Who Do You Think Will Win The Presidential Election?

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough to say yet, but as of now, people are still buying into PBOs crap, and with so many of the swing states electing Republican leadership 2 years ago, most are doing better economically than the rest of the country now. Will those states give credit to the states, or to PBO??

To win, Romney also needs a running mate to take on the attack dogs so Mitt can take the high road, and talk about his plans moving forward. Right now, with all the attacks from the left, Romney is stuck on the defensive way too much, and that will do nothing for his campaign if he's constantly fighting back, instead of showing an initiative...

I said before, I expect this to be the dirtiest, most negative campaign ever, particularly from the Obama camp, and it's obviously bearing out that way. If Romney doesn't want to get sucked into that, he HAS to try to put himself above it, and let his team address the negative, so he can put on a positive face...

To win, Romney also needs a running mate to take on the attack dogs so Mitt can take the high road, and talk about his plans moving forward. Right now, with all the attacks from the left, Romney is stuck on the defensive way too much, and that will do nothing for his campaign if he's constantly fighting back, instead of showing an initiative...

I said before, I expect this to be the dirtiest, most negative campaign ever, particularly from the Obama camp, and it's obviously bearing out that way. If Romney doesn't want to get sucked into that, he HAS to try to put himself above it, and let his team address the negative, so he can put on a positive face...

Romney isn't saying anything of analytical merit either. Just sound bite BS about BO being "soft of defense".

As I see it, Obama. And that's (trying) putting aside the fact I'll vote for him. On balance, people like Obama, people will be indifferent with Romney at best. Policy aside, and it is for most people, that's basically this election. I really don't see the referendum pitch overcoming Obama's natural advantage here and being the kind of thing to carry Romney to the Presidency. The debates will be important, but I really don't see how Romney is going to win this in a debate. I actually expect the debates to go pretty bad for Romney. Obama is a better speaker and he has a more populous message. It's going to be tough. I think it'll be pretty close but in the end I really don't think it's going to be as close as people think.

Edited by TheNewBills

As I see it, Obama. And that's (trying) putting aside the fact I'll vote for him. On balance, people like Obama, people will be indifferent with Romney at best. Policy aside, and it is for most people, that's basically this election. I really don't see the referendum pitch overcoming Obama's natural advantage here and being the kind of thing to carry Romney to the Presidency. The debates will be important, but I really don't see how Romney is going to win this in a debate. I actually expect the debates to go pretty bad for Romney. Obama is a better speaker and he has a more populous message. It's going to be tough. I think it'll be pretty close but in the end I really don't think it's going to be as close as people think.

Just curious, because you seem fairly rational, why would you vote for Obama?

Because he's likeable and has a populous message. Nevermind that he's proven to be a divider, bad for the economy, and far from a leader.

Well policy-by-policy it's in a bunch of other topics all over PPP. But to sum it up very briefly I like the job he's done w/ foreign policy, I'm not an ACA hater, and given a whole host of factors both economic/global/political (as blasphemous as this may sound) I really don't see how we're doing significantly worse than anybody could have realistically expected on the economy(and I think we're doing better than the path the GOP would have had us on). I think Obama has been a fair President who has had some weaknesses. I know that makes me an idiot to all you guys, but that's why in a nutshell.

Basically, the private sector is doing fine and he's a dead sexy black man. :D

Well policy-by-policy it's in a bunch of other topics all over PPP. But to sum it up very briefly I like the job he's done w/ foreign policy, I'm not an ACA hater, and given a whole host of factors both economic/global/political (as blasphemous as this may sound) I really don't see how we're doing significantly worse than anybody could have realistically expected on the economy(and I think we're doing better than the path the GOP would have had us on). I think Obama has been a fair President who has had some weaknesses. I know that makes me an idiot to all you guys, but that's why in a nutshell.

I don't think it makes you an idiot. I can only assume you're looking at the economic and ACA parts through rose colored glasses. The foreign policy disagreements I can chalk up to personal preference, but on the economic part I'm at a loss.

Simply put the ACA increases demand while decreasing supply, which necessarily raises prices. There's really no way around that. And I've heard people cherry pick certain parts they like but I've yet to hear anyone explain how this helps, or even how it won't be disasterous.

Obama's economic plan thus far has been to throw obscene amounts of money at losing ventures that produce no wealth and putting it all on the country's credit card while expanding social spending and keeping the country in the dark as to what his next move might be, thus scaring investment money away. Not to say what a GOP solution would be, (I have little faith in John McCain) but doing absolutely nothing would have been more effective. It would have allowed business cycle to run its course, clear the market, and get back on solid footing rather than running up debt to avoid the inevitable.

Anyway, there's a lot of time between now and November to hash these things out, but I am curious to get your take on these issues.

You buy that schit that the private sector is doing fine?

I don't think it makes you an idiot. I can only assume you're looking at the economic and ACA parts through rose colored glasses. The foreign policy disagreements I can chalk up to personal preference, but on the economic part I'm at a loss.

Simply put the ACA increases demand while decreasing supply, which necessarily raises prices. There's really no way around that. And I've heard people cherry pick certain parts they like but I've yet to hear anyone explain how this helps, or even how it won't be disasterous.

Obama's economic plan thus far has been to throw obscene amounts of money at losing ventures that produce no wealth and putting it all on the country's credit card while expanding social spending and keeping the country in the dark as to what his next move might be, thus scaring investment money away. Not to say what a GOP solution would be, (I have little faith in John McCain) but doing absolutely nothing would have been more effective. It would have allowed business cycle to run its course, clear the market, and get back on solid footing rather than running up debt to avoid the inevitable.

Anyway, there's a lot of time between now and November to hash these things out, but I am curious to get your take on these issues.

No, just naive.

We can bump up some older topics to not hijack this b/c I like a good politics thread as much as the next man w/ out policy creeping in. I couldn't agree less with your take on doing nothing re:economy though I think that's a bold thing to even suggest but that is just me. ACA...I've been in like every ACA topic there is :)

You buy that schit that the private sector is doing fine?

The last sentence wasn't the most serious part of the post if you didn't catch that...

Edited by TheNewBills

He makes a good point: Romney will not win simply by slinging mud and trading barbs with Obama. Obama's been under the gun for 5 years now covering the primary against Hillary, presidential campaign against McCain and nearly 4 years in office. All the negatives are out and the guys still standing. Going negative will have minimal impact at this poInt.

Romney needs to add Substance. What his cohesive overall plan? Vision? Platform? philosophy? Just being a rich guy who wants to be president whose not Obama isn't going to cut it .... Which was basically mccains criticism of him.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

We can bump up some older topics to not hijack this b/c I like a good politics thread as much as the next man w/ out policy creeping in. I couldn't agree less with your take on doing nothing re:economy though I think that's a bold thing to even suggest but that is just me. ACA...I've been in like every ACA topic there is :)

The last sentence wasn't the most serious part of the post if you didn't catch that...

I took it that you thought the private sector was doing fine and you have fantasies about doin him. :devil: