Is Vince Young a wacko or just a player that needs coaching?

HOUSE

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me he seems to have Borderline personality disorder. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder

I hope he has gotten treatment and is okay. I think he did have talent (sort of Flutie like, in an odd way) and it doesn't just go away but am not sure Chan's playbook is translatable to his talents. Buddy is a smart man about football and I think if he sticks, I think I am a whole lot more excited by Merriman's chances of doing well.

To me he seems to have Borderline personality disorder. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder

I hope he has gotten treatment and is okay. I think he did have talent (sort of Flutie like, in an odd way) and it doesn't just go away but am not sure Chan's playbook is translatable to his talents. Buddy is a smart man about football and I think if he sticks, I think I am a whole lot more excited by Merriman's chances of doing well.

Dare I say, this is like the rivalry that must not be named. :ph34r:

Your post I replied to seemed to say that you thought he was the guy and we were bashing. Sorry if i misinterpreted

lol hindsight, I have a brother that wanted the Bills to lose every game so the Bills could draft Andrew Luck, yes,he is that crazy.

He tells me its a passing league and its all about quarterbacks. I kind of agree, since Buffalo only has 1 quarterback in the minds of some I thought I would ask the boards opinion.

If Fitzpatrick fails (I seriously doubt it) we might need to evaluate what we already have? Buffalo will draft no lower then #20 in next years draft IMO

Everyone grows up eventually.......if Fitz continues to play like himself we will have an answer to this question by week 6.

VY is a terrible completion % passer but Fitz ain't much better. IMO bills are loaded QB is the big question mark

Question. If Fitz plays like himself, would that mean that we're 6-0 or 0-6?

i think vince young has trmendous physical attributes, but is lacking everywhere else. can the guy grow up, get motivated, hit the books and become a team player and a leader? maybe. but for now, i am thinking he is humbled to the point where he knows he has to do whatever it takes to make a roster and collect a check. it's as if he's going back backwards. he was drafted as a big fish with the world on a plate, fell from grace and now has to pay his dues with all the other journeymen and rookies.

i think vince young has trmendous physical attributes, but is lacking everywhere else. can the guy grow up, get motivated, hit the books and become a team player and a leader? maybe. but for now, i am thinking he is humbled to the point where he knows he has to do whatever it takes to make a roster and collect a check. it's as if he's going back backwards. he was drafted as a big fish with the world on a plate, fell from grace and now has to pay his dues with all the other journeymen and rookies.

You make some great points. It appears he is now grown up from his interviews but who knows?

Knowing how to talk and how to play is two completely different things. :flirt:

I will say this, Vince Young needs to play well and be a less controversial player. If he fails in Buffalo,he could be done.

That kind of player is a dying breed, teams don't want the headache anymore.

You make some great points. It appears he is now grown up from his interviews but who knows?

i don't think he is all grown up, i just think that he has figured out the appropriate manner in which to speak to the media. but, i think that if it happens at all, this place is better than most. we have probably got one of the strongest locker rooms in all of professional sports with some great leaders to help him on and off the field. in the end, it's all up to vince.

I just dont understand what excites you about this guy. The fact he has a 55% completion percentage? That players favorite coach Jeff Fisher benched him 5 times? His suicide watch night? Ya he was picked 3rd overall and has a great highlight reel in college but that was what 06? Remember when he refused to go back into the opener because he got booed (something Bills fans have done to many bad QB)and Kerry Collins, the ageless wonder led them to a 13-3 year? That was a super bowl caliber team with a QB with VYs skill set and he quit on his team half way through the first game. I dont want him to lead this team when we have similar talent

I'll mention the year the Titans started 0-6 until he took over and they finished 8-2. Fisher was not very secretive about the fact that he didn't like or want vy - before vy even got on the team. He wanted Matt Leinhart.

I'm excited because I've seen this guy tear up the Bills (albeit they weren't very good teams) and also be unstoppable moving the chains with his legs if the passing lanes aren't there.

There is imo at least as much to be excited about with vy as there is with fitz. Except for the first few games last year what has he done to earn all of the excitement? He wasn't very good the last half of the year (injured I know) and was up and down to say the least the year before. Before last years 62% he had never cracked 60% completion either. Let alone leading the league in ints.

Question. If Fitz plays like himself, would that mean that we're 6-0 or 0-6?

This is a great question. :thumbsup:

Fitz's starting record with the Bills? Not very good. I'm still very much on the fence with Fitz. It is his job to lose and I'm okay with that. Not sure what he has done to earn that but I am okay with it, but come on can we stop hating on young? He is a member of the team, our team, and he has done nothing since being here to create a problem. If he were able to make the team better than why shouldn't he play? Are we really that concerned with "suicide watch" night that was blown out of proportion? Or maybe him answering a question with confidence (dream team) and the media killing him for it? Give him a chance he could turn out to be great and in all honesty has shown more over a longer period than Fitz has. I want the Bills to win I don't care who their qb is and vy is low risk high reward. If Fitz is good to great then their is nothing to worry about. If he sucks we have someone who can come in and give the Bills a chance.

If VY was on the Bills last year do you think Fitz plays with broken ribs? Do you think they finish 1-8? If the answer to either of these is no then the answer to whether or not signing vy was a good idea is yes.

the difficult thing is you can not fairly judge quarterback play in the preseason although several on this board sure do.

Like you said, that's what everyone has done with Thigpen. He barely played last year but apparently he is horrible.

I will say this, Vince Young needs to play well and be a less controversial player. If he fails in Buffalo,he could be done.

That kind of player is a dying breed, teams don't want the headache anymore.

i disagree. i think he needs to understand his role as a backup qb (if he wins that job) and embrace it. i think the best thing he can do for himself is work hard, be humble, and learn everything he can from everyone around him. then if he gets a reputation as a hard working, humble guy with skill, not only could he revive his carreer somewhere but here comes another pay day!

i don't think he is all grown up, i just think that he has figured out the appropriate manner in which to speak to the media. but, i think that if it happens at all, this place is better than most. we have probably got one of the strongest locker rooms in all of professional sports with some great leaders to help him on and off the field. in the end, it's all up to vince.

If I was Vince Young, I look to help the Bills in anyway possible then look for a new deal.

If I was Vince Young, I look to help the Bills in anyway possible then look for a new deal.

I don't think anyone is doubting this guy's desire to be good. I, personally, am doubting his ABILITY to be good.

Like you said, that's what everyone has done with Thigpen. He barely played last year but apparently he is horrible.

I haven't judged Thigpen based on preseason performance ... my problem with him is that the coaching staff didn't have the confidance in him to play him the week after the Redskins game ... if your starting QB gets broken ribs you just gotta send out the backup.

If the backup can't give the starter a week or two or three to heal what do you need a backup for???

IMHO the #2 spot belongs to VY unless he really poops the bed during training camp or preseason.