10 O'clock...I realized now the situation and got my fists up, he stopped short before I could hit him. Then another guys came at me from 2 O'clock and I threw a punch at him, but a 4th guy grabbed my arm from behind as I threw the punch. They wrestled me to the ground. I am good fighting from my back and I was doing some damage, but it seemed like there were 10 of them. One said to me "you are going to die". And I fought with everything I had, swinging, elbows, knees....then next thing I know I am out cold.

I felt like I woke up from a deep sleep and was trying to figure out where I was. Whats this cold feeling on my face-concrete. What country am I in- Spain I think. What happened- holy **** I was mugged. My jaw was sore- I could tell they hit me when I was out cold. and My eye was bleeding pretty bad. The first thing I checked was to see if I had my passport. Luckily I did- it was in a money belt under some cargo pants. They cut my pants open with a knife, but couldn't get the money belt- too much foot traffic I think. They did get my wallet, my camera(which pissed me off- I just spent two weeks in Hungry and made some great friends, and I lost all the photos of them). They also took my kashmere trench coat right off my back. I shook off the cobwebs and went looking for them. Never found them, but I was enraged. I made George Brett being called out for pine tar mellow. No bueno

Such is life - skeletons in the closet - and all those fun catch phrases. Can't change the past.... Yada yada

But that one certainly is rough.

(and I'm not sure how the last line plays out true)

Pit bulls are scary as sh#t. I was playing in a pickup basketball in Brooklyn and one of the guys brought his pitbull. I get into A very minor shoving match with him on court. Thankfully his dog was on a chain. It gives me the cold death stare of the terminator. And vertically launches itself to eye level. Freaky athletic like flying shark mouth. Would have done the Miami cannibal on me if it wasnt chained.

You'd get the same treatment from virtually any working breed when you "confront" a member of their pack. I had a similar experience with a family member's 120 pound Rott, though there wasn't any real stimuli to cause it. That dog was completely out of control and ended up having to be destroyed. Completely the fault of the owner.

Wow, I've a bunch of near death experiences.

First one- Almost drowned in the Niagara River, my buddy and I decided to swim across from the Canadian side to the American side starting from the Peace Bridge and wanted to make it back before the railroad bridge on the Canadian side. We touched the American side and started back, we had to swim like crazy if were going to make it to the railroad bridge. A boat stopped and asked if we needed a lift. I should have taken the ride. So we are swimming our asses off and were almost there but I was just plain ran out of gas and had no energy to swim anymore. I started to sink and I had no energy to stop from sinking. Incredibly I was at complete peace with the fact that I was going drown and this it for me. Then I felt something pulling me by the hair, my buddy dove down and was pulling me to the surface. He got me up and I got a few breaths of air and he urged me to start swimming again which I did and made it to the pier by the railroad bridge. I would have drowned if he didn't pull me up. Then we had a five mile walk home. Good times.

Second time - The wild fires in San Diego County 2007. I used to have a ranch in the San Pasqual Valley. Around 1:30Am a wall of fire 100 feet high was racing towards us driven by high winds created by the fire itself. We grab the dog and jump in the truck and drive straight towards the fire to get behind it. The fire was a few feet from the truck as we drove past it. we stop at the only store in the area that has a parking lot for saftey. parking lots don't burn. The fire is raging around us, houses are burning, propane tanks are exploding , cars exploding from the gas in their tanks. It is completely surreal. Their are other people there for saftey as well. A Cal Fire crew comes by and moves us to a safer location farther down the road by the Wild Animal Park where there are hundreds of fire fighters battling the blaze to protect the animals. Again very surreal. Later we moved to a mall to try and sleep in the parking lot, the fire again overtakes that area, so I figured if the fire is at the mall it is not at my ranch, it has burned the the area already. Wrong! As we are driving back to the ranch, I had to dodge a police barricade, then on the only road to my ranch is block by a wall of fire blowing across the road. I cant see the other side, there could be downed trees or burned cars for all I know, we stomp on the gas and race thru the wall of fire. Stupid I know but I wanted to see what happened to my ranch. Well all I can say is utter devastation, my ranch looked like Hiroshima, everything was burned down and charred black. Hundred's of trees were knocked down from the wind or burned. Everything was completely destroyed.

Wow, I've a bunch of near death experiences.

First one- Almost drowned in the Niagara River, my buddy and I decided to swim across from the Canadian side to the American side starting from the Peace Bridge and wanted to make it back before the railroad bridge on the Canadian side. We touched the American side and started back, we had to swim like crazy if were going to make it to the railroad bridge. A boat stopped and asked if we needed a lift. I should have taken the ride. So we are swimming our asses off and were almost there but I was just plain ran out of gas and had no energy to swim anymore. I started to sink and I had no energy to stop from sinking. Incredibly I was at complete peace with the fact that I was going drown and this it for me. Then I felt something pulling me by the hair, my buddy dove down and was pulling me to the surface. He got me up and I got a few breaths of air and he urged me to start swimming again which I did and made it to the pier by the railroad bridge. I would have drowned if he didn't pull me up. Then we had a five mile walk home. Good times.

WTF were you thinking... We you living in Canada or did you walk back over the bridge when you were done swimming? Technically you jumped the border.

That is a +8mph current... I know you said you wanted to make if before the International Bridge, but WTF... The Canadian side is calmer... We would water ski there, but that is with a PFD on... You can rest easier.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I have had a crazy life with over a dozen near death experiences. Many times I was certain I was going to die, but this one comes to mind. I was coming off two amazing nights in Madrid and it was Saturday night. I walked out of a bar around midnight in Plaza Del Sol(think Spanish Time Square) feeling good and I see this beautiful girl smiling at me. "hola sexy! Como estas? Hablas Ingles?" She did, and I said "show me around Madrid. Lets go get a drink somewhere" She says there is a good place on this side street. Well there are people everywhere and Spain really comes alive at midnight. We go walking up the side street, and I am a very savvy traveler always aware of my surroundings, but it was Saturday night at Madrid, and I was too busy running game on this chick, and let me guard down. Well she says the place is right around the corner...we turn the corner, she is on my right, and this guy comes running up behind me, and wraps his left arm around my neck.....I grabbed his wrist, looked at him over my shoulder, saw his face, and he was scared shitless(I have a fighting background and keep myself in shape)-I looked back at the girl and she flashed a very nervous look at the punk and I realized they were in cahoots. Well I was about to snap the punks wrist and was going to !@#$ his world up...while I am processing all this a guy comes running at me from across the street fists up 10 O'clock...I realized now the situation and got my fists up, he stopped short before I could hit him. Then another guys came at me from 2 O'clock and I threw a punch at him, but a 4th guy grabbed my arm from behind as I threw the punch. They wrestled me to the ground. I am good fighting from my back and I was doing some damage, but it seemed like there were 10 of them. One said to me "you are going to die". And I fought with everything I had, swinging, elbows, knees....then next thing I know I am out cold.

I felt like I woke up from a deep sleep and was trying to figure out where I was. Whats this cold feeling on my face-concrete. What country am I in- Spain I think. What happened- holy **** I was mugged. My jaw was sore- I could tell they hit me when I was out cold. and My eye was bleeding pretty bad. The first thing I checked was to see if I had my passport. Luckily I did- it was in a money belt under some cargo pants. They cut my pants open with a knife, but couldn't get the money belt- too much foot traffic I think. They did get my wallet, my camera(which pissed me off- I just spent two weeks in Hungry and made some great friends, and I lost all the photos of them). They also took my kashmere trench coat right off my back. I shook off the cobwebs and went looking for them. Never found them, but I was enraged. I made George Brett being called out for pine tar mellow. No bueno

Wow, do you drink Dos Equis? :rolleyes: