Is Vince Young a wacko or just a player that needs coaching?

HOUSE

I'm sorry were you talking about Fitz or VY???

Steve Johnson became Buffalo's first ever back-to-back 1,000 yard receiver EVER under Fitz. Fitz threw 24 TDs and for almost 4,000 yards last year ... on a team decimated with injuries and on a team with zero defense. How many games did Buffalo lose last year because of Ryan Fitzpatrick? I might grant you two. Tops.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Young interview, he actually came off as being pissed that he had to answer questions or that anyone would dare question him.

By the way, football is the ultimate team sport in my opinion and that interview was memorable to me and foreshadowing of his career. Successful QBs in the NFL have to realize that the winning formula is about having the best team and not just trying to be the Michael Jordan of the NFL. The old cliche about great players making those around them better is true, though maybe not so simplistic. (No one would say Tom Brady, Drew Brees, or the Manning brothers were the most athletically gifted players on the field for their teams. But few doubt that they are winners.)

VY's conduct in the interview you reference is not only stupid, but I think any coach or vet QB would find it insulting. Obviously he's been disimbued of that notion by now. IMO Vince actually does elevate the level of play of those around him, and not just RBs like Chris Johnson. But that's my opinion and I've about worn out this thread, so I will let it go at that. Cheers.

VY's conduct in the interview you reference is not only stupid, but I think any coach or vet QB would find it insulting. Obviously he's been disimbued of that notion by now. IMO Vince actually does elevate the level of play of those around him, and not just RBs like Chris Johnson. But that's my opinion and I've about worn out this thread, so I will let it go at that. Cheers.

When I said "team", I include coaching as part of the equation. You have admitted that in the Titans drama, Vince, the coaches, and management were not on the same page. On the field, VY was 30-17 in spite of that dysfunction, which is actually rather impressive as compared to Kerry Collins who was 15-17 in the same period on the same team. The good news for your buddy is that Chan has shown some ability to be flexible in the past as far as how he adapts the offense to the strengths of the guys he has. Anybody that can fog a mirror might be an upgrade to Thigpen as the #2 QB, but I hope VY steps it up and achieves more than that.

• 1 month later...

Not the smartest but he was gifted but what really shoots vince in the foot is probably his release and that foot work looks like a ten year old but personally RG the III has one of the best releases i've seen but it comes with how fast you can go thru your reads and make adjustments at the line to know before the ball is snap and Peyton is a master at this and all vince young has going for him is his legs and you can't just rely on that !

Edited by NFLBighits

Vince showed he cant deal with pressure. Chan set him up. Gave him blockers that werent blocking.. much. Quite alot of pressures by Pittsburgh. ( Jailbreaks?)

And the receivers played poorly very well in the that final half. When M. Easely dropped that ball you could see Vince knew it was over. i had to rewind it twice to see his look at Marcus. Gailey busted his Youngs nuts in front of everyone.

I get the feeling Gailey is taking this coaching thing quite seriously

Edited by 3rdand12

Now that we have the benefit of hindsight, I have to believe what Warren Sapp said after Saturday's game:

"The trouble with Vince Young is that he doesn't like football."

Just ponder that one for a few moments.

When Vince was all smiles after the Steelers game, this exact quote from Sapp came to mind. He appears to enjoy the social and economic side of Football, but not the game itself. Key word; APPEARS

Now that we have the benefit of hindsight, I have to believe what Warren Sapp said after Saturday's game:

"The trouble with Vince Young is that he doesn't like football."

Just ponder that one for a few moments.

I think he likes to play HIS GAME and he hates the pocket passer role. Just my opinion